Reviews for All My Yesterdays
Smithy chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
I work in a nursing home and I see the ravages of Alzheimer's while working there and I can assure you that it is not a pretty picture to watch. It is a debilitating disease and I would not wish it on my worst enemy.
Zaedah chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Hey there...

Having watched this piece develop scene by scene, I am glad to see how the thread of your original idea moved from beginning to end. When we see how the disease progressed, there becomes an emotional pull for the reader. We saw how David tried to carry on, while beginning to recognize that he was losing some functionality (directions, names and later the BB gun boy). In the end, we sit in the captain's room as David's wife must speak for him, ending his career with such a sad coffin lid; a devastating diagnosis. And that final line? No happy ending here. But true to the pains of the disease when it brings to a halt the course of 'normal life.'

Well done and looking forward to more.
Jonchp99 chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
Nice story Dorisann. Poor David to have Alzheimers at the end. As I read I was thinking he must have had something like that. Nicely done. I liked all the subtle references that you put in to the show.