Reviews for That Place By Me
HollyShannenForever chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Sounds good!
BEZS chapter 3 . 2/20/2011
Just read this story, great beginning and so nice to explore some background for Esme.

Can't wait for the next chapter to arrive, when will it be are you still writing it?
Phoenix Fanatic chapter 3 . 6/27/2009
This is a great story - I really liked how you put historical notes at the bottom. They give a nice background to the story.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 3 . 1/31/2009
This is a great fic. There aren't enough Carlisle/Esme fics out there and this one is really well written and very interesting! Keep up the great work!
SnowLion no Miko chapter 3 . 1/14/2009
What a great CE fic you have got going! This pairing has just recently become one of my very favorites in the fandom and you are doing a great job with this. I love how you're writing it and everything is flowing very nicely. Keep up the great work! _
Angeliss chapter 3 . 1/8/2009
You know, I love your historical notes almost as much as I love the rest of your writing. The research you do really brings the piece to life.

I really have to agree with BabelFish42, as well- your writing has dramatically improved. I wasn't sure it could, but it did.

Right now, I see very little as to how this story can connect to the one I know, and I'm curious to see how you tie them together... XD

The growing relationships between her family members and the new characters at the school you've introduced... Those are interesting, and very much bringing this piece together, bringing history to people- history that is more than a dusty book.

Can't wait for your next chapter!
Maelys chapter 3 . 1/7/2009
Great story. Esme's character is very interesting.

The historical background is very well done (I'm thrilled by it!). The notes are usefull and very informative.

The characters are well developed and have substance.

I just came back from Ohio and it's nice to see the setting in Colombus! If I remember well, it's there that there is a german neighbourhood?
BabelFish42 chapter 3 . 1/1/2009
Yay! You're back! Congrats on surviving your first semester!

In my humble opinion, your writing is even better than it was before. (Did you take some literature/creative writing classes by any chance?) Seriously. I am very impressed. It takes talent to tell a good story in our modern dialect. But it takes a whole different level of skill to tell a good story using the prose of an earlier century. And you are doing just that. Your narrative reads like an eighteenth century novel.

I like the characters you're building too: Esme and her family, and now the other girls at the academy. And I have to point this out:

"I shall call you Marguerite."

Haha, I /loved/ that line! It was perfect. Great comeback, yet still completely in character.

So, next update is Wednesday, huh? That's the day I go back to school :-/ But now I have something to look forward to at least :-)I can't wait to see where you're going with this, and I'm relieved to know you haven't abandoned it. Please keep writing!

-Rachel
tragixlove chapter 3 . 12/29/2008
Ah. This was a lovely chapter, and I'm particularly thrilled that you updated.

Remember- you are perhaps one of the VERY few historical fiction authors I enjoy. That's a huge compliment. You capture the essence of reality, if that makes sense.

Can't wait for Wednesday's update!
clumsy23 chapter 3 . 12/29/2008
really good! :)
Mistflyer1102 chapter 3 . 12/29/2008
hi!

I hope you had a fun time on your vacation in Toronto.

Chapter is awesome, and one of the things that caught my attention was the transition between the peaceful town of Esme's home to the bustling environment of Columbus. I have a feeling that Marguerite is going to be a problem for Esme in the future... and I am also wondering whether Esme's experience at Miss Langton's Academy is going to have some impact on her future. The passages about the academy, Elliston Avenue, and Marguerite actually reminded me of the movie 'A Little Princess' a bit. Have you seen it? It's just what I thought of while reading.

Happy New Year!
xxtwilight chapter 3 . 12/28/2008
This is great! Truly, excellent writing. Yours is the best I've seen on the site. You have refreshingly accurate character insight as well.

The only suggestion I could make, at this point, (and I do feel a little guilty saying this, as your story is perhaps the best I have ever read on this site) would be to - how can I put this delicately? - hurry the story along, maybe by just a tad. ] As wonderful as the historic, descriptive passages of Columbus and the academy are, at some parts of the story I feel like Esme isn't really Esme from Twilight, and that Esme's life isn't really her life, but the life and story of another character that you created. Which is completely great - don't get me wrong. Only I miss reading about Esme and Carlisle's story... and I hope they meet soon, because there is a lot of ground to cover between their first and second meetings. ]

And who doesn't want to read about Charles? xD
wiltedviolets chapter 3 . 12/28/2008
Beautiful, though a bit short. You never cease to amaze me with how well you have immersed the story into the world of the early 1900s to the point where it ceases feeling like a Twilight fanfiction and more like an actual novel. I love your notes at the end, as well. The pacing of the story is nearly perfect, if only the chapters were a bit longer or there was less time between. *sigh*

I love the world you have created and the detail you've put into Esme's life. It's refreshing to find fanfiction like yours. I can't wait to read the next chapter.
Juliejuliejulie chapter 3 . 12/28/2008
I really like the way you wrote Esme preparing to leave the farm, trying to memorize everything she loved.

I love your writing style-and the historical information you share in the footnotes. I can't wait to read the next chapters.

Yay!
XandallthatjazzX chapter 3 . 12/28/2008
brilliant as always I can't wait to read more. Happy holidays :)
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »