Reviews for Half Life
Chiiyo86 chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Oh, Dean! It was heartbreaking, really. The Dean not talking was nice - a call to Dean silence after his mom's death - and that it is because he's finally speaking that Sam is brought back to life was beautiful. And Pastor Jim was cool!

I'm not a big fan of wee!chester fic in general, but you wrote it, so... (I'v read everything you've written, but never commented... But I've taken good resolutions, and now that my own fanfic are on , I understand better the importance of review...).

Anyway, it was lovely, thank you very much!
charis-kalos chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
I love this, and especially your Pastor Jim - doing his best, and learning to respect the particular Winchester bond. And while he was wrong about trying to force Dean to take a break from Sammy-watching, I think he was right about John. John Winchester was one obsessed man - and yet with all his failings I adore him.
banana4dean chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Aw, thank you so much trasan :) *Hug* Thank you for remembering my request. I've been so busy lately, and just now starting to check on fanfiction again. I'm so glad I did it, because I would hate to miss this wonderful story.

You have such a lovely way of describing the boys - so sweet. Your writing is beautiful, and absorbing from beginning to end.
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Cool story.

The striga as affected both boys, in so many ways...

Love your story and Jim's presence in it. :)
carocali chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
I'm so glad you decided to write this. Of course there'd be some kind of fallout from the striga attack. Sam never got any of that essence back since the thing continued to breathe. I wonder if he felt it return when they did it in in Fitchberg?

Watching Dean go through his first true failure with his brother was absolutely heartbreaking! And damn that John for making all the responsibility his. Dean, first and foremost, was a kid, and kids make mistakes. Shame on John for leaving them alone.

I love the way you write Jim. He's kind but still has a stern hand if he needs it. He thinks he's doing Dean a favor by locking him out of Sam's room, but comes to realize that these boys are everything to each other, and taking one away does damage to the other. Really well done!

I guess I didn't realize how much I needed this little tag until i read it. It was perfect! Thanks for letting the muse come out and play!

:D
pizzapixie chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Once again you've filled in a vital missing piece of their lives. Thank you so much. Your views on Dean,John, Pastor Jim and Sammy, their interaction and reactions are absolutely canon.
LILY chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
THAT WAS SO CUTE.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
This is great! I've often thought of poor little Dean after that event. I think about what that boy must have gone through. Adult Dean's description during that ep just broke my heart.

John seemed a little more forgiving in your fic than Dean described. It was probably Dean's penchant for guilt that made it seem like his dad looked at him differently. I like to think so. I liked John. Jerk that he could be. :-)

I really enjoyed this, hun. Thanks for writing it.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
wow...when you say this story just came to you your not kidding! I really liked this one alot... something wicked was my favorite episode for season 1 and i can't get enough stories about it. I really like the way you wrote Jim too... great job
happycabbage75 chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Holy cow. I nearly died when Pastor Jim locked that door...

Excellent.
RavenMerc chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Wonderful tag fic. Poor dean, not wanting Paster Jim to know what had happened and then not understanding why Jim wasn't condemning him as well.

This was a very snuffly fic (which is good, I'm an angst puppy) and I'm now off to look for more of your fics.

Keep up the good work! :)
Lillehafrue chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Excellent story. I can so see and hear this happening. I wish this had been a real episode! It would so explain Dean's behavior towards his brother. And I love your take on Pastor Jim. Too bad we can't have a whole series of Weechesters...Again, great story!
UKClaire chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Hey, nice story! I love all things Wee!Chester and hadn't, before now, seen a story that covered what happened after the shtriga episode. You really captured how I imagined Dean would have been behaving afterwards. Excellent job!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Completely awesome! I've wondered if there could have been more to it than Dean's lasting guilt and Sam not remembering. This was a perfectly written extension of the show which has taken one of my favorite eps to a whole new level. Thanks for sharing with us.
Phx chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
LOL! You've been holding out on me :P

I gotta admit when Dean wouldn't speak I wanted to smack him and tell him that Sam as probably waiting for the sound of his big brother's voice to pull him back - but I don't hit children so I'll just have to demand a pound of punishment later, lol! Of course I know the best way to Dean is not actually Dean :P

I loved how you wrote John in this. He does love the boys and, yes, he did put a lot on Dean. However I think, in the end, the demands that John made were what truly built the strength that Dean is. And I think it bouyed Dean a lot more than many people like to admit as it attested to just how much John trusted him. Outsiders might have considered it a burden but I think Dean thought of it as a privledge. Not that Dean didn't want to be more son than hunter on occassion, but over all I think a dean without those directives might not have been one we'd love as we do.

And Sammy - kinda missed him as he was pretty much more silent than Dean in the story but loved seeing him so full of life and love at the end. And loved how he turns to Dean for protection and trusts Dean so much. How anyone, pastor included, could think THAT part of John's expectations was bad is beyond me.

So I'm with Dean, Jim's meddling was annoying :P