Reviews for Searching for Disaster
C.W. Pruitt chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
I fucking LOVE this story so far. So many things about the wizarding world don't make even a little bit of sense, and I've always wondered why the muggle-born students just seem to accept everything the way it is. I'm definitely looking forward to reading further.
Memory King chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Lurker2345 from FicWad here. Just found the FFN link, might be useful to keep track on this on both sites. Will be adding this to c2 and favourites. Keep writing!
RockIll chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
That was rather splendid! A new, fresh alternative to Harry Potter, finally. I hope to read more brilliance in the near (I repeat NEAR) future. :)
LemonyCrosby chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
I love that centaur thing, hilarious! And the fact that Smith and Greengrass are agreeable characters to Harry's personality and actually complement the story theme. The London Wizarding Post is another great aspect to the story, simply a wonderful fan fiction!

Lemony
LemonyCrosby chapter 2 . 8/19/2008
Ha I totally agree with your rant! Thank you for making a REALISTIC Harry!

Lemony
PeterJAC chapter 4 . 8/19/2008
Brilliant story to date - made me giggle insanely!
JinxyKat chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
This story is amazingly funny. I love the sarcasm, and witty thoughts that you have sprinkled generously throughout the plot. I do hope you continue this story because it’s so amusing.

Thanks for sharing!
Lady Silverhawk chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
Very interesting. I can't wait to see where this is going. :D :D :D
Serious Lee chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
What we do think about the lyrics?

First, putting lyrics in a fanfiction is complete fail.

Second, putting lyrics of one of the song you like to listen is even more fail.

Third, putting emo-shit-gay lyrics is a giant FAIL, faggot.

Now, the story is okay, some things are still not good, like... how did no one notice the school was unsecure, had creepy and uncompetent teachers for dozens of years, and MAGICALLY the next day there's an article about it, aurors investigating, etc. Seriously, if you want a cynical and rational Harry, then make the story at least somewhat logical.

Anyway, it's a nice light read, it's not that bad so far. It's just the lyrics that pissed me off (well not that much since I immediatly scrolled down) and especially you asking what we thought of those crappy lyrics.

Please, please, no more gay and emo lyrics.
Delusional Fishies chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
A much better year than the book.
Nameless chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
lol love the way you made Harry, looking forward to the next chapter:)
Lorelei of the Sea chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
Awesome awesome awesome story. I laughed a lot, and I can't wait for the next chapter!
the dark icon writers chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
It's rare when someone can write a character better than the original writer themselves! THIS is how a real person would react when faced with a world that they've never known and the sarcasm fit's a young HP perfectly.

Well done. Bravo.
iolah chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
I quite like this,. I think that you've shown snarky!Harry in a believable way as well as getting the things that happened in the book to still happen but in different ways. However I think you might want to go about giving Harry a weakness other than his extremely anti-social behavior. Because as of yet he has never lost a verbal sparring, it might do him some good :) Anyway, love the fic, it's hella fun to read, please update soon!
tyger cub chapter 5 . 8/19/2008
I have no idea how I stumbled onto this story, but I tell you I am so glad. I haven't read a story this good in ages. Where as JK Rowlings HP is interesting, there are so many holes that I'm sure it wouldn't be out of place on a shelf full of swiss cheese.

Your Harry, seems alot more realistic and reacts more in a way that I think alot of people would, if finding out about magic for the first time. Keep up the great work, and I can't wait for the next installment.
1,005 | « Prev Page 1 .. 53 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 .. Last Next »