Reviews for The Path We Walk
Necrogenesis chapter 6 . 2/4/2014
I've never really understood people who hate Sasuke. His single mistake was never wondering or asking "why did he do it?". Reflection cannot take place where hate and anger dominate. This brings me back to my confusion. I have never read from, heard from, or spoken to someone who hated Sasuke...that was not exactly the same as him.

You cannot hate Sasuke and prove this to be anything but true.

Sasuke personifies 'kill/hate what you can't accept'
People who hate Sasuke can't accept the choices he made to resolve his issues.

Which means...
There is a 99.999999999999% chance that if you hate Sasuke, you would do the same thing in a similar setting and situation.
TimeShifter chapter 45 . 1/26/2013
Wow, where to start? I'm confused by both who Mizukura's men found (I wasn't able to figure it out), and how someone as apparently powerful as Gayt serves Kanaeru. It would logically follow that she would have to be stronger than him, but that's clearly not the case or she could go toe-to-toe with Madara. I'm even more curious now what a kousotsu is, and why they serve the Uzumaki, but Gayt is apparently familiar with the flames of hell, so perhaps they are spirits or demons summoned to this realm and tied into a suit of armor (similar to Alphonse of FMA). That would explain Star needing to brave hell for him (having to leave it to reunite with him). Or else that's a reference to some time Gayt and Star went to hell; I admit, I do not know.

Props to Tenten for figuring out Zetsu's trick. This raises the question of what Zetsu did with Neji. Perhaps Madara will receive Neji, rather than Hanabi? You have me wondering once again what Sasuke is working towards. Is he putting Hanabi through a high school dream sequence? He does refer to her as "backup," making me think this is part of whatever plan he has involving Naruto and Hinata. Have I told you yet how I eager I am to FINALLY find out what his plan is? I've been following you for years, and it all started with that question; what the hell is Sasuke doing?

As always (and I will continue to always say it), awesome chapter, and thank you so much for continuing to write this story. Happy new year!
TimeShifter chapter 44 . 9/16/2012
Final arc?! Current book, as in "there will be more?!" You know how to keep me excited! Of course, we haven't seen exactly how Suigetsu captured that girl, who I assume is Hanabi (I don't believe it's specifically said). And rather than resolve points, you're bringing in other villains? How many books are you planning on?

The next arc will be the interaction between the Earth daimyo's daughter and Naruto, Team Ebisu capturing Kaede, Kisame's battle, whatever happens between Gayt and Madara, and Tenten and Neji continuing to protect Momiji. But that still leaves Naruto needing to learn things from his clan, Madara to get his new subordinates, whatever Sasuke is up to, and some massive battle where those subordinates, and hopefully Madara and the doctor, die. That's a heck of a whole lot!

I was confused by Tsunade's part in this chapter. Did she somehow teleport them out of the village? And why would the ANBU be so reluctant to accept a possible explanation for how civilians are dying around them? I enjoyed Madara portion, and the runner is an interesting addition, but I didn't care too much about One Tree. It made sense, I just found myself uncaring about the truth behind the mission. It was good to read, but the aftermath was uninteresting. But I am curious what the doctor will do with the aukasou.

As ever, it's great to see more from you, and I'm eager to see what you have planned for the final arc!
TimeShifter chapter 43 . 5/29/2012
Hey, sorry to hear about all that. I won't ask questions or anything, just remind you to be thankful for what you still have.

I enjoyed the chapter, though I don't know if I believe that Junichi is actually dead. Either way, there are more important issues at hand, like the potential betrayal at the end of the chapter, and Hawk's near-inevitable capture of Hanabi. Even if Hiashi beats Suigetsu, Sasuke is there as well. He's going to need some help (*cough*Gaara*cough*) to stand a chance of keeping his daughter safe.
Zelaz chapter 2 . 5/27/2012
An OC who everyone trusts instantly who is somehow an Uzumaki that survives, and EVERYONE knows and respects her -Goodbye.
TimeShifter chapter 42 . 6/21/2011
Glad you added a year; that would've been an awful loophole. I'll admit I'd forgotten about this story in your absence, and your ability to predict things in the manga. It's finally revealed that the Uzumaki were the prior Jinchuuriki, which you wrote, what, a year ago? Anyway, loved the fight scenes, particularly Team Ebisu and I'm interested in how Kaede's apparent body-switching works.

You added a bit to almost every scene going on, except the attempted capture of Hanabi. I want to know who the two new people are! I am glad to see Naruto's mission coming to a close, which makes me think that the arc is near completion. The only thing I don't necessarily see going the protagonists' way is the move to capture Shion. Who knows if Tenten will be able to keep her safe?

As I always say, I'm glad to see you writing again, and I'll be eagerly awaiting the next step in your awesome story of manga premonitions and brilliant OCs.
TimeShifter chapter 41 . 1/31/2011
Sorry for the lack of reviews. Life has been busy recently. As always, you know I'm glad to see more of this story. I'm hoping Kaede gets destroyed, if only because the whole of Konoha should hopefully be able to defeat one man, but he's been built up too much by this chapter, so I doubt it. My hope is that he's after Momiji, who isn't even in the village, so he'll retreat eventually. I'm also eager to see Naruto and co. get out of this particular mission and move on. There's plenty of Uzumaki clan history we have yet to learn, and he isn't preparing for his eventual confrontation with Akatsuki at the moment. And that doesn't even touch on Neji's disappearance!

Anyways, thanks as usual for keeping me entertained!
MissWorded chapter 38 . 7/18/2010
Wowza. After finishing your last posted chapter I felt like I had put down my favorite epic and forgotten where it was! I'll admit it - I'm hooked. It is, in few short words, my ideal fanfic; slowly developing all of the characters and relationships while not becoming a chore to read. The style of writing is not simplified, and yet not overly pretentious either, but instead it's the golden medium. Very engaging.

Basically I love it. The way your story is written and plays out is the same way I want to be able to write. I am so sorry that its not getting the recognition it deserves. Now I can only wait for the next installment. And congratulations on the two-year mark of its publication!

-MissWorded
TimeShifter chapter 38 . 7/11/2010
Important things first; congrats on your Bachelors! I feel like you've been working on that since the beginning of this story (I'm too lazy to check), so that's very impressive. Hopefully I'll be graduating at the end of next year. Do you have any idea what you want to do now?

Moving to the story...If I remember correctly, Kanaeru stated earlier that Naruto had been, as a baby, promised to the daughter of the Earth lord. Was that to make up for Kushina marrying Minato? I'm curious how Earth will feel about losing an Uzumaki heir to a citizen of Konoha twice now. Also, I'm curious about Momiji's relation to the Uzumaki, and the clan that she came from. I'm guessing a schism occurred at some point between the two. Of course, Naruto's question "heir to what?" does cover my question about the Uzumaki clan history, so of course you had Kanaeru avoid it...Next time, I guess.

As to the mission, I don't quite see the significance of it yet, but I'm guessing that will be revealed soon. I do agree that the initial scene was a little odd, probably from Taketo. He just seemed...off. Like his grandson being there meant nothing at all; no happy reunion, no contempt, just...nothing. Then again, it wasn't really bad. Maybe it's that the Konoha group had some food and rest ther, but we saw nothing of any interactions with the people living there?

I've got nothing for twin names, if only because I don't know anything about their personalities. I will agree that, as I read the last two chapters of Naruto, I thought of you and your story. It's absurd how much of the recent plot you predicted through your writing, but in a way that isn't difficult to read without laughing. I've enjoyed the "Kushina history" part, but by and large I'd rather read your story than the manga.

It's wonderful to see you writing this again, congratulations once more on graduating, and I look forward to seeing more from you!
OmegaDL50 chapter 12 . 7/9/2010
By the time Naruto learned the elemental chakra manipulation in Manga he could already do the standard Rasengan with a single hand without requiring the assistance of a Kage Bunshin.

Since you've did this part in your story already, then shouldn't this also reflect in Naruto's natural progression of skill, unless you are intentionally making Naruto look weaker then he is.

I'm enjoying this story so far, but I figure to point out this inconsistency shown in this chapter since it contrasts against Naruto's actual skill level by the time he learned how to use his elemental nature.
The God of None chapter 38 . 7/5/2010
Congratulations on your Summa Cum Laude, I recently earned mine as well. Great chapter!
hinata-fan2 chapter 37 . 3/25/2010
i really like it :)
TimeShifter chapter 37 . 1/27/2010
Good to see you writing again, and Naruto's "Gai theory" is a sound one. As to the chapter, I enjoyed it, though the Mizukage/Naruto interaction felt forced and awkward. They were just there, and Naruto didn't need to do much for her to like him and introduce herself. Otherwise, it was good. On to questions! What creatures are sealed in Kira Bii? In an earlier chapter Madara said it was a different eight-tailed demon. Where is Gayt from? What is Madara planning in Void? And finally, where are our heroes headed?

I'm glad you had a good December!
RasenShuriken92 chapter 37 . 1/27/2010
great chap :D
Animus of Masada chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Very cool story, I look forward to reading it in full.