Reviews for Searching for Disaster
My Little Vixen chapter 6 . 8/21/2008
This is such a refreshing story...especially your little rants.

Keep updating. Thanks, Raven.
camarts13 chapter 6 . 8/21/2008
I just love this look on Harry Potter, compleately distroying the magic of the books is somrthing I've been looking for. So I thank you for this refreshing story. and i look forward to the next chapter. Happy Writing
camarts13 chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
i almost laughed out a lung. on to the next chapter
Orange Lantern Tsume chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
Yeah, Quirrel had to have flown a short distance, like he did when attacking Harry; only thing that makes sense. That aside, very good chapter. Keep up the great work.
Son of Odin chapter 5 . 8/20/2008
Firstly, you have to believe me that I always review directly after I read a chapter (if you don't, I'll sent a horny, lonely Millecent Burstrode after you) and secondly; I'm still drunk, so I'm really glad that you've decided to make Harry and Zacharias penpalls over the summer (look my review from chapter 2 up if you don't believe me - and after you did that, run away from Millecent)
Son of Odin chapter 4 . 8/20/2008
I've never read "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them", but I think the ideal pet for Harry should be a talking parrot. I have no idea why though...

PS. I'm still drunk

PPS. You can, and please take this literally, count the times I have reviewed on one hand and two fingers. I reviewed twice on yours. This should say something about your story, or the last PS.

PS. Do you like to read Terry Pratchett by any chance
Son of Odin chapter 2 . 8/20/2008
Yay, Hufflepuff! Wow I'm drunk. I like to see more chapters soon. Please don't let Harry be friends with Ron or Hermione. Try Zacharias Smith...
Mugen23 chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
Great story so far.
Jacleni chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
Hmm. Good show, it makes a good point. That silly wizard, not using magic. x]
ZeroTheDestroyer chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
interesting
dfshie chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
Maybe the shards of the mirror will get them all high or something. After all, it is to show your desires, or dreams or something...
Shadow Lighthawk chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
I must say, I'm deeply impressed with your method of getting Harry into the mirror room without his knowing what the hell was going on. I love how confused Quirrel was about Harry's ignorance. It was *priceless*! It also illustrated the essential self-centeredness (yes, I know, not a word) of Wizards. Quirrel assumed that since he was there with the express purpose of stealing the Stone, then Harry had to be there to stop him. What a moron. I'm curious about who was firing at Quirrel, of course (my money is on Snape), but I'm more curious about this: will Harry manage to keep the Stone? Quirrel/Voldemort didn't know he had it, and Wizards, being inherently illogical, probably won't think to check his pockets for it.

I have a question about the Mirror, though. Erised is supposed to show your heart's desire. In canon, Harry got the Stone because it was his heart's desire to keep Voldemort from getting the Stone. Why did Harry get the Stone here? It would amuse me to know end if he got it because his perennial heart's desire is to screw with people's minds. _

Anyway, I've really enjoyed the story so far. Injecting a healthy dose of sarcasm, cynicism and logic into the Wizarding World is both fun (since watching Wizards try to cope is hilarious) and a little sad, because it sure takes the shine off. One thing I think you need to be a little careful of is going too far in the other direction. Yes, JKR's canon requires a certain suspension of disbelief, but if you push too far with the cynicism, you could wind up with caricatures instead of characters.

I've got to tell you, I'm a little miffed that you killed Hedwig. Of all the secondary character/plot devices that appear perennially in fic, she's probably my favorite. I was steamed when JKR killed her, but then, JKR ended up killing the majority of my favorite characters in the end, for which I have still not forgiven her. What did *you* have against the owl?

I think the most amusing thing so far (barring Harry walking out of Snape's class) is Harry's aversion to Dumbledore. It's funny in general terms of course, but also because a lot of canon!Dumbledore's machinations relied on the fact that Harry trusted him implicitly. Wondering what will happen in this AU when Harry tells Dumbledore to sod off never fails to make me grin.

On another level, though, you make an interesting point about what made Harry trust Dumbledore in the first place. Looking at it through the lens of this story, it seems more and more like Harry trusted Dumbledore mostly on Hagrid's recommendation and because Dumbledore was symbolic of the magical world to him. With the gloss completely gone from the magical world for your Harry, the aura of trustworthiness that surrounds Dumbledore in canon is completely absent as well.

I'm looking forward to Harry's "chat" with Dumbledore!
Kit chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
I can't remember what Harry saw in the mirror in PS/SS just before the stone dropped into his pocket. Did he see himself, or his family? Does this Harry only see his reflection? (In which case he's "the happiest man in the world," I guess. :P) It's hard to imagine what his heart's desire would be.

I'm quite curious as to how he did on his Potions exam without attending a full class the entire year. Did his self-preservation instincts kick in and prompt him to study for the exam?

Really enjoyed the chapter, and I never even THOUGHT about flying over the chessboard before. Rowling really did have it set up so it played to their strengths- and if the troll had been conscious, it would have played to an already-acquired skill. Looking forward to the next one!
Johnny-on-the-spot chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
Thank you! I love the fic and the plot! Harry is just spot on. Will he get Dumbledore back for having his Gringotts key and find out why he had it; or that he put Harry with his relatives? Will Harry find out a way to keep the stone?
Lady Silverhawk chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
Awesome chapter! Can't wait to see what happens next! _ Totally agree with your Quirell rant...never made sense to me either.
1,046 | « Prev Page 1 .. 53 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 .. Last Next »