Reviews for No Antidote
Ka-tay's mind chapter 2 . 8/19/2014
A protective one, aren't we?
Ka-tay's mind chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
An emotional beginning with a fantastic storyline. It helps that I love Bulbasaur. And the voice in the forest? I initially thought it was Celebi, but maybe...Mew?
Guest chapter 8 . 8/7/2014
This is one of the best pokemon fanfics I've ever read. Seriously.
Please keep writing!
Miss.Lavender Celesta chapter 8 . 6/27/2014
Man, never had I thought of this kind of premise! * 0 *

When I first saw this story, I wasn't too interested. Normally I'd only read OC stories written by friends I know personally. But it's not everyday you can find this kind of neat 'what-if' story, so I proceeded. I certainly wasn't expecting a rarity! A well written OC Pokémon trainer story, with unusual concept, and well-developed OC Pokémon personalities? With good writing to boot? A rare treat, indeed!

At the first chapter, I was thinking ,"huh? But isn't Bulbasaur part Poison-type? Why would it be a problem if he was assaulted by a barrage of Poison Sting?" but in the middle of this fic you said at A/N that it IS supposed to be that way; the kid was supposed to be not well-knowledgable, a character flaw instead of story flaw. Yes, we all have to admit that it really IS hard to make it seem that way without spelling it with all capital letters. It can be frustating to read a character (esp a main character) to make (common beginner) mistakes that we all have known better. But it's necessary to be able to do so! Or the character would be "too perfect" and become a Sue/Stu.

At the point when Ekans-later-Arbok was introduced, I was also suspicious of the character. He continued to be ambiguous, gray-moraled. After the gang spent more time at Lavender Town, I (along witth Bulbasaur-he is the main character all along, isn't he?) begun to trust him, then suspect him around the nightmare-filled part, and finally I was sure to know where he stand later after Bulbasaur accused him. Haunter certainly is a questionable character, the ghosts (and Giratina) not less dubious. When the y reached Saffron, I was silently cheering them for the upcoming gym battle-but BAM! Author used Plot Twist! It's super effective! Reader is confused! It hurt itself in confusion!

...in the end you wrapped it in a way completely unexpected. I was disappointed that you chose this, but hey, you got all the string tied up. No problemo

As I said before, no grammar mistakes that disrupt reding, so far. Just want to point out something; "don't bit something POISONOUS, and don't let something VENOMOUS bite you!"

Regards,
lalalala1 chapter 8 . 6/21/2014
Wow. I really loved reading this. I just hope that Mrs. Atrice finally found out the truth, she must've been so confused and so destroyed... But it was an AMAZING story! The emotions, the feelings, the characters, it was too good.
lalalala1 chapter 7 . 6/21/2014
I wish Ivysaur would just stop living in the past... Besides, he's with all of his friends, right? And he's partially happy with this!
lalalala1 chapter 6 . 6/21/2014
What the heck is Ivysaur's "goal", anyway? To join some other trainer on his team and win the league? Can't wait to find out!
lalalala1 chapter 5 . 6/21/2014
I just noticed that all of Marty's (not really his Pokémon, a Pokémon is training all the others, what does that make Marty?) Pokémon are Poison-types. Bulbasaur is Grass and Poison, Zubat is Poison and Flying, Arbok is Poison, and Beedrill is Bug and Poison.
lalalala1 chapter 4 . 6/21/2014
Marty is giving up something that he doesn't even remember anything about? Hm...
lalalala1 chapter 3 . 6/21/2014
Is Marty dying (again?)? I like how Bulbasaur was about to attack Starmie, when Starmie and the gym leader are actually calling off the battle and going to Marty's aid.
lalalala1 chapter 2 . 6/21/2014
Why is Bulbasaur being so mean? This Beedrill won't attack him... Those bad memories must be what's causing it.
lalalala1 chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
Bulbasaur's a Poison-type, it can't get poisoned... I like the story, though. The concept is amazing. A trainer's loyalty to his Pokémon costs his brain, the Pokémon wants him to fulfill the promise along with him (even though he probably doesn't remember the promise), it's just amazing.
Adeptis chapter 8 . 5/30/2014
Good Story.
HeroFiend chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
I LOVED this story. Honestly, I actually grew attached to the different personas you drafted throughout the chapters, and I don't grow attached easily.
Personally, I will have liked to see their journey to the very end, rather than a conspicuous 52 months later. No worries, though, the ending represented everything you have presented us so far. A change in pokemon.
The love and adoration a starter pokemon feels towards its trainer, and the bystander opinions of other pokemon in the world. Kudos to you for capturing that notion in a completely novel way. I hope you will return to Fan Fiction again, and churn out an equally amazing piece of work once again. Keeping my fingers crossed for that!
rianifitria chapter 8 . 4/23/2014
Holy shit... I mean, seriously, this is a damn good story, and I wasn't even a fan of pokemon.

I like the way you make it from Bulbasaur's point of view. A few of Marty's action before he just gave up made him looks incompetent, but I chalked it off to severe amnesia.

It's a very nicely plotted stories. I also like the flashback of the disastrous day with the added comments from what Bulbasaur had heard along the way. It really showed a good planning, or at least a good recall of what had been written.

Several time I was in tears actually. Lol.

I half expected a Disney happy ending. Marty cured by Girantina and they lived happily ever after as the champion of Pokemon league. But I think Girantina conspiring with the ghosts to make zombie pokemon trainers is the more epic ending. Really, really great and novel.

I salute you.