Reviews for Under His Nose
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Ha. Cute. :) Well written, too.
Maus17 chapter 5 . 7/16/2013
OH MY GOSH! I LOVE THIS.
Mikell chapter 5 . 5/28/2010
All together now... D'!

lol What an unexpected, and very cool ending. I LOVE stories in which, when you get to the end, you go "Oh, of course! It all makes sense now!", as if it couldn't have ended any other way. Very satisfying conclusion. Nicely played.

I had to laugh at April... It's not easy keeping secrets from Splinter, is it? lol I love it.

Mikell chapter 4 . 5/28/2010
True enough, boys will find trouble... or it finds them. Hmmm packing tape and newspapers? Not exactly the makings of an atom bomb, are they? At least, you wouldn't think so. Until you raised a little boy. Then you'd be amazed what mischief their minds can achieve. hugs Splinter

Mikell chapter 3 . 5/28/2010
HAHAHA Another lesson of parenthood! I love it... Poor Splinter. Those boys, when they put their minds to it, are downright dangerous. hugs Splinter

This would be hysterically funny if not for one minor detail... Donatello slipping out of the Lair? Alone? o.o Not good. not good not good not good... I just hope Splinter can figure out what they're up to before one of them gets hurt. :(

Mikell chapter 2 . 5/28/2010
Awww Now Leo and Mikey are keeping secrets too? What on earth are those boys up to?

As a mom of a 10yo, I feel Splinter's pain. Boys can think up mischief to make a parent's hair turn grey, while at the same time you're so darn proud that they were clever enough to think of it! LOL

Mikell chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Hmmm I have a feeling there's something more going on here than just a bag of matches. :(

Reading on...

MrsChaucersSquire chapter 5 . 4/19/2010
Wonderful story. I loved it.
Darlantana chapter 5 . 4/18/2010
Hah, I know what you mean! Angst is all well and fun, but sometimes it's nice to read a story where the family is just like any other family and has a happy ending :D Nice work!
jadedolphin chapter 5 . 4/18/2010
I thought this was really cute and well written. I love how insightful, mature, and clever that you made the guys seem in this, and the interactions between the siblings was very sweet.
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Best line of all: whenever all of my sons are getting along together, something is afoot.

Indeed!

Great beginning, though I see by your publishing date that this story's been on the proverbial 'back burner' for some time, waiting for an update. Glad you did! :0)

Blessings,

Rene'
MrsChaucersSquire chapter 3 . 4/11/2010
Way cool! Great writing.
Agent66 chapter 3 . 4/10/2010
So first, I am really enjoying this story. I really don't think there are enough good Splinter stories here and this one has the right amount of parenting and intrigued chaos that would hold someone's attention.

I did have a few probs/questions, so here they go -

1. Not sure why you would place this before the 2k3 timeline and have April involved. Other than your AN about this being a 'before time' fic, there's no evidence that they are younger than how we know them. My mind just went with standard teen turtles.

2. With that said, in this chapter (I think it's this chapter), you have Mikey mention that April would be on at 10. If you're basing this on the 2k3 series (which in turn is based on the comics), April isn't a reporter. She was an assistant to Baxter Stockman; in 07 movie she was an artifacts collector. I liked to think of it as a travelling version of 2nd Time Around.

3. There were a few spots that I thought were a bit OOC from the guys, but with Splinter's realization came my realization. Everyone was either acting too cheery or too like themselves (their stereotypes) and I had to keep reminding myself that the guys are up to something.

That I really liked cause it puts the reader in Splinter's shoes, but keeps us an outsider. Cause then we would say, 'That was something Mikey would do', 'Raph was a bit of a jerk, but something he would do', and 'Leo's being a brat, but that makes sense' and then we get Splinter's 'Hey, wait a minute...that went a little TOO according to type!'

So after that long winded speach, I am enjoying this and look forward to chapter 4.
Autumn Daughter chapter 3 . 4/10/2010
Interesting. Very, very interesting.

I sure wonder what will happen next
MrsChaucersSquire chapter 2 . 9/4/2009
You have peaked my interests.