Reviews for No Antidote
Anon chapter 8 . 10/29/2015
Interesting. Bulbasaur was a starter, meaning he could imprint on any trainer, whether it was Marty, Ekans, or Haunter, but he couldn't be a trainer himself. It explains why he wasn't opposed to serving Marty's possessed body.
I suppose you could say that Ekans was ultimately trained by the ghosts, and was able to train the others thanks to that. But who trained the ghosts? Giratina? I suppose so, seeing as he planned so much.
Just a few of my thoughts. Great story, it's something I'll end up rereading. I wonder how much I missed?
budchick chapter 8 . 10/16/2015
Nice. I liked the premise of the story, thought I was going to read about Bulbasaur friends making it all the way to the league through trickery by themselves. Would've been a big surprise! When the end chapters started talking about a mysterious plan, I thought it was Mewtwo - he was a pokemon acting as a pokemon trainer, thought it was some philosophical idea of his. No, it's Giratina :P
Biancachu chapter 8 . 10/5/2015
I enjoyed the concept. It's a little unusual and had good writing.
Alyss Penedo chapter 1 . 6/20/2015
Wait, is the mysterious helpful voice one of the ghost-types in the zombie conspiracy? Is that when Bulbasaur came into their notice, or was it actually just a random Pokemon?

Gods this is so depressing and disturbing but I can't help but love it anyways. You do good work, m'dear.
Denkarasugin chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
Welp... Now I'm crying in drivers ed. First fanfic I chose to read an I'm crying in public.
I loved the usage of imagery and I'm hooked on the story
Llamapolis chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
You obtained 0 ANTIDOTE!
Lucario Ignitus chapter 8 . 5/26/2015
This story should be put in textbooks for its moral values and how to write a goddamn awesome fanfic
Talgoran chapter 8 . 5/25/2015
Here are some notes on my thoughts as I read this through start to finish over two days.
- Interesting beginning. Isn't Bulbasaur a poison type though? I have a feeling you are well aware of this, and will use it later.
- Nice reversal of power. Pokemon's always about the trainer pulling the strings on his team, and this shows the lowly and ignorant Bulbasaur starter helping out his trainer. I love how he seems so parent-like at times, making decisions for both of them. Cool perspective on Pokemon. Never seen that in a story I think.
- Did the weedle evolve twice in one day? And have only a single battle as a kakuna? I hope not. If that isnt the case, it was certainly unclear. At any rate, it evolved twice super quickly. It's practically still a baby. It'd be almost like a 2 month old blastoise.
- Really sad when Bulbasaur realizes the Pokedex that Marty relied on so heavily is broken. Amazing how you pulled some solid emotion out of that revelation. You really humanize Marty, I'm rooting for him!
- Holy crap that Water gym battle. This is only going to get more depressing isn't it?
- Nice explanation of memory consolidation explanation hehe. I can tell you've studied psychology.
- Good use of flashbacks earlier on. Nice story structure.
- I think you should have spent a bit more time on pre-trauma Marty so we could appreciate better what he's lost. You talk so much about his deterioration and such, but we only had a few paragraphs of him behaving as his passionate but inept lovable self. I think you should have given him more charm, personality, reasons to root for him and Bulbasaur before taking it all away. Even in flashbacks.
- Loved how you wrote Ekans, especially during the Machop battle.
- Wow, Chapter 4 ending is sad. This is brutal! I love it.
- Sometimes hard to tell who's talking.
- Big change in story direction with Ekans training. Don't really like it. You took the story from a tragic struggling Bulbasaur to a weird villain scheme.
- Stop the damn nightmare sequences. Ruins the impact of ACTUAL big moments.
- Story picked up again after Ivysaur evolution. Plot moving forward, better pacing.
- Fantastic job making it almost perfectly like the games from what I can tell, mechanically.
- "May I ride too? You may." Haha just love that mental image. My favorite moment of the fanfic.
- Unexpected direction with the possession of Marty. I like it. The fact that Ivysaur lets himself be held and carried just for the sentiment seems incorrect though. Just didn't fit his personality I feel.
- I liked the timeskip and denouement. When I saw myself heading to the final chapter, I thought this would be an unfinished fanfiction and became sad. But I liked what you did. You got the ball rolling, had a cool story, then jumped to the results.
- Still kinda abrupt though. One minute they're finally reunited, making detailed plans that you actually describe (e.g. the Nidoran), and then there's a massive timeskip.
- So...what was Giratina's plan? Get better welfare for Pokemon? Kinda weird you set him up as this powerful warlord in the shadows, describing his satisfaction with his plan's progress, and then just ended the story. Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought his endgame would be a bit more ambitious than helping abandoned starters.
- Very cool ending though. Societal progress, yay! You took the story at a very small-scale viewpoint, then at the end you showed the bigger picture and what it means for the universe.
- Overall, I thought this was a good fanfiction, personally! Very small-scale viewpoint, not much distance travelled or deeds accomplished. Yet a cohesive story resulted. Highly character-driven. I like that every now and then. I also really liked that they failed versus Misty.
- Thank you for writing this! I've learned plenty for my own fanfiction writing. I enjoyed!
Max chapter 8 . 5/17/2015
Damn dude u are great at this stuff
Max chapter 2 . 5/17/2015
Wow I feel bad for playing Pokemon now hurting defenseless Pokemon
tH1s chapter 1 . 5/4/2015
Feel trip
kittylovesanime chapter 8 . 2/9/2015
my friend told me about this story and I just had to check it out,and wow,it is so amazing!no words can really describe how I feel about it,'cause it's a mix of sadness and happiness and confusion and irony and I just love it so much!especially with what u did with all the characters,like they're all flawed,but they're not inherently bad,which was sad,knowing that in the end it was bulbasaur's and marty's fault for using the antidote,but I was happy that u created realistic characters.I also really enjoyed seeing where the title came from I know this is very old for u,so I hope ur moving on to bigger things!
GreenCAT the second chapter 8 . 12/27/2014
ImpossiblyWeird chapter 8 . 12/19/2014
This is one of the greatest Pokémon stories I have ever read. It's so dark, and yet introduces so many questions. It shows that maybe not everyone can be a trainer. After all, who thinks that their pokémon would die, much less them? Looks like someone didn't go to school to learn about poison types. I wish Ivysaur would have gotten more recognition, but he was pretty loyal. This entire story could be a theory. Very impressive fanfiction.
VeinsxofxGlass chapter 8 . 12/11/2014
This was...amazing. I have no words. It's exactly the kind of story I look for in fanfiction: dark take on themes established in canon.
I would love to read more Pokemon stories by you!
219 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »