|Reviews for Insidious Inquisitor|
| odonnellzoo99 chapter 1 . 4/22
Among the 40 million* evil Umbridge stories it is fun to read an occasional well written good Umbridge story. She is almost always undercover in these rare stories.
Hannah's presence as a second romantic interest in the story seems extraneous to me other than the fact that you are intimidated by the glares of fictional teenage girls.
This was an enjoyable story.
Thank you for sharing your creativity.
*randomly generated exaggerated number
| collinssamantha2 chapter 1 . 4/10
That was such a sweet one-shot, thank you
| FreeTraderBeowolf chapter 1 . 4/6
Now this is how you subvert expectations. Not only was Dolores good, the plot was well constructed so that it was believable. With the change in narrative, placing Dumbledore and Fudge both as the villains flowed very well. Since this is a one shot you don't have the problem of destroying the narrative of a much longer work.
| GreenEyesAreAwesome chapter 1 . 3/24
pretty interesting a good dolores, though i don't think she would use a blood quill unless she really was a sadist, after all it scars for life. maybe you could make it so she has a cure?
| HoneyBear84 chapter 1 . 3/21
| setokayba2n chapter 1 . 3/13
Good enough but about Hermione, while 'they' could do nothing, her parents is different, just meet with them and tell how their daughter followed a old man and decided to spy for him betraying a friend.
| keht.jelicho chapter 1 . 3/4
this has been an absolutely brilliant story
| Chryseum chapter 1 . 2/12
So Delores is somehow a spy yet she tortures her students without needing to, and then she suddenly acts like she is in the right. Then we have Amelia who complains about not been given evidence yet never asks for any and everyone in the wizengamot would've happily sent him to azkaban if Dumbledore didn't save him in the trail. And lastly Susan and Hannah are pissed at Harry for not knowing about the contract when he is an orphan raised by muggles, yet they had always known and never once said anything like fucking hypocrites. If I was Harry I'd never even give them a chance for being so selfish.
| Marcus Rowland chapter 1 . 1/31
I've been looking for a "good Umbridge" story for ages, really enjoyed it. Many thanks!
| IgnisFelicis chapter 1 . 1/24
Ppfffttt... That was fun to read!
| 4fundaore chapter 1 . 1/24
| didyousaytim chapter 1 . 1/18
so betrayal by a teacher (i.e., veritaserum) is a good thing .
nosy people likely are being paid
znd there are two gorgeous girls out there but it could take 4 years to find them
| RevDorothyL chapter 1 . 1/3
GOOD Umbridge?! It's amazing - you really made that work! Normally, I just want to kill that sadist in any fic that features her, but having it all be an ACT, so she can spy for the good guys...? Amazing! :)
| FotoDi chapter 1 . 10/18/2020
Did Dumbledore set up a betrothal contract between Harry & Ginny? She really has aspects of an obsessive stalker, non? I think Molly Weasley’s bowlers are Borderline abusive... Hogwarts is more to blame, though, for allowing parental verbal abuse through the wards and subjecting every student to the vitriol’s/ all mail should be scanned not only for curses, hexes, Spells, charms, enchantments, potions, corrosive agents... but also for ill intent. Poppy Pomfrey should be sanctioned for not examining students for abuse. Minerva McGonagall is so busy covering for for Dumbles that she DOES NOT DO HER JOB as either Head of House or Assistant Headmaster,
(1) Putting tiny frail Muggle-raised first year 11-year-old Harry Potter on the Quidditch Team?!
(2) Allowing Oliver Wood to schedule too many, too early, and too long Team practices A without any oversight? What the shell does Madame Hooch do after teaching firsties to fly and acting as Hogwarts official Quidditch Referee for 8 Matches a year...?! That’s it?
(3) Sending 3-4 Firsties to Detention at midnight in the Forbidden Forest with a Wizard/Groundskeeper not allowed to carry a wand?!
(4) Moreover, the Detention is to Investigate which creature is capturing, draining, and killing unicorns?!
(5) Allowing Albus to bring the Philosophers Stone into a School and WORSE, endorsing his idiotic plan by creating an obstacle for his dangerous and callous A obstacle course?
(6) FAILURE: McGonagall is the a Deputy Headmaster in charge of the day-to-day operation of Hogwarts, School Safety, Faculty Performance and Syllabi, Overseeing Student Discipline by monitoring daily detentions and point tallies and also investigating student complaints, ... major failure to achieve objectives sue to Conflict of Interest, Demonstrable Bias, Arrogance, Inability to Delegate, Deliberate Blindness, Passivity, (Exhaustion),
| Jonathan Deller chapter 1 . 10/15/2020
I really enjoyed this. Can you do one about Harry, Susan, and Hannah’s summer? I love Susan and Hannah in this tale! They are a bundle of laughs!