Reviews for Best Man
rawriloveyou chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Lovely, so sad and I like how you've written Charlie. I've been searching for a fic for ages that shows Charlie's reaction to Bill's scars and it was perfect.
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Wow. I really enjoyed this. You create something awesome with Charlie.
sleepy queens chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Great story. I love Charlie in this :)
WinterLizzy chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Lovely:))
Kou Shun'u chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
i like the talk of percy, charlie's reaction to the scars...and ge all the weasleys did meet fleur before bill did. oh best part was about staying at two diffent places according to hg and hp.
Rita Arabella Black chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
This is brilliant. I can see everything through Charlie's eyes. Thank you for a great story. It is so compassionate. Wow!

Love,

Rita
sophia666 chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
Great writing. I loved your characterisation of Charlie and his POV.
Starkiller chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Your writing is, as per usual, inspirational and an insightful look into a character that has was criminally overlooked in HP. Thoroughly enjoyed it. And I want to thank you, because every time I'm really suffering from writer's block, your stories pull me out of my slump. So much love to you, mate!

Oh, and on a really random note I read a review here by Mary Gooby who mentioned Tam O' Shanter. It's not a hat (lol! XDD), it's a very old Scottish poem by Robert Burns about a man, Tam, who was caught peeking at a ghoul's party in the haunted Auld Kirk on Halloween, and is subsequently chased by a crowd of demons/witches etc. over the Brigadoon. I find it creepy that she mentioned it because I live in the town it supposedly happened (and I go to the Auld Kirk every Halloween, mwahah!). Ah small world D
mackgirl chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
I finally got some time to read this, and I loved it. I laughed and I felt sad, but I just love your Charlie. I espicially loved all his snide remarks to himself about things he's thinking about. And I could totally see Charlie having to tone down his best man speech. hehe great job.
Mary Gooby chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Eek. I feel bad for Bill.

Anyway, this was awesome, beautiful, captivating, definitely-the-best, ebulient, fabulous, great, heredical (I made that up), illuminating, jurisprudent (there wasn't even a definition), karmaful (good karma), lovely (a normal word!), marvelous, not-notorious (I'm so orginal), optimistic (kind of), pencil-working-hard (unless you typed this), queenly (I could have picked queer, but it wasn't), radical, succulent, Tam o' Shanter (I only glanced at the def., it was something about a Scottish hat), u-are-really-good-at-writing, venturous, wonderful, xenophobic (we're talking about Molly here), yes-I-am-using-a-dictionary, and zealous.

I LOVE YOUR FICS!
Kore-of-Myth chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
I really enjoyed this piece. Great job, Katy.

I have to say my favorite part was Charlie musing on Fleur. It always seemed to me that Charlie could have had a crush on Fleur 'cause he met her then a few times...

Keep Writing!
Avindara Nirvene chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Oh dear, I haven't caught up with your other two chapter fics! *sighs*

This is brilliant, I actually felt like it was Charlie - so very realistic and awesome. :)

love, anie.
alds87 chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
I have always wondered why Charlie stayed away while his family was in danger- he doesn't seem like a coward, but still.. anyways, great job as usual :) I agree with you about the scarring, unpleasant as the topic is the "tidy surgical mark" story really doesn't gel with canon. Still hurts to think of the poor guy stuck like that :(
MBP chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Oh, Katy... you've absolutely done it again. I wish you'd write SO MUCH MORE in Charlie's voice, but of course, this is also perfect as a one-shot. I love the voice you gave him here with its humor but also its understanding and underlying sensitivity. I love how clearly upset he is about Percy - and how he knows Fred is too. I love how he admits to his own weakness even though he obviously doesn't want to (i.e. Bill's scars). I love how his speech will make Bill's ears go red - how I wish I knew what he was going to say. I loved this. Could you tell?
lyin chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
i normally much prefer 3rd person HP fics to 1st person, but Charlie, the least-developed Weasley, this seems perfect- gets us so fully in his head. Love your Charlie- wanting to be in a room alone w/ Percy (and i liked the twist on the phrase 'landing on their feet' to 'falling on their feet' for Fred n' George- seemed to fit them better. molly stopping the dragons-are-dangerous remarks is one of the best conceived details on her relationship w/ Charlie i've ever read... and the description of bill's scars was, yes, an ouch, but seems to ring true. love Charlie fearing ginny! love the mention of charlie's speech, too. fabulous! :D