Reviews for No Antidote
Gave me chills, excellent writing and concept (and characters)! Feel like you should’ve just ended it at the ending, but the epilogue/denouement adds something different so fair enough.
Steele S. Publishing Company chapter 8 . 3/28
I haven't read this since I was a teen, and it is still one of my favorite fics. Beyond that, it's one of my favorite pieces of literature. Such spellbinding writing, vivid character voices, and what a premise! It's morbid. It's macabre. It's magnificent.

If you ever need a beta, let me know. I'd love to get in on the ground floor of anything even close to this. And, if I haven't made it painfully clear, well done!
U gay as fudge chapter 4 . 11/28/2020
Funny, he has a team full of poison Pokémon, the thing that’s killing him. Hope he keeps finding Poison types.
U gay as fudge chapter 2 . 11/28/2020
I’ve only been more mad at 1 starter in my life. The one from another fanfic where the charm Andre nearly killed the animal.
Guest chapter 8 . 9/13/2020
It's been ages since I've read this and I've got to say it's qaulity still holds up well. Fics that do that are hard to find. (By the way, did you know this has a TV tropes page?)

Amazing job.

10/10
ReefKeeper chapter 8 . 8/26/2020
The clear amount of thought and preparation the seems to have gone into this story is inspiring. Best character development and interaction I’ve seen in a Pokemon work. Thank you for your efforts.
Debojit chapter 8 . 7/4/2020
Wow.. u did a really good job there. Grammar good. Plot well structured. Good characters and their interaction. I like how the story developed layer by layer. In all this is the most positive review I have ever given anyone. Your story is really good :)
Xovercrazy chapter 8 . 6/19/2020
This story is fantastic in so many ways, great writing, I pulls you in and never let's go and I promise I'll never forget it or read other pokemon fics the same. but I all so curse cuz I've been ugly crying for the past hour and a half, which will likely continue for a while.
Viviene001 chapter 8 . 5/31/2020
Oh god.
Your’re awesome and i’m Dying.
C0rrupt3dSpy chapter 8 . 3/28/2020
incredibly disturbing at the end, but i loved that.
Guest chapter 8 . 2/3/2020
This is a genius story. It is well written, and from the begining you can tell it will be sad. No one expects the twist, they predict Morty will die and that's it, maybe they do exactly what beedrill suggests and join the friend
But no. You go beyond expectations to give a chilling what if story.
I love it and can't believe it got less views and likes than longer, boring, more predictable stories that aren't even well written.
VivatMusa chapter 6 . 1/22/2020
WOW, this was REALLY good! I love how each character has a motivation and SUCH a strong personality! Haunter sounds very clear in his aloof, trickster voice, and his relationship with Arbok makes sense in its own twisted way. Also love how Beedrill fully realizes what Ivysaur has been going through all this time, and (WHEN DID HE LEARN TO SWEAR?! HE WAS JUST A SWEET LITTLE CATERPILLAR BEFORE!).

That ending, though, with the flashbacks and the dialogue mixing together for a perfect culmination. MAN, you really planned this out, huh?

Also, can I just say, your writing is AMAZING? So succinct and neat, but you truly make every word count! Your goal of writing Marty as an incompetent trainer but with an idolized starter was a success, and you made SUCH a layered story! Thank you so much for writing this!
VivatMusa chapter 5 . 1/21/2020
Short on time at the moment, but I wanted to give my appreciation for this chapter. Some other reviewers said it well: Arbok is a great yandere/villain-not-villian. His requests of Bulbasaur, like acting like he's trained, are pretty reasonable and he still admits that he's not perfect and would consider advice. He's not evulz for evulz but he does have his own motive, and a twisted since of sympathy/loyalty, with some genuine compassion. His dialogue also makes him sound unique and properly...creepy like a snake (good job resisting adding "ssssss" to the end of every word, ha). Once again, great job!
VivatMusa chapter 3 . 1/21/2020
(Too lazy to log in)

This is really good! I'm late to the party, but I enjoy the complexities with how you wrote the dilemma between Beedrill and Bulbasaur, of how Beedrill felt guilty and Bulbasaur had to overcome his discrimination. You really went deep into this, and it shows.

I also like the characterization of Zubat. Her personality feels very distinct, and sort of feels like an...optimistic nihilist?

Each character suits Bulbasaur. Beedrill taught him how to overcome his initial fear and remember Marty's true character, while Zubat's been teaching him how to improvise on the spot.

The story itself and the bits of worldbuilding-how Pokemon don't know their own attacks/type until their trainers teach them, etc-really makes this tale stand out. It feels well-fleshed out and very...real. I know why this story gets so much praise; you've earned it!
YXT chapter 8 . 9/29/2019
absolutely amazing, haven't read anything this chillingly morbid in a while, not the first time I've seen zombies in a Pokemon fabric, first time it's been used on humans though, just what I was looking for, but honestly not the best choice to read late at night during examination period
one of my favourite stories so far, I must say I passed this up several times in favour of stories with more chapters, and I deeply regret doing so