Reviews for Pomp & Circumstances
302pilot chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
So many great lines and such great banter! I loved the orange juice comment and the way the judge 'got him' so easily with the middle name thing.

"You're a donkey"

"So I've been told". That about sums it up!

Love it!
Tharin chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
I enjoyed this story very much. You gave us some interesting details about Mark's youth, and I loved how the Judge pranked him at the end.

PS: Did they ever told us what the "C" stood for, anyway?
cheride chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Hah. I'm with GWC/LML; I fully expected a lecture on belittling a fine, upstanding name like Clayton Moore. But the whole middle name bit cracked me up. And trust HC to use it to put a scare into the kid, but still not give up the truth. Typical.

Mostly, though, I like the way this bit of revelation just spun out of the day's ordinary happenings, and the idea that HC was curious about what makes his sidekick tick.

Thanks.
The Gull's-Way Collective chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
It just occurred to me, and only on the third read, that there's also Clayton Moore-who made his fame portraying the Lone Ranger. Was that part of why the meatball got jabbed?

LML
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
The Judge and Mark were in a deep discussion of Mark's past and while it it Milt later finds out Mark's old girlfriend Cindy dumped Mark for Clayton Pasternak.

I thought that was so funny when Mark was going on and on about Clayton Pasternak and how he hated that name and the judges reaction to it and then after sometime Mark to thinking Milton C. of stood for Clayton and Mark was sitting there Making fun of all long Milt was making fun at him and got McCormick back good for Mark think he was making fun at the judges middle name.

That was truly very funny.

I also liked the way how Judge Hardcastle was so concerned about Mark's education and weather he graduated or not or how he graduated.

Milt still wants him even now to get the best education that he can possibly get.

JeanneZ84
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
I may never drink orange juice with pulp again.;-)

I liked how you took the road less traveled-Mark missing his graduation was an annoyance (and only because of where he wound up, instead), not a source of angst.

That's our guy, drinking from the finger bowls and the juice jugs of life pretty indiscriminately, while ordering his steak tartar well done and scoffing at Izod in anything but basic black (which is at least a *useful* color). He may occasionally lapse into an episode of French cuffs, but he's back washing the car by the closing credits.

Both a good character study and a clever take on the challenge of McC's timeline.
owlcroft chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Well done! I really liked the orange juice scene and the cucmber conversation. It was also nice to see you trying to reconcile some of the inconsistencies in McCormick's back story. But the middle initial part was the one that really stands out for me. Very nicely done, indeed!
smithcrafter chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Interesting conversation between Milt and Mark. GREAT ending!