Reviews for Half Life
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
That was awesome, perfect, you got it spot on!

The Shtriga attack on Sammy and John's knee jerk reaction when he entered the motel room would have had a lasting impact on Dean and shaped even more his protective role of his brother. Even at such a young age Dean felt the guilt of letting Sammy and his father down and shut down verbally just like he did when their mum died. Loved that when he ran into the woods and thought things through he realised that the one thing he hadn't done was talk to his little brother! Sammy liked listening to Dean as much as he liked talking himself! And all it took was his voice to get Sammy to respond as he normally does!

Great that when John returned things were okay between him and Dean and loved that he let them have a proper childhood moment playing in the barn before leaving on the next hunt!

Great writing, brilliant idea, loved it!
RhianaStar chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Loved it from beginning to end...fits right in with original story...filled in the gap...look forward to reading more of your stories...
Trish62 chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Nice story, I don't think I've ever read anything from after the Striga attack. I love Wee-chester stories and this was a nice treat!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
So sweet! I really like this take on both boys, Sam brimming with life, Dean older than his years, patient and pained but lifted up by Sam. I esp. loved that Dean retreated into silence as he did when his mom died; it seems to be his reaction to loss and really fit here, but so did his voice bringing Sam back. And I like that John wasn't a total monster, either, despite the burden he placed on Dean. Nice balances.
Nessie chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
A wonderful written story.

It was so cute that Dean didnt want to leave Sammy side not even for a little bit.

Oh and Sam...he is such a sweet little boy...and after he got over the attack so full of energy!

Amazing story. Like always!
BlueEyedDemonLiz chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
I love your llama moments - this is a great story and I really enjoyed it. Thanks so much for sharing. Liz x
lelann37 chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
i love the story!
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Oh I love this story. Love love love it. Have I mentioned how much I love it? This moment is absolutely perfect in every way

Sammy blinked slowly and turned his head to look around the room. His hazel eyes settled on Dean and a wide smile broke his face and deepened the dimples on his cheeks. Sammy turned on his side and rested his forehead on Dean’s chest. One hand fingered the buttons on Dean’s flannel shirt and the other curled up under Sammy’s head.

“Dean,” Sammy said, his voice soft and breathy from so many hours of sleep. Dean heard the need in Sammy’s voice and he responded.

He curled a hand around Sammy’s shoulders and rested his head on top of his brother’s. “Shshshsh, Sammy, I’m here.”

It simply doesn't get any better than that!

Five beautiful, freshly waxed, lovingly detailed utterly perfect in every way Impalas with a brand new "Classic Rock Box Set" and a Five pound bag of M&Ms
Ash8 chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Wonderful! Wonderful. So much love for this. You nailed the way this could have happened so perfectly. But for me this:

"This lesson that you’re teaching him, he’s not old enough for that kind of burden.”

John’s nodded and his brown eyes reflected regret, but his words came out firm and unwavering. “He has to be.” "

is was it was all about. So true and perfect.

Awesome job!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Oh! *Sniffle* That's just how I would imagine Dean would have been after the Shtriga - even if Sam hadn't been catatonic. I like how you had Pastor Jim picking up on what was going on in Dean's head - how John was maybe expecting too much from him or putting too much responsibility onto him at such a young age, but Dean could only see that this was what he needed to do to help his dad keep them safe. Kinda tragic really. Oh and your Kiddie!Sammy was adorable!
Lilwazzabug chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Precious til the very end. I love Wee!Fics. They always make me feel all warm and fuzzy:D
kokoda2007 chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
I'm in awe of the number of excellent stories you're writing!

This fic was just so cute - and i think that incident with the shtriga attack really had an impact of how seriously Dean takes his role as Sam's protector. How you wrote Dean dealing with the aftermath made me ache for the poor kid. To me its always seemed so sad how John made Dean take on so much responsibility and you conveyed this beautifully.

Thanks, as always, for writing and sharing!
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
awesome.
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
This made me want to pick up Dean and cuddle him. I'd probbly get a bloody nose for my trouble, but still. He broke just broke my heart with his silent suffering.

Even though it had a happy ending you left me rather depressed. And mad at John.

Write something fluffy and sugary next? :)
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
What a wonderful follow on, exploring the effects of the boys initial encounter with the Shtriga with such intense emotion. You explored the pain bottled up inside of Dean with such clarity whilst having a clearly concerned Pastor Jim attempting to draw him away from the inner war of guilt raging inside of him. His love for him, for both boys, was clear and also just how much respect he has for older Winchester boy. An act that Dean could appreciate in the end, that he held some value that few credited him with. Yep, most definitely this was a joy to read from start to finish... thank you so much for letting them darn muses sitting on your shoulder have full reign here!
47 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »