Reviews for A Thought and a Shadow
poison-maestro chapter 6 . 11/25/2008
oh my gosh, this made me want tot cry! i can never seem to get the whole leaving axel thing... just breaks my heart
poison-maestro chapter 2 . 11/25/2008
oh, rox. poor babay... you aint sora no more.
Jayrin Paige chapter 6 . 11/24/2008
Beautifully brilliant.
scarredvines chapter 6 . 11/22/2008
Oh my gosh-I loved this. The way you wrote...I really put myself in Roxas' shoes. I can't really put into words how much I liked this. -Silver
digitalAlchemist chapter 6 . 11/22/2008
Wow... That was incredible. A truely magnificent peice of writing. Truely. So well written, so well plotted, so... fantastic. A true joy to read. Thank you for writing this.

~OneKnux
12q chapter 6 . 11/18/2008
Holy freaking hell I don't know what I'm supposed to say except I've goosebumps all over my arms and my chest aches and my eyes burn. I mean - this - oh my God. Just, oh my God. How could you do this? It's so perfect and wrong and right and beautiful. It's indescribable. You put together the broken pieces to one flowing story and it was so... beautiful, just, pretty, and... breathtaking. You seem to have gotten right into Roxas' head, and it's scary, and somehow all of this seemed so right and so wrong at the same time... It's almost as though you wrote a re-telling of the game, before KH-2, and OUCH but it hurt. I mean. Seriously. How did you do that? I'm so in awe. I'm so - pained, right now, it touched me so very much.

I can't leave you anything but my respect and amazement and love for this story. It is so truly beautiful and horryfying the same time. Thank you, thank you so much for writing and sharing this. Thanks.

Oh, and the bits I loved the most, that broke my heart totally:

(amateurishly quoted as I remember it)

'if riku loved him enough he could go back being sora'

&

'if axel loved him enough, he could just keep being roxas'

&

when riku said "Sora", the sentence with 'where his heart should have been was a flicker of something', something like that.

&

'But Axel disappeared into the darkness of a portal before his eyes, and he found that instead he regretted everything.'

- and, I am so amazed by your Riku. And Axel. Oh my God, Axel, you silly. I want to hug him. I'm so sad for him. I mean, 'six weeks and two days', more of a love statement you couldn't have and then Roxas in the end crying because he'd never said it to Axel,... and that there was no one left to say his real name so he had to do it himself, and... oh my God.
CrashMind chapter 4 . 10/21/2008
I have a bad habit of forgetting to review until the last chapter, but that was beautiful enough to force me into saying so now. The entire end scene has me sniffling a little and I think for the rest of the day 'He thought: maybe if Riku loved him enough, he would turn back into Sora.' will be bouncing around in my brain, I completely adore the finishing sentence too.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this story, it's wonderfully written.
KiaSapphire chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
djskdfskdl. LOVE SO FAR. . Gonna go read more.
Versace Frolic chapter 6 . 10/16/2008
I've never played KHII through to the finish. I've played the game twice up to the same point: the final door atop The Castle That Never Was. The first time I played I was confused about Roxas. The second time I played I wept. (I even let Axel jump around and kill all the dusks in the battle with Sora, crying the entire time. I didn't want him to die.)

What happens to Roxas is so unspeakably wrong. Even if Sora gets to be whole and gets to do all this random shit like "save the world." It's still wrong what happens to him, despite what Namine all valiantly tries to convey: "You won't disappear! You'll be whole!" Because no. No. He did disappear. He never became whole. SORA became whole, which is something entirely different.

Your writing, as I've noticed while systematically working my way through everything you have up at ffnet, is effortless to the point of impossibility. I know this isn't considered strictly canon, like you mentioned, because of Final Mix, but it doesn't feel any less seamless. It feels /right/... which is an embarrassing excuse for validity, but whatever. I really do adore your writing: the lucidity, the unwavering, the ease, the sorrow, the hope. It sits heavy in the the chest, and I love it all the more because of it.
A chapter 6 . 10/13/2008
I don't know where I started crying - probably from the beginning. I think I just breathed in the story and kept it at the back of my mind, then as the story goes, overanalyzed everything. The names, the objects, Riku's taste, the things Roxas thought were his, I remembered them when I was crying at the later chapters. Everything flowed and I almost believed it was canon, like this really, really happened and that it was truly heartbreaking. The last chapter I read at an agonizingly slow pace, to try and absorb everything, analyze it and then cry because it made perfect sense, and then the Sora-Roxas talk. It was heartbreakingly perfect, explained everything and then made me weep because it was so damn sad. And, I don't even know anymore.

This fic really deserves so much more reviews. I filled half of my trash bin with my tissues and kept choking, because it was just - that great. I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write this story and post it.
Cheerful-Pessimist chapter 6 . 10/11/2008
wow. that was heart-wrenching. you portrayed the emotions ao well and everything felt so full. it was wonderful to read.
mirai3k chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
oh man! bone-chilling and so-so-so wicked! Roxas is admittedly the one who breaks my heart into a million pieces in KH2 (well Axel too)

but thank you for this, and for being so talented, and throwing in all those references (Riku's clothes) that added such a great touch!

Will definitely keep reading!
ChocolateMilk2 chapter 6 . 9/29/2008
That was... Nice. It was more than nice actually, but then you already know that. It wasn't simple but it seemed to make everything simple, either Wrong or Right or good or bad. Namine stirred that conclusion well, and that was what made this chapter the peak for me.

I liked the 'Why' theme, and your arguable points in Namine's sort of world that since everything was always that way it was there was no need to ask why. Also- how your writing style is serious but your dialogue isn't so. It was a nice refection on Canon.

Keep up the nice work.
SparkyNZ chapter 6 . 9/16/2008
Oh, I'm crying now. That last chapter was so sad!

Nicely done. That was one of three stories that made me sad.
Anawiel Dewdrop chapter 6 . 9/14/2008
this story is so achingly beautiful it almost broke my heart to read it. it completely changed my mind about Roxas. Fantastic job.

i love your writing style, your humor really resonates with me and the way you can write so much emotion into your stories is a true gift.

thank for putting you ideas into words and blessing us with these stories. i can't wait to read more.
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »