Reviews for No Antidote
Talgoran chapter 8 . 5/25/2015
Here are some notes on my thoughts as I read this through start to finish over two days.
- Interesting beginning. Isn't Bulbasaur a poison type though? I have a feeling you are well aware of this, and will use it later.
- Nice reversal of power. Pokemon's always about the trainer pulling the strings on his team, and this shows the lowly and ignorant Bulbasaur starter helping out his trainer. I love how he seems so parent-like at times, making decisions for both of them. Cool perspective on Pokemon. Never seen that in a story I think.
- Did the weedle evolve twice in one day? And have only a single battle as a kakuna? I hope not. If that isnt the case, it was certainly unclear. At any rate, it evolved twice super quickly. It's practically still a baby. It'd be almost like a 2 month old blastoise.
- Really sad when Bulbasaur realizes the Pokedex that Marty relied on so heavily is broken. Amazing how you pulled some solid emotion out of that revelation. You really humanize Marty, I'm rooting for him!
- Holy crap that Water gym battle. This is only going to get more depressing isn't it?
- Nice explanation of memory consolidation explanation hehe. I can tell you've studied psychology.
- Good use of flashbacks earlier on. Nice story structure.
- I think you should have spent a bit more time on pre-trauma Marty so we could appreciate better what he's lost. You talk so much about his deterioration and such, but we only had a few paragraphs of him behaving as his passionate but inept lovable self. I think you should have given him more charm, personality, reasons to root for him and Bulbasaur before taking it all away. Even in flashbacks.
- Loved how you wrote Ekans, especially during the Machop battle.
- Wow, Chapter 4 ending is sad. This is brutal! I love it.
- Sometimes hard to tell who's talking.
- Big change in story direction with Ekans training. Don't really like it. You took the story from a tragic struggling Bulbasaur to a weird villain scheme.
- Stop the damn nightmare sequences. Ruins the impact of ACTUAL big moments.
- Story picked up again after Ivysaur evolution. Plot moving forward, better pacing.
- Fantastic job making it almost perfectly like the games from what I can tell, mechanically.
- "May I ride too? You may." Haha just love that mental image. My favorite moment of the fanfic.
- Unexpected direction with the possession of Marty. I like it. The fact that Ivysaur lets himself be held and carried just for the sentiment seems incorrect though. Just didn't fit his personality I feel.
- I liked the timeskip and denouement. When I saw myself heading to the final chapter, I thought this would be an unfinished fanfiction and became sad. But I liked what you did. You got the ball rolling, had a cool story, then jumped to the results.
- Still kinda abrupt though. One minute they're finally reunited, making detailed plans that you actually describe (e.g. the Nidoran), and then there's a massive timeskip.
- So...what was Giratina's plan? Get better welfare for Pokemon? Kinda weird you set him up as this powerful warlord in the shadows, describing his satisfaction with his plan's progress, and then just ended the story. Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought his endgame would be a bit more ambitious than helping abandoned starters.
- Very cool ending though. Societal progress, yay! You took the story at a very small-scale viewpoint, then at the end you showed the bigger picture and what it means for the universe.
- Overall, I thought this was a good fanfiction, personally! Very small-scale viewpoint, not much distance travelled or deeds accomplished. Yet a cohesive story resulted. Highly character-driven. I like that every now and then. I also really liked that they failed versus Misty.
- Thank you for writing this! I've learned plenty for my own fanfiction writing. I enjoyed!
Max chapter 8 . 5/17/2015
Damn dude u are great at this stuff
Max chapter 2 . 5/17/2015
Wow I feel bad for playing Pokemon now hurting defenseless Pokemon
tH1s chapter 1 . 5/4/2015
Feel trip
kittylovesanime chapter 8 . 2/9/2015
my friend told me about this story and I just had to check it out,and wow,it is so amazing!no words can really describe how I feel about it,'cause it's a mix of sadness and happiness and confusion and irony and I just love it so much!especially with what u did with all the characters,like they're all flawed,but they're not inherently bad,which was sad,knowing that in the end it was bulbasaur's and marty's fault for using the antidote,but I was happy that u created realistic characters.I also really enjoyed seeing where the title came from I know this is very old for u,so I hope ur moving on to bigger things!
GreenCAT the second chapter 8 . 12/27/2014
Heartbreaking.
ImpossiblyWeird chapter 8 . 12/19/2014
This is one of the greatest Pokémon stories I have ever read. It's so dark, and yet introduces so many questions. It shows that maybe not everyone can be a trainer. After all, who thinks that their pokémon would die, much less them? Looks like someone didn't go to school to learn about poison types. I wish Ivysaur would have gotten more recognition, but he was pretty loyal. This entire story could be a theory. Very impressive fanfiction.
VeinsxofxGlass chapter 8 . 12/11/2014
This was...amazing. I have no words. It's exactly the kind of story I look for in fanfiction: dark take on themes established in canon.
I would love to read more Pokemon stories by you!
scranity chapter 8 . 11/2/2014
This whole thing has been creepy. Like, unsettling and slightly emotionally scarring. I don't know if I liked it because of this, but I can't deny that this was a good story. In the being well written sense.
UnsungMelody2209 chapter 8 . 8/29/2014
So my opinion now that I finished. It truly is a wonderful story. I enjoyed most all of it. Let me rephrase that; I enjoyed ALL of it, but I feel that the story should have ended at the author notes on chapter 6. The continuation of the next two chapters struck me as slightly anticlimactic in the sense that it didn't feel like it belonged there. The story was a tragedy from a viewpoint of a starter pokemon that is scientifically modified to adore and revere his trainer, while not even the weedle who has been with Marty since birth pretty much feels as deeply as Ivysaur does. Ivysaur lost his trainer and the ending would have been suiting had it ended tragically with him giving into despair and leaving his trainers side that he never admiring.

I feel with the next two chapters the story began to lean more towards the theme of revenge and justice that take away from the tragic emotion of the story. That being said, I believe the last two chapters are in fact crucial to the completion in entirety but maybe should have been done separatly, like an sequel starting another story. It would give it the same finished feel without treading on tragic emotional buildup throughout the whole story. Instead of being overcome by sadness or depression (it was that sad) at the end like I was after chapter 6, I was filled with relief and a sense of honor for the ghost pokemon and a new found respect. Though those are great emotions to be provoking from a simple story, they do not consist with the theme in my opinion.

This is just my opinion and I do not wish to devalue the sheer awesomeness of this story. Just a comment I felt I must express. But I am very impressed with this story regardless and will be marking it into my favorite stories section. I look forward to reading another great story from you. I enjoy these tragically themed stories haunted with dejection and despondency. So hopefully you read this and can refer me to another story with the same theme? That would be helpful. I will be looking through them anyway for another interesting story to muse over.
UnsungMelody2209 chapter 5 . 8/28/2014
Jesus Christ man! Good job making ekans/Arbok the most creepiest yandere resmembling pokemon ever! And he's not even a girl. He's just... Creepy. It's fascinating lol he gives me chills yet I also cannot stop reading and enjoying what he says it what he does. He ate his trainer too huh lol did he eat the other trainer too when he took him away after he died? Is he going to eat Marty!? Creepy snake... Can't wait to find out lol
Krazyfanfiction1 chapter 8 . 8/24/2014
wow...just...wow
Ka-tay's mind chapter 8 . 8/21/2014
Probably will need to read this over a few more times to understand...
Ka-tay's mind chapter 7 . 8/21/2014
Really, really confused right now.
Ka-tay's mind chapter 6 . 8/21/2014
I only remembered that the whole damn team consisted of part-poison types right before Haunter said it. Marty's death is pretty saddening though. Where did Zubat go to?
227 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »