Reviews for The Path We Walk
TimeShifter chapter 22 . 5/12/2009
Wow, you got right into the action there! Hinata, Neji, Hiashi, and Hanabi and perhaps a few other Hyuuga out of the compound at the time are all that remain of the last remaining large clan of the three great doujutsu. Now all three are endangered, though soon the Rinnegan will die out, and when Sasuke dies and Naruto and Hinata's family is the only one possessing the Sharingan (I don't forsee Kakashi having kids now), the people possessing the Sharingan will NOT be the Uchiha clan Sasuke wants them to be. Anyway...

I imagine you'll have Naruto's fight with Pein follow the manga somewhat loosely, since the invasion is kind of similar. I'm guessing Pein will either tell Naruto what he did to the Hyuuga compound or Hinata will arrive and be attacked directly, providing her with a chance to say something to further their relationship. Either way, that'll push Naruto to use the Kyuubi's power, etc. etc., and then he finally gets to meet his dad! Then, later, this gives Kanaeru a reason to have to fix the seal. Of course, you could also have something new and exciting planned; I'm just thinking of how what happened in canon could help your own plotline progress.

My big concern is what you're going to have Danzo do during the invasion (and, actually, I'm worried about that in canon as well). I like how Danzo didn't bother hiding in his murder of Hitohana that he isn't using his main hand and that a katana was the weapon used. The ANBU have to assume that the killer was skilled and left those "clues" to throw them off, and I'm sure Danzo knew that would be their way of thinking. Man, I can't wait until you kill him off, and, more importantly, when Kishimoto does. Still, when he does it, it probably won't be as epic as I want it.

Ideally, he'll die one of two ways. One, by Naruto or Tsunade's hand in front of a crowd of villagers after they denounce him for all the damage he's done to the village. He dies a traitor, and Tsunade/Naruto tells him that he'll go down in history books forever as a traitor, which I'm sure will be a blow to him. Or, one of those two kills him in secret, right after telling him that no one will ever care about his death and disappearance because the entire village hates what he represents. Again, I'm off on a tangent.

Amazing buildup to what I imagine will be an incredible chapter 21; I'm eager to see how your characters will respond to this threat.
samueltm2 chapter 21 . 4/29/2009
I will say nice story so far,I really like this it up.
TimeShifter chapter 21 . 4/28/2009
Wow. We finally learn the reason's for Sasuke's actions in School Daze, but now I want to know why Naruto possesses this genetic ability. Is it due to what Itachi left in him when they met (in the manga, when Naruto finds him in the woods on his search for Sasuke)? Granted, you wrote School Daze before we knew about that, but it could be worked in. Considering his father was Yondaime and his mother from Whirlpool, I'm wondering from which of them he could have received these genetics, if it is from his parents. Also, will Sasuke be able to continue the Sharingan with Karin? And is the continuation of his clan the only reason he's keeping Naruto alive?

Moving on, I hate your Danzo more than in any other fanfiction. He's a bastard and will undoubtedly lead to the downfall of Konoha. But it seems strange that he would call himself a war hawk; that name has never carried positive implications, and I would think he believes what he's doing is right for the village.

I don't understand how no one else noticed all of the chakra and attacks in the middle of the village, and how Danzo is so strong. I don't understand the symbol Hitohana drew on Danzo's chest, nor do I get if the symbol was real or not. It seemed to be caused by the genjustu, but I don't understand why he did it. Also, why would Danzo want that message to be passed on? Now everyone knows he's a traitor, and it's not like if the Raikage declared such a thing, Tsunade would act in defense of the single greatest internal threat to her village. And how was Danzo in two places at once? A powerful genjutsu over his ANBU guards, or an ability like Pain's perhaps? In short, I'm confused.

How soon until Naruto's training is done, and why is his return to orange clothing relevant? Once again I'm left with questions, although you did answer the big one about Sasuke. Sigh...I guess I'll wait another two weeks. Awesome chapter; see you next time!
samueltm2 chapter 20 . 4/21/2009
Great chapter.I like Naruto's progress so far and I hope you make him a lot stronger than in the 't wait for the next update.
Fritter chapter 20 . 4/6/2009
So you changed your mind about the child actually being Narutos?
TimeShifter chapter 20 . 4/6/2009
So I was correct that Madara was the one who gave Yumiko that book. I assume he doesn't know which children she passed the secret on to, which is why he wants them all dead. The question then becomes who Madara's spy is. I'm also curious who Momiji's "protectors" and "uncle" are, and just what demon she has sealed inside of her. It apparently gives her the ability to talk to animals and sense people's intentions, and a bit of extra chakra, but to what extent do those powers go, and can she do anything else?

What does Madara's spy plan to do to stop Hitohana and Tsunade, and how will Naruto continue his training? And, of course, just when will we see Kanaeru's plan come to fruition? We learned more about her seal, and Gayt's backstory, but I still want to see just what Minato's seal exactly did, and what Kanaeru's will do. Enjoy your Easter, and we'll see you a little later.
samueltm2 chapter 19 . 4/1/2009
A very interesting for the late review.I like Naruto's progress so far,and rikka's behaviour.I wonder what will happen when naruto returns his seal will be completed,and there is shion,momiji,rikka ad hinata to deal keep up the good work and update soon.
TimeShifter chapter 19 . 3/30/2009
I'm curious what Naruto's come up with, and what Kumo's plan was, but I'm sure we'll learn of the latter next chapter. What's really bugging me is who killed Basuto and Yumiko, though I'm betting it was whoever gave her that book on immortality; probably Madara, or perhaps Zetsu, who'd have an easier time sneaking in. Also, I wonder who Hawk is (I'm banking on Neji), and more than anything, I want to see what happens when Kanaeru gives Naruto the second seal and he combines the two. At that point, I imagine he'll FINALLY learn of his parentage. Great job building everything up this chapter; I'll be looking forward to answers now. See you next time!
J'aime Manga chapter 19 . 3/27/2009
I read the first two arcs in series without stopping to review because I was so into the story. You write very well and I don't find myself getting bored in any part of it because you balance out your action scenes with background information. I have marked both stories as favorites and I'm sure that I will be re-reading them many times even though they are long. Your battle sequences are thrilling and detailed. I don't have any trouble picturing what is happeni
samueltm2 chapter 18 . 3/9/2009
I hope it keeps going. This is really good.
TimeShifter chapter 18 . 3/9/2009
You did indeed surprise me, and I enjoyed Hitohana's character, and how Hanabi's learning to make friends and (hopefully eventually) show some emotion. I'm hoping Naruto will return to Konoha at the end of this chapter, and that Kanaeru will have decided on a course of action in relation to Naruto's seal. Speaking of, I'd like to know a little more about that omiai with Earth-sama (like when it was made, who made it, were Kushina and Minato involved, etc), and when Naruto's going to learn about his mother and her clan (and hopefully his father). Other than that, another excellent update brought to us, and I thank you for it!
TimeShifter chapter 17 . 3/1/2009
When Hinata was thinking about Kinofuji's chakra nature, she thinks "he naturally opposes her;" should that say "me" instead? Then a sentence ends with "capable of molding chakra, Mizukura," which is weird. Then "There’s no way this brat can figure out what my jutsu," which should probably end with "does." There's "brining" instead of "bringing," "on message" instead of "one message," and "what might happen if the naïve blond might do" is confusing. Tsutsuji "was thrown several clear," so "feet" would probably work, and "land on her feet; though, she skidded" should probably be "land on her feet, though she skidded." "Those traditions, however, could hold a candle" needs a "not," and "the wills’ opponent" seems backwards. I'll stop there, but another read-through might be beneficial.

Why would Naruto know about Kyuubi keeping them from merging if he's still trying to do the balancing portion? I'm interested in why Naruto can "sense" that something is wrong with Hinata, and if it's in any way related to Kanaeru's ability to read surface thoughts. I really hope those two Kumo-nin don't capture Hinata; that just happened, and I don't want her to become the cliche damsel-in-distress being given to her enemies' sons. That said, I'm curious how the Raikage will react to their presence in Fire Country and their attack on a Hyuuga. Besides those things and Hinata's possible newfound friendship, I'm all set with review comments, so I'll see you in another two weeks!
samueltm2 chapter 17 . 2/25/2009
I like how the story is coming so far, keep up the great work. I can't wait for the next chapter!
samueltm2 chapter 16 . 2/24/2009
Nice.I wonder what will happen to Naruto when he bad for forward for the next chapter.
samueltm2 chapter 15 . 2/24/2009