Reviews for Those Roads You Choose
meganechan720 chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
I love Dark Turtles stories. This is a wonderful one.
Caleigho chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
Gloriously written.
GhostlyFootsteps chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
OMIGOSH I LOVE IT!DO MORE!DO MORE PLEASE!
somesortofthing chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Oh, awesome. Even if it wasn't an answer it was great :3.
Sabrinasidd chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
This story was just... AMAZING! I really enjoy your light-hearted work, but there's always a special place of worship and adoration for your dramatic, anguish-filled character-study pieces. This was IN-credible writing!

I loved the poetic way you built up Dark-Leo's character. You could see this guy slowly coming to the conclusions, revelations and epiphanies that Leo, Splinter (actually the whole turtle family) had been trying to instill in him. I liked how Dark-Leo came to realize that there's a special kind of strength to be gained in familial unity.

LOL! Oh dear... it was both tragic and funny seeing him trying to teach these epiphanies to his 'siblings' too. They were really reluctant about catching on. Actually, I think I sensed that all of them were *yearning* for the kind of family bond that Dark-Leo was pressing them for... but they couldn't make themselves believe it was *possible*.

he! Not until the end where Dark-Leo got himself hurt defending a brother... and they realized that loyalty, trust and faith in each other was not *completely* outside the realm of the impossible... especially if they have a common goal (and a common enemy) driving them forward.

I LOVED that final revelation where they realized that it wasn't those Ninja Turtles that were their true enemy... but their 'father' and master, Darius. It felt so SATISFYING to see them reach that final conclusion, and finally agree to work together to free themselves.

And I have no doubt that they WILL be able to free themselves... now that they've managed to focus on the correct obstacle in their lives.

You made it clear that these Dark-Turtles were brutal, vicious and even monstrous in MANY ways... but you still managed to make me sympathize with the poor guys... and hope that they WILL be able to find freedom eventually. And perhaps a sense of peace and fulfillment too?

Wonderful story! I loved it! I look forward to your future fics.
Elsiah chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
At this point I'm just in awe. You've done a phenomenal job with this. I always thought that Fast Forward had potential it would never realize. That's still the truth in regards to the show, but not here. This piece soars far above my expectations. The interactions among them all, the ingrained memories and emotions, the fact that they share more than just genes with the TMNT. I'll never look at the Dark Turtles the same way again.

I applaud you. Excellent, excellent work.

Elsie
lovova chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
...I'm looking at the status word, and it says 'Complete', but this does not look 'Complete' to me. This looks like you're determined to tease me, to leave me wondering what the heck happened next!

Unless something -did- happen, like on the show or something. I've never watched Fast Forward, so I wouldn't know ;_;

Oh well, it was a good story anyway. Good job.
Crabapplered chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
It's hard for me to ignore the horror FF evokes in my soul, but I have to say you've managed to scrap what few glimmers of interesting plot it had and patch them together into a really neat little fic.

I like the pacing, I like the writing. I like how Clone-Leo is a distorted echo who knows he's all messed up but can't stop himself from trying to find SOMETHING anyways. I love the fact that they don't even have names, even to each other. And I like the fact that they eventually do all pull together, but it's for fittingly twisted reasons like hate and fear. XD Whoo. Good job~

(I still hate FF, though. 8D )
Alonein-Darkness7 chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Oh this was wonderful! It's great to see that the Dark Clones are finally starting to band together, even if it's only because they all have an enemy that they're aiming for. I really love the way you write Dark Leo, all the observations and detail that you put into these tales; it's very fitting!
lost-katana chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love these tales you weave for the Dark Turtles. They're kept so in character the entire time, yet we get to see the precise darker tones that FF cannot reveal.

The way they interact with one another is so brilliant. They lack the togetherness that their tissue donors share, yet they function in many ways like them despite it all. I'd add an 'especially (insert character here)', but the truth is that they all performed exactly as they should.

I'm thrilled to see what happens after this point! Though I shall await patiently, of course. :)
KameTerra chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Love love love love love! I hardly know what else to say-all I can do is blather aimlessly for a second! This is wonderful, insightful, and realistic. The way you illustrate the glimpses they have of the turtles' lives through something almost like memory, just beyond their reach, is perfect. Just enough to make them wonder, never enough to allow them to understand. These Dark Turtles are selfish and ruthless, and yet the pathos you evoke is very real. I WANT them to succeed. I WANT them to break free, kill Dunn, take revenge. But clearly, even that won't be a happy ending (I suspect). Because these aren't the turtles, and it seems they can never be like them. But you make me wish they could be anyway.

Fascinating and riveting. *foams* WANTZ MORE!

KameTerra