Reviews for For Keeps
scorchedtrees chapter 8 . 12/30/2012
Wow, this is great! You write Zuko really well. I've never read him sleepwalking or revealing information about his scar that way before :)
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 8 . 7/10/2012
Woah- what a chapter! The answer to the scar question is always horrifying. Will there ever be any more of these? They were quite good, but they're kind of unfinished right now...
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 3 . 7/10/2012
'He Who Burns Toes' had me in a laughing fit. Good description of Toph overall in this chapter!
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 8 . 1/7/2012
Awesome.

-Dyslexic Nerd
Sora Tayuya chapter 8 . 10/16/2011
Ya know...that was surprisingly serious, good bonding time. I really liked your approach on the whole "details of childhood" thing. I feel bad for Zuko, but Sokka took it in good stride, didn't overreact, and was even able to recover both of them in time. Excellent.
matchynishi chapter 8 . 6/12/2011
Wow, this was really great. The way you wrote everyone - so realistic... and so amazing to read because of that. Loved it!
Vi-Violence chapter 8 . 6/7/2011
Very nice, I like this.
doodlechick12 chapter 8 . 5/24/2011
I'd never thought of Zuko to be the sleepwalking type. But I can totally feel for Zuko in the department of sleepwalking; I do too, or at least, I used to. I can't wait for you to update.
illereyn chapter 6 . 4/13/2010
Hear hear! A much better analysis of motivations, 'right', 'wrong' and the gray area between them, than that which canon had! I think Zuko here is very correct and articulate in showing that 'good', 'evil' and redemption are complex concepts, and with his understanding shows how he has the ppotential to lead his Nation to coexist peacefully with others without sacrificing Fire Nation cultural identity. Did I mention already that I liked this scene much better than canon?
mak0-ch1 chapter 8 . 6/30/2009
will you be making more of these? I'm on the boundary of addiction. So if you update even just one more time, it would settle my hunger for these zuko-centric oneshots. If not, then I'll just settle for your other stories. I'd be slightly happier with the former, though.

"Nightblindness" was a good Zuko/Sokka interaction. Thank you for that.

So was the Zuko/Toph interaction (though I'd like to have read another one with Toph's point of view) a couple chapters back

Thank you for writing those two.
meterbroken chapter 8 . 10/28/2008
This is a beautifully constructed character study. I admire your ability to pack so much insight into little drabbles. Zuko is a fascinating character, and you have written many entertaining stories for my insatiable Zutarian obsession. (“Closet Negotiations” was the first fan fiction I ever read. I was hooked.) But I think I like this more. These glimpses reveal ubiquitous conflict. This is a young man with an overwhelming burden, and you capture him so well! I also like that you have him sleepwalking; I wrote that about him, too. Now I can revel vicariously in your greatness. (“See, Rashaka thinks so, too! Yes, THE Rashaka!”) I’m looking forward to more.
Azamiko chapter 8 . 10/27/2008
Ah, these two remain great. (Today, I found a vending machine with Avatar stickers. My friend got Zuko, and I got Sokka, both accidents we were happy with.)
ssmile26 chapter 8 . 10/27/2008
Best part

“This won’t happen again.”

“You’re right,” Sokka said, “I’m going to lock you in your room in at night.”

Zuko grunted. “Like hell.”

“Like tomorrow. A flattened sifu is useless to Aang. But don’t worry, I won’t let my sister toss the key over the cliff or anything. I’m not a mean guy.”

“Generous,” Zuko replied dryly, conscious that he could always escape by window if need be. “You’re a credit to your tribe.”

“You’re welcome,” Sokka agreed.

...That "Like tomorrow" sounds EXACTLY like Sokka. Can TOTALLY hear his voice actor narrating that in my head. Great job! :)
Shadowhawke chapter 8 . 10/26/2008
I loved the way you balanced the humour of the Sokka-isms with the grimness of the situation. Very nice, and very touching. I can almost see it happening in canon, too! Heck, it could very easily be incorporated without messing anything up... very nice job, Rashaka _
Angsty Anime Star chapter 8 . 10/26/2008
I liked the last one. Poor Zuko and Sokka was actually useful for something. Just what every fic needs. lol.