Reviews for No Antidote
UnsungMelody2209 chapter 8 . 8/29/2014
So my opinion now that I finished. It truly is a wonderful story. I enjoyed most all of it. Let me rephrase that; I enjoyed ALL of it, but I feel that the story should have ended at the author notes on chapter 6. The continuation of the next two chapters struck me as slightly anticlimactic in the sense that it didn't feel like it belonged there. The story was a tragedy from a viewpoint of a starter pokemon that is scientifically modified to adore and revere his trainer, while not even the weedle who has been with Marty since birth pretty much feels as deeply as Ivysaur does. Ivysaur lost his trainer and the ending would have been suiting had it ended tragically with him giving into despair and leaving his trainers side that he never admiring.

I feel with the next two chapters the story began to lean more towards the theme of revenge and justice that take away from the tragic emotion of the story. That being said, I believe the last two chapters are in fact crucial to the completion in entirety but maybe should have been done separatly, like an sequel starting another story. It would give it the same finished feel without treading on tragic emotional buildup throughout the whole story. Instead of being overcome by sadness or depression (it was that sad) at the end like I was after chapter 6, I was filled with relief and a sense of honor for the ghost pokemon and a new found respect. Though those are great emotions to be provoking from a simple story, they do not consist with the theme in my opinion.

This is just my opinion and I do not wish to devalue the sheer awesomeness of this story. Just a comment I felt I must express. But I am very impressed with this story regardless and will be marking it into my favorite stories section. I look forward to reading another great story from you. I enjoy these tragically themed stories haunted with dejection and despondency. So hopefully you read this and can refer me to another story with the same theme? That would be helpful. I will be looking through them anyway for another interesting story to muse over.
UnsungMelody2209 chapter 5 . 8/28/2014
Jesus Christ man! Good job making ekans/Arbok the most creepiest yandere resmembling pokemon ever! And he's not even a girl. He's just... Creepy. It's fascinating lol he gives me chills yet I also cannot stop reading and enjoying what he says it what he does. He ate his trainer too huh lol did he eat the other trainer too when he took him away after he died? Is he going to eat Marty!? Creepy snake... Can't wait to find out lol
Krazyfanfiction1 chapter 8 . 8/24/2014
wow...just...wow
Ka-tay's mind chapter 8 . 8/21/2014
Probably will need to read this over a few more times to understand...
Ka-tay's mind chapter 7 . 8/21/2014
Really, really confused right now.
Ka-tay's mind chapter 6 . 8/21/2014
I only remembered that the whole damn team consisted of part-poison types right before Haunter said it. Marty's death is pretty saddening though. Where did Zubat go to?
Ka-tay's mind chapter 5 . 8/21/2014
Hmm?!
Ka-tay's mind chapter 4 . 8/19/2014
Well that was unexpected.
Ka-tay's mind chapter 3 . 8/19/2014
So, a Zubat, and now challenging the Cerulean City gym. He's doing pretty well.
Ka-tay's mind chapter 2 . 8/19/2014
A protective one, aren't we?
Ka-tay's mind chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
An emotional beginning with a fantastic storyline. It helps that I love Bulbasaur. And the voice in the forest? I initially thought it was Celebi, but maybe...Mew?
Guest chapter 8 . 8/7/2014
This is one of the best pokemon fanfics I've ever read. Seriously.
Please keep writing!
Miss.Lavender Celesta chapter 8 . 6/27/2014
Man, never had I thought of this kind of premise! * 0 *

When I first saw this story, I wasn't too interested. Normally I'd only read OC stories written by friends I know personally. But it's not everyday you can find this kind of neat 'what-if' story, so I proceeded. I certainly wasn't expecting a rarity! A well written OC Pokémon trainer story, with unusual concept, and well-developed OC Pokémon personalities? With good writing to boot? A rare treat, indeed!

At the first chapter, I was thinking ,"huh? But isn't Bulbasaur part Poison-type? Why would it be a problem if he was assaulted by a barrage of Poison Sting?" but in the middle of this fic you said at A/N that it IS supposed to be that way; the kid was supposed to be not well-knowledgable, a character flaw instead of story flaw. Yes, we all have to admit that it really IS hard to make it seem that way without spelling it with all capital letters. It can be frustating to read a character (esp a main character) to make (common beginner) mistakes that we all have known better. But it's necessary to be able to do so! Or the character would be "too perfect" and become a Sue/Stu.

At the point when Ekans-later-Arbok was introduced, I was also suspicious of the character. He continued to be ambiguous, gray-moraled. After the gang spent more time at Lavender Town, I (along witth Bulbasaur-he is the main character all along, isn't he?) begun to trust him, then suspect him around the nightmare-filled part, and finally I was sure to know where he stand later after Bulbasaur accused him. Haunter certainly is a questionable character, the ghosts (and Giratina) not less dubious. When the y reached Saffron, I was silently cheering them for the upcoming gym battle-but BAM! Author used Plot Twist! It's super effective! Reader is confused! It hurt itself in confusion!

...in the end you wrapped it in a way completely unexpected. I was disappointed that you chose this, but hey, you got all the string tied up. No problemo

As I said before, no grammar mistakes that disrupt reding, so far. Just want to point out something; "don't bit something POISONOUS, and don't let something VENOMOUS bite you!"

Regards,
lalalala1 chapter 8 . 6/21/2014
Wow. I really loved reading this. I just hope that Mrs. Atrice finally found out the truth, she must've been so confused and so destroyed... But it was an AMAZING story! The emotions, the feelings, the characters, it was too good.
lalalala1 chapter 7 . 6/21/2014
I wish Ivysaur would just stop living in the past... Besides, he's with all of his friends, right? And he's partially happy with this!
218 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »