Reviews for No Antidote
Debojit chapter 8 . 7/4
Wow.. u did a really good job there. Grammar good. Plot well structured. Good characters and their interaction. I like how the story developed layer by layer. In all this is the most positive review I have ever given anyone. Your story is really good :)
Xovercrazy chapter 8 . 6/19
This story is fantastic in so many ways, great writing, I pulls you in and never let's go and I promise I'll never forget it or read other pokemon fics the same. but I all so curse cuz I've been ugly crying for the past hour and a half, which will likely continue for a while.
Viviene001 chapter 8 . 5/31
Oh god.
Your’re awesome and i’m Dying.
C0rrupt3dSpy chapter 8 . 3/28
incredibly disturbing at the end, but i loved that.
This is a genius story. It is well written, and from the begining you can tell it will be sad. No one expects the twist, they predict Morty will die and that's it, maybe they do exactly what beedrill suggests and join the friend
But no. You go beyond expectations to give a chilling what if story.
I love it and can't believe it got less views and likes than longer, boring, more predictable stories that aren't even well written.
VivatMusa chapter 6 . 1/22
WOW, this was REALLY good! I love how each character has a motivation and SUCH a strong personality! Haunter sounds very clear in his aloof, trickster voice, and his relationship with Arbok makes sense in its own twisted way. Also love how Beedrill fully realizes what Ivysaur has been going through all this time, and (WHEN DID HE LEARN TO SWEAR?! HE WAS JUST A SWEET LITTLE CATERPILLAR BEFORE!).

That ending, though, with the flashbacks and the dialogue mixing together for a perfect culmination. MAN, you really planned this out, huh?

Also, can I just say, your writing is AMAZING? So succinct and neat, but you truly make every word count! Your goal of writing Marty as an incompetent trainer but with an idolized starter was a success, and you made SUCH a layered story! Thank you so much for writing this!
VivatMusa chapter 5 . 1/21
Short on time at the moment, but I wanted to give my appreciation for this chapter. Some other reviewers said it well: Arbok is a great yandere/villain-not-villian. His requests of Bulbasaur, like acting like he's trained, are pretty reasonable and he still admits that he's not perfect and would consider advice. He's not evulz for evulz but he does have his own motive, and a twisted since of sympathy/loyalty, with some genuine compassion. His dialogue also makes him sound unique and properly...creepy like a snake (good job resisting adding "ssssss" to the end of every word, ha). Once again, great job!
VivatMusa chapter 3 . 1/21
(Too lazy to log in)

This is really good! I'm late to the party, but I enjoy the complexities with how you wrote the dilemma between Beedrill and Bulbasaur, of how Beedrill felt guilty and Bulbasaur had to overcome his discrimination. You really went deep into this, and it shows.

I also like the characterization of Zubat. Her personality feels very distinct, and sort of feels like an...optimistic nihilist?

Each character suits Bulbasaur. Beedrill taught him how to overcome his initial fear and remember Marty's true character, while Zubat's been teaching him how to improvise on the spot.

The story itself and the bits of worldbuilding-how Pokemon don't know their own attacks/type until their trainers teach them, etc-really makes this tale stand out. It feels well-fleshed out and very...real. I know why this story gets so much praise; you've earned it!
YXT chapter 8 . 9/29/2019
absolutely amazing, haven't read anything this chillingly morbid in a while, not the first time I've seen zombies in a Pokemon fabric, first time it's been used on humans though, just what I was looking for, but honestly not the best choice to read late at night during examination period
one of my favourite stories so far, I must say I passed this up several times in favour of stories with more chapters, and I deeply regret doing so
pharmakon chapter 8 . 8/11/2019
So the Squirtle is Gamera, friend to children everywhere?

This was awesome. My gosh, this was awesome. And the imprinting reveal was perfectly foreshadowed.
Rex chapter 8 . 6/14/2019
It was very good. Thank you for writing it.
PolygonStars chapter 8 . 5/13/2019
Man, it’s crazy how long this story has stuck with me. My memory is awful. Maybe not Marty levels of bad, but bad. But despite all that, even now, years later, I find myself coming back to this story every now and then. Even ten years later, it’s still a brilliant piece of writing.
It’s nice to see it’s still around. I hope even years from now, if and when ffn fades away and the site goes down for good, someone somewhere will make sure No Antidote remains.
CandiedMemories chapter 8 . 4/16/2019
(no spoilers in this review)
This story is over 10 years old and still holds up incredibly well (in fact, it seems like it could have been written just days ago!). The twists kept me interested and engaged throughout. But even more than that, the way the characters are developed is so tactful and in-depth, I actually developed a connection with them. The story/plot pace is really nice and I think the combat scenes are written out well (sometimes in other fics combat can be clunky/too fast/too slow, but in this fic I found it to be enjoyable). I definitely expect to revisit this fic again in the future (something I only do with one other story).
Ali-a chapter 1 . 12/7/2018
whippity wine ima steal this and put it into my very cool youtube fortnite vode
EmberTheDraconian chapter 8 . 12/7/2018
I must say, this was a beautifully crafted and well written story. For being created so long ago, it's even more impressive that it has such an inciting, emotion-irking story. The characters, the events, they all feel so... Real. And it never fails to make my insides hurt. Many stories make me feel horribly sad, but few make me cry. I have no criticism for this piece of art besides "Please, make it less heart wrenching!" But I also know that people should and CAN write in any way they desire. I don't know how authors can handle creating such sad tales... But I'm quite impressed nonetheless. I'm not a very avid Pokemon player, so I must say, that twist with Ivysaur (Or "Felix" as I personally nicknamed them) being a poison type, and thus immune to poison, was completely unexpected. This story is even better if you don't play Pokemon a lot, or at all. A friend of mine recommended this to me, and I'm glad they did. I also hate them because of the way the story always managed to twist and pull on my emotions, but oh well. I never knew which characters had bad intentions. I never knew who to trust. I was always on edge, waiting for the next terrible thing to occur... And Marty's unavoidable demise. I know Marty wasn't the smartest trainer, as clarified many, many times, but I enjoyed him. For the small amount of time he was "ok," I really did like him. I was praying that you would do what other authors would do, and save him. Somehow. Anyhow. His death, and then possession, saddened me beyond explanation. I truly believed that he and Felix COULD persist. That they COULD achieve their goals, and that they may live happily together, with Beedrill, and everyone else. But that is just not the case... Marty is the character I feel most sorry for. Even above Felix. But I feel terrible for each of the characters. Except for the Haunter, and the Ghost representative. I'm a bit... Disturbed,to say the least, by the idea of possession and mind control. But I realize it would be for the Pokemon's own good. This story will be disturbing and bothering me for a very, very long time. Well done. - Ember.