Reviews for Searching for Disaster
spacecatdet chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
I like this. I look forward to seeing whatg happens next. Love teh sarcastic, paranoid Harry.
Tommy14 chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
I'm enjoying this fic and hope to read more.
Lia3 chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
Cool character. Would like to see how Harry got this way. He still needs schooling but perhaps doesn't need a job with his inheritance.
noylj chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
If Harry had a brain, he would have taken the poison and wine with him. One never knows when one will need poison and what boy wouldn't want his own stash of wine?

Terrible cliffie. Was it the imbecilic Bumbles who managed to attack Harry and destroy a "priceless" mirror? Will ANYONE ever ask the incompetent fool why he would use bait to lure the Dork Lard into a school with children and TELL the children exactly where NOT to go, thus guaranteeing that any reasonable student (such as the Weasley twins) would be all over the third floor corridor?

I could only assume in JKR's world, wizards have no sense of child protection and find random deaths at school to be the norm.

PS: if your Harry has any brains, he will take his money and get the hell away from shit-for-brains pedophile headmasterbaters and hateful non-guardians. He would find more sympathy and care from the goblins then he will in the "human" world of his universe.

Why canon!Harry ever wanted to save any of the magical community is beyond me. Even his "best friends" were little more than pathetic excuses for human beings who ignored Harry's problems and demanded that Harry tell them everything about his life (and then ignore all the bad parts).
noylj chapter 5 . 8/20/2008
The important thing about astronomy in the wizarding world is that it has to be so different from muggle vision. Mars DOES NOT get brighter, suddenly, in the muggle world and its brightness certainly can't be used for predictions (even if one was stupid enough to believe in astrology).

Star charts only change based on the time and date (one rotates the chart to match the sky) and one would never have students doing a star chart for a test. The location of any planets in the sky might make for an interesting mathematical prediction or a memory test. Also, if you are doing a star chart, you certainly do not use a telescope.

I wonder how good a magical telescope is?

Imagine astronomy without any science or math, just the celestial sphere. Not even any canon mention as to WHY it is a core course or what it is used for. It certainly doesn't seem to be used for divination.
noylj chapter 4 . 8/19/2008
Harry needs a Jarvey.

Great story. He REALLY should try talking to Sprout about the other teachers and their attitudes to poor 'Puffs.
noylj chapter 3 . 8/19/2008
Re: Rant

If you notice, TV aliens always have a perfect understanding of liberal politics and popular entertainment, and no understanding of anything invented in the last 300 years.

IF you notice, Snape wasn't wearing anything except underwear under his robes (and there was NO uniform specified in Harry's 'Orientation" letter other than robes and the girls chase the boys out to put on their robes) and yet EVERY fanfic and movie has uniforms that are worn under the robe.

Wizards do not understand muggle clothes or fashion, yet they seem to either wear the same clothes many times or something so NOT normal that no one with half a brain would wear without noticing that NO muggle was dressed in anything similar.

Note: Dumble's introduction was as a very tall and thin old man wearing robes showing no sense of color and HIGH_HEELED, SILVER BUCKLED boots. And people laughed at me when I said he sound gay.

Do you remember the Galleon being described as the size of a hubcap? Even the little Brit joke-cars have hubcaps that are too big to fit in my pocket.
noylj chapter 2 . 8/19/2008
Personally, I might suspect that the total loathing and hatred on a stranger's face along with a sudden burst of pain in a magic environment would make me wonder. Not, as you say, my very first thought, but a quick follow-up thought (especially if the SOB saw me flinch in pain and smiled-granted, canon isn't that detailed, but does anyone doubt the look of pure joy on snape's face when Harry almost collapsed in pain?).

Please update story frequently. I really like this Harry so far, thought he has been a little too laid back and reactive. Needs to start a little pro-active chaos.
Vestis chapter 6 . 8/19/2008
Gj. Update soon :)
noylj chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
At least your bloody Harry had the sense to wonder why some headmaster of some lunatic asylum had his vault key. Next question would be why did the head lunatic never come by to tell Harry anything, followed quickly be discovering that said gay-blade of the over one hundred set was the one who dumped Harry on a doorstep in the middle of night with the worst possible "care givers."

I would expect some fireworks soon as Hagrid starts to boast about the old fart.
Gundum M chapter 6 . 8/19/2008
great chapter
southernguh18 chapter 6 . 8/19/2008
I can't help but agree with rant #4. I love this story, how a sane person would deal with it, or at least how I would. Update soon.
BetaGuy chapter 6 . 8/19/2008
Cool.
Darkness in the Light chapter 6 . 8/19/2008
Win and Awesome. Can not wait for more of this. Did Dumbledore hit Harry with a spell.
fraewyn chapter 6 . 8/19/2008