Reviews for Anathema
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
DAMN! intense story. :P
came here from the previous one. too bad this sequel seems incomplete.
Ah, well, whenever you get back to it...! xD
Ahhhhhh! Hakkai! (or should I say Gonou now?) Aiyaaaaa
Dang evil Nii... xD
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
interesting
Itolein chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
thats it? are you serious? you cant be! whats going to happen?
JaybirdnCrew chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
I really, really, loved the last one. Plz dont give up om this T-T I'll cry...
Smexy Kitten chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
The beginning to this sequel did not disappoint me in the least! It's somewhat relieving, yet sad to know that Hakkai remembers the two people who he holds dear to his heart. I can't believe (actually I can) that Nii would do what he did. I'm happy that Hakkai can pick up on the very subtle nuances that Nii gives off, I just hope that he isn't fooled too much by his supposed 'kind savior.' I'm really hoping that the others find him before things get even more out of hand than they are now.

I know it has been a while, but I hope that you will update this piece of wonderful work in the future :-)
Ale chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Oh poo :( I was so excited to find this only to find out that it was never finished.

It's really good, and I adore the idea of a sequel to dysphoria. I hope that you do decide to continue this someday.

I liked how the group is still searching for Hakkai. I doubt they'll find him, likely Nii will sent 'Gonou' after them at some point...or maybe they will find the cabin that Hakkai is in? Although I suppose this is all speculation at this point.

I also wanted to say that I adored the Sanzo and Hakuryuu interaction. 3 So cute.

Anyway, I hope you continue this at some point, but I understand that it has been a long time since this updated and I shouldn't hold my breath :(
starless-ocean chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Dysphoria was great! More of this - MORE! Please? *puppy-eyes*
Gnos fo Ytinrete chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Please update soon. I really like this story and I'm /dying/ to find out what The Doctor has in store for Hakkai/Gonou.

Cya 'round,

Lili
kinosternon chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Yay sequel! I'm looking forward to the next chapter, though I haven't had to wait as long as some people...I'm just glad you're continuing it! Great chapter! I'm sort of disturbed that I'm loving how "Gonou" and Nii are getting along. And I love that Gojyo has Hakkai's limiters...! That made me want to punch the air, seriously, it's so perfect. I also want to know how the whole "berserk" think has been resolved...has Nii been giving him some sort of antidote? Is that the tea? I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later...

I'm also impressed at the fact that the rest of the ikkou seems to be surviving reasonably well without Hakkai...go them! Yay for team dynamics! Go and rescue Hakkai nao! *shakes fist* ...Yeah, this was so sweet. I really want to read more...

(Also, everything A. E. Stover said. ;)
Craic agus Ceol chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
When I saw that this hadn't been updated in two years, I was really sad. I loved Dysphoria (I read the whole thing in, like, a day), but it had such a cliffhanger ending... then I checked your profile, and hope was restored! I think I can wait until October for an update. Maybe.

Oh my. The rest of the boys seriously need to go kick some sense into Hakkai. The poor dear just can't catch a break, can he? I'm absolutely terrified of what Nii has planned for him. I mean, I can take a rough guess, but the good doctor never shows his hand until the time is right and is always thinking a good five steps ahead. Besides, I've never been all that good at chess...

So! Good luck on reconstructing your outline! I hope we will get to see a new chapter soon!
A. E. Stover chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
WHAT. IS. THIS?

I FINALLY find a brilliantly written story in the dying Saiyuki fandom to find that it's hasn't been updated in over TWO YEARS?

*points gun at you* You die. NOW.

Or not. If I did that, you wouldn't be able to finish this, and the only thing that would piss me off more would be the fact that I (sort of) killed off possibly the only person in existence that could think up of a story and execute everything as well as Minekura herself.

Feh. Maybe you are her, somehow.

GAAAH. AT LEAST provide a reason for not updating! A severe case of writer's block? Swamped by a massive collection of financial debts you need to pay off? HAVE YOU DIED?

I hope I haven't offended you in any way. If I have, please use that anger to write out the rest of the story in an attempt to show me how bad-ass you can be. That would be just lovely.

And in an effort to motivate you to write, I shall now list every little goddamn thing I liked about your fic, Dystopia. Why am I not reviewing there? Because...

THE FIRST REASON WHY I LIKE DYSTOPIA! (blatantly ignoring the previous question):

Your characterization. God, you're a fucking genius at it. Every taunt, remark, and insult that gets tossed back and forth plays out so well. It's like, as I said before, you were Minekura herself and managed to tap into her head to figure out what the characters would actually say in this-or-that situations.

The descriptions you provide, though they can be tedious to read at times, paint a clear image in the reader's minds. Your fight-scenes are always a real treat to enjoy; you describe every action and every step accurately and with very little clutter in your sentences. It's all simple and clear to understand, and quite easy to imagine.

The suspense, the slow rise to insanity, etc. - all that is portrayed excellently. There was no jarring development in Hakkai's condition; everything was paced right and was made believable.

Gaaah. One of the main things I absolutely freaking LOVE about your story is how you've managed to maintain the characters' relationships without swinging to yaoi/shounen-ai. That stuff's hard to do, since the series is practically drowning in homo-erotic undertones (or bright, flashing gay lights?). You've managed to re-create the same kind of relationship the characters have in the series without overstepping any boundaries; the protectiveness Sanzo has over Goku, Goku's adoration of Sanzo, the strong bond between Gojyo and Hakkai - and then, there's the feeling of camaderie and strong familial bonds each of the four have for the others, shown in their own ways. It's just... MAGICAL.

So yeah. If you're alive, and not drowning in financial shit (like I am!), you should totally think about updating.( and completing) this little thing here.

But I get it. Life sometimes takes a big bite right outta you and you get blinded by that temporal panic or get lost in a sea of life-responsibility-shit. And I know how hard writing is too; pacing the story, making your characters believable, maintaining a certain balance of showing and with-holding your info, and all that jazz.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. THIS STORY CANNOT STAY LIKE THIS. SO IF YOU'RE GOOD AND ALIVE, WRITE, DAMMIT.

Please? :)3

A. E. Stover

Oh wait. I just realized you've put this on hiatus, as stated on your profile page. How did I miss that? Well, now I feel absolutely ridiculous. Hm...

akirareader chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
please update!

i need to know what happens
Samm Eugene chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
I love your writing o.o Dysphoria is most definitely the best fanfic I've ever read, and i can hardly wait for you to update this :) but the waiting just might kill me please hurry, cuz it has been a bit over a year now T.T
anonymous chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
its been nearly a year! please update!
Atheist1 chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Anticipating your next chapter. Thanks!