Reviews for Desperately
Tranquil Girl chapter 5 . 12/12/2010
God must be so kind for I met an authoress like you.

Without saying, I could feel much dedication contained in your work.

Oh. I really fall in love with your writings.
zainab88 chapter 5 . 12/29/2008
ohh girl,what have you done to me? i cant stop reading your fics,actually im happy to see alot of girls like ROV from USA coz it never reached here..everytime i read your fics,a strange feeling come to my body!and i keep thinkning of it the whole day,so i decided to read them before i sleep,and now i cant sleep,either im crying or i was laughing and want to read more!about this fic,especially the taste,,girl you are killing me,you described the scenes in manga with your own words,,im crying like a baby,i cant help it,im shivering,,its amazing that u understood the charecters very well,well,im obssessed about ROV when i first watched the anime i was 9 years old,and i recently read the manga..oh my ,

“Oscar? Oscar, are you all right?” ( poor andre,he knew she was hiding something from him)

Nobody could love her, could they?((well girl, everybody fall in love with you,men,women,even the kids,so are we !)

With a heavy heart, she sighed and looked at André, trying to put all of her love and all of her feelings into that one look((now,my pillow become completely wet))

Mother! I love you! Father, I love you! Can’t you see how much I love you? Don’t you know? You do know, don’t you? Please, please, please tell me that you know I love you!((im dying here,oh oscar,they all love you))

He had tears in his eyes, and she wanted to kiss them away despite the fact that tears were running down her face, too((oh andre,you are crying,,what a man!i love you too))

Now she was the wife of this handsome, gentle, sensitive, kind, considerate, patient, loving man((thats not enough for .

andre..))

My husband…” she whispered to him, her voice full of awe and hope and contentment((ahh,now i feel my body is melting ))

She smiled at him, content to gaze at what she had been missing her entire life, the final piece to the puzzle that was Oscar François…Grandier((thats the killer line..really she was a puzzle and only andre can solve her)) perfect

He kissed the corner of her mouth and pulled back, his expression one filled with puzzlement and shock((oh my god,this kiss is unbelievable))

Sorry for what, love?” ((i cant read ,no more,i just imagine how he said this line ?))

He was silent for a long moment, but when he did speak, his words were warm. “Do you remember the other day, when you asked me not to leave you?” She nodded against his chest, and he continued. “What was my response?”((i remember that very well )

She hugged him then, throwing her arms around him and burying her face into the crook of his neck, feeling his curly hair brush against her cheek. “Will you…go with me?”((i wanna do that too))

“Oscar, I am your husband… I will follow you wherever you go. I’ll be wherever you are no matter where it (i think now thats what all the wives in the world need to hear from their husbads))

“Because,” he answered, tilting his neck down to claim her lips with his own, “I can almost taste it.”((you are a wonderful man,andre..he know oscar more than she know herself ))

congratulation dear manna for this great great fic..im waiting for more,,and i think i will sleep at work tomorrow hahaha
loulou.k chapter 5 . 10/23/2008
I'm shivering strongly,

Now I get it "Desperately"! I was looking forward to the last sense "Taste", and something inside me knew what will this be all about!

Touching both hearts, seeing both problems, smiling both scent, hearing both breaths, and tasting their….Lips, Desperately , after all their years together, I don't know if I'm right or not, but when I looked at it like that my tears came to my eyes without noticing…their lives flashed in front of me in few moments, I saw them growing up, from their first days together as kids through the teenager years, till they became a man and a woman, a husband and wife, till their both five sense stooped at the same day…..I wouldn't feel that way if your writing/words wasn't so close to my heart, I guess because they came out from deep your heart Manna, that's way I feel " Desperately" for crying, and I don't care about my reputation….I would reread the whole story from the beginning, but no, not now, I can't, I don't dare….

I was putting my hand on my mouth to calm my heart's strikes and to stop the tears from flowing cuz I couldn't see the lines in some parts, and I am not over reacting! I ended up this chapter putting my head between my hands and let my tears downed, trembling…damn it! My hands are still shaking on the keyboard….and to make things worse, I'm listening to the song " How do I live without you" Ah!

(Where was André? She really wanted him, now. She wanted comforting words, a hand on her back, someone to tell her that it would all end soon) see? That what was I talking about….he always there, they always together, for each other.

Ah, you've written the unseeing scenes this time and I LOVE it….it wasn't just a romantic moments or romantic words to say and heard from each other, NO, it was the a real feelings, the thoughts of dying woman fall passionately in love with her childhood friend and wanted to make sure the he knew how much he means to her, just before she die…..and their is no way but one to show that, God! I didn't look at it that way before! I mean the reason why she asked him to be with her that night as his wife…..His wife she said, not her husband! Isn't that just soo swet!

(The tears came again, completely unbidden; nothing could stop them from falling at his unfailing loyalty to her, at the love she knew he had kept inside for his entire life. Love for her…) I think at those lives I started to see my tears!

(A love so big, so expansive that it could not even be contained in the night sky in the same way as the stars) Oh, what a lovely similitude!

Manna! The lines after that was so great, how you but all their twenty years in one paragraphs (They had almost drowned, he had taken her hand, he held her back before she could do something she would regret, he told her she looked beautiful, she tripped in the dress and he smiled sweetly… He helped her home from a bar fight, carrying her all the way by himself, he wore the clothes of the Black Knight, he lost an eye, he smiled and said he was glad it hadn’t been hers, he held her tight and tried to kiss her and shouted his love over and over…) I could see her remembering all those events, I could feel her pain and misery, you really knew which scenes are important to put them in one….breath, one shot! Clever girl.

(He saluted her from the back of a group of men in the barracks that belonged to the French Guards Company B.) Oh,I just love that scene in the anime, when their eyes met for the first time after that mess, he looked so determinate._

(He loved her unconditionally. He loved the little girl who pretended to be a boy, the woman that dressed like a man, the cold distant colonel, the stern commander, and the fragile, sick woman. Now, she was going to die, and he wasn’t blind yet but maybe he would be soon. She would never, ever marry, not unless it was him! She would never marry another because nobody could ever love her like that!) Here you do it again…the whole events in one breath! But this time you mixed the past, present, future, altogether…my own heart almost stopped too, because I read them in one breath * sigh*

(She was afraid! She didn’t know what to expect, didn’t know anything about that sort of thing because she had never been taught, and if she had, she had long ago forgotten about it, thinking she would never need to know.) O.k. among the tears that line…I just found myself giggling, how we all learn things at school /college/life yet to forgot them when we deeply needed them?

(God, God… Please, bless this union between two lost hearts who have finally found one another) we all prayed for them- me at least-after they " two became one"

(… her cheeks red with embarrassment because nobody had ever seen her so exposed and so very female before.“Are you certain this is what you want?”) wha…come on boy!what do need more than this prove?

( “I do, André…” she whispered…..“I do!”) AwW! Just as the wedding vows! _ can I say "I do" two_

(Now she was the wife of this handsome, gentle, sensitive, kind, considerate, patient, loving man) If you said one more word describing him I was about to yel, and again in one breath!

( She smiled at him, content to gaze at what she had been missing her entire life, the final piece to the puzzle that was Oscar François…Grandier) my favorite line._

(“That’s right.” He pulled her away from him and kissed her gently, removing the last trace of blood from her face with his lips before he pulled her back into his arms) Oh My GOD!so you made him knew about her? Of he just kept ignoring or not seeing that fact?

(“Isn’t it usually the other way around?”) Ha! I said that too after his line!

(“Because,” he answered, tilting his neck down to claim her lips with his own, “I can almost taste it.”)Ah Andre! You really tasted the victory! After exhaustion your five senses you….you ….and Oscar…damn! I'm run out of expression!

Oh, one more thing, congratulations my dear Manna for finishing this story, wish you good luck with the rest 'fics…and with your goal, from the bottom of my heart.

Kasia.T chapter 5 . 10/23/2008
Hello Manna,

Again, thank you for your wonderful work. At first, looking at the title and introduction saying that it was about Oscar and Andre as adults, I assumed it could be another story about drinking. So, you really surprised me :-)

I like the way you describe Oscar’s feelings in this piece. I like to see her crying. And it is not because I want her to be hurt, but it’s nice to know she can also be sensitive and emotional. We do not see her like that very often. And the way she doubts being worth Andre’s love – it’s amazing and it makes me feel so sorry for her.

I also like the way you describe their love making by actually not describing it all. Their foreplay is enough to stimulate my imagination. I do not need any spicy details. On contrary, I think that putting too many of them could spoil the purity of Oscar and Andre’s love.

Now, some of my favourite lines:

[Oh, his love was beautiful, far more than anything material.] Oh, I couldn’t agree more. I would give every treasure of this world in exchange for a love like that.

[And oh, the love, the love, the love the love the love…

It had been in his eyes, in his smile, in his hands, in his words, his actions, and in his heart!] Andre’s love has been commented so many times that I just can’t think of anything original right now. I simply love these lines and that’s all.

[Just kissing him, stroking his hair, telling him she loved him…] I don’t know why by the idea of stroking Andre’s hair brought goose-pimples onto my skin :-)

[She was trembling, but he caught her hand and pulled her back to him, holding her against his chest, letting the warmth he had to offer surround her.] More goose-pimples on my skin... Oh, and there appears a blush on my cheeks...

[He kneeled by the bed and took her hand, bringing it to his lips, kissing every one of her shaking fingers. He kissed the back of her hand and stroked her fingers with his thumb, squeezing gently.] I am beginning to melt. And my cheeks are burning...

[He smiled gently and stood, lowering himself over her on the bed, searching in the dark for her lips. When he found them, he pressed his against hers softly, and her heart cried out with joy. This man, why had she been so blind? He cared about her so much… He knew she was nervous, was afraid… And he would go slow and be patient…] I am melting...

[“What do you mean, if we are victorious?” he asked her, his lips hovering mere centimeters away from her own. “We will be, in one way or another.”] I belive for him the battle has already been won. He has won the love of his life. No matter whether dead or alive, they both won. Beacuse they had one another – The Light for The Shadow, The Shadow for The Light.

[“Because,” he answered, tilting his neck down to claim her lips with his own, “I can almost taste it.”] O.K. Now, I am melted!

I love you Manna! :-)

Kisses and hugs,

Kasia
whitetigerlilly chapter 5 . 10/22/2008
I think all of your ROV's are my favs. I love them all so much that I can't decide which is best. They are AWESOME!

I loved all of the OSCAR ANDRé ness. lol See the anime cuts all that short but not the manga... I can't wait to get my hands on a manga!

I saw an amv of that night and It was so cute!

*Do you trust me Oscar? I was like OMG! SO romantic.

Even her little footsie got lovin!

I loved this absolutely.
Xirysa chapter 5 . 10/22/2008
You're right, of course. I was really excited to see this in my inbox. (And I'm sorry for being so behind on reviewing other things, too.)

So... That being said... YAY YOU'RE DONE. And uwah... What a nice way to end it.

Makes me want to RP real bad... [shot] AND YOU STILL NEED TO SCAN ME STUFFS.

Wait, this is a review, not a memo. Allow me to continue.

Just kidding. Anything coherent I might say will be lost because OMG I'M FANGIRLING LIKE MAD IT'S RIDICULOUS AND DUDE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Bed time now. But I love how you made Oscar all epic and then... AND THEN... Andre was so beastly and you almost made me cry. Again.

Kudos.

lunascorpio chapter 4 . 10/3/2008
Oscar is a very special girl, but André will always be the bigger man to me.

Cheers.

Luna
lunascorpio chapter 3 . 10/3/2008
I know what you mean, I think we're our own worst critics. But there's no need for you to be so drastic with yourself when your work is so good. Hey, I'm one of those people who strongly feels the call of smell. I love perfumes, good food through the sense of smell, etc. I can easily recall situations through my nose, hehehe. Funny. isn't it? It's like a nose memory. Smell is pretty evocative and intimate to me.

It's a good fic. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Keep writing.

Luna.
WhiteTigerLilly chapter 4 . 9/29/2008
He thanked God Monsieur and Madame de Jarjayes were out having tea with another count and his wife, which left Oscar without parental support, though it was something she could definitely do without. and She looked terribly cute like that, he thought, but he didn’t have time to dwell on it before they reached the bed and she sat on the edge of it and smiled at him, punching him lightly in the arm., these are two very long sentences that can be broken down lol.

This is like a series of one shots, so sure it might not have a plot, but I love it. :)

Dances,

Josie
loulou.k chapter 4 . 9/28/2008
It's too good that I can't say any word about it, even a compliment! did I say before that this story is the best you've wrote?

It had every thing, funny, cute, horror, troubles, heartache, it's full of life, real life not just the romantic moments and the love problems as most of the 'fics talking about…so I think I stared to understand what you mean by "desperately" or at least what five Senses is going to do that…Andre and Oscar not just live there life together but they share the most important events that affected their character and build their soul with their all five Senses, and that what makes their souls and heart be one not two…Andre know every single event in Oscar's life, how much her Father was tough to her , how much she bear until she became the woman he fall in love with her…and she knows Andre and how needed her just to be his friend at first and not to be alone, she know that without her help he wouldn't be able to learn how to read and write, or she didn't know that, she just did it…I guess living with some one all these years and knowing how his/her life was and being there for him when he needed you even if he didn't ask for that will gradually turn from little feelings to something more mature…you may fall desperately in love with him…Now I don't know if you mean" desperately" to Oscar or to Andre…but I feel it's for both of them…

Now about this chapter…you made me remember when I was 6 year old I ride a bicycle with my older cousin and somehow my leg get into wheel, it didn't brook but I had a terrible twist and a lot of blood…and indeed in the middle of the road crying heard in my cousin arms thinking that I was going to dye, but I was happy because he carried me cousin cause I was in love with him…._

Look at me talking about myself….where was I? Ah…I like how at the most miserable times Andre had to deal with Oscar he couldn't but feel how cute she is in some moments…he is miserable I guess!

(Well, at least he was kind enough to set her back on her feet instead of dropping her onto the ground, even though the idea was rather tempting.) I really laughed at that scene.

(“You’re tired because you keep growing,” she shrugged. “It’s not your fault.”) God! That girl don't know how to stop.

(“I won’t tell your father that I carried you inside.”) that's soo sweet and hurt at the same time.

So is this:(Feebly, Oscar squeezed André’s hand, and he understood that she either could not speak, or she didn’t trust herself to speak) .

Ah (Marron) it's the first time you mention Nanny's name, I like it.

What else….oh, (She only muffled a few sobs and screams and moans into the pillow—his pillow, he realized) Again…Andre with a pillow in one scene? Please have messy on me.

Aw, he brushed her hair….that's so sweet….Now I'll hate my hair… and brush.

(He didn’t know what made him feel more ill—Oscar’s father praising her for letting herself hurt so badly, or the fact that Oscar was now smiling, looking exceptionally happy at her father’s praise.) that's so hard line to say and to feel.

Oh, and he kisses her….you know it's 5 am now…how do I supposed to sleep now after that?

(She was, but he stayed there anyway, until the sound of his own breathing matched hers, breath for breath.) no…I'll definitely wouldn't sleep….it's …speechless.

Xirysa chapter 4 . 9/27/2008
XD So yeah. Since I was watching a movie with my friends and talking to you online, it took me about 45 minutes to finish reading this thing. But I'm glad I read it.

I'll admit that it was better than the last chapter, but throwing Andre's changing voice in there? Overkill, man. Srsly, you had me laughing my arse off.

Do you know what this reminded me of? A certain song about being a certain something from a certain Disney movie about a certain woman who enters a certain army to fight a against a certain enemy and most certainly falls in love with a certain superior officer of a certain Asian country... [sings to herself]

Be a man! XD Anyway, I have to go to bed soon. But here... I loved this, actually. My favorite chapter as of now.

WhiteTigerLilly chapter 3 . 9/21/2008
Manna, what are you talking about bad! I hapen to like this despite it's plotlessness. lol

Life doesn't always have a plot or point to the story. Sometimes the moral is never found. so don't worry about that.

For Oscar, the stables were security. André was always there, and the air smelled like him—of horses and straw and hay and warmth. Every time she smelled any of those smells—together or individually—she found herself looking around for him. Isn't it funny how you forget how someone you love smells until someone with the same smell passes by. (OK... MINI RANT: My ex used to say he could smell my body spray, and that he missed me whenever he smelled it. He broke my heart. I hope he smells that enticing smell where ever he goes! :P Bastard. *Pardon my language*)

ANYwho...

"He found what he knew he would fine"... find

*Hey, Andre, do you think Father will be angry with me for sleeping our here, tonight?*... out here

"There's not even a pillows out here, Oscar."... not even a pillow OR not even pillows

Oscar is a stubborn little girl. I'd be the adult who would pin her down and kiss her and hug ger and tell her how much I love her. Children need love.

"They're battle scars," That stung. I hate to see it happen. Especially when I have been in those shoes. It makes me so emotional. I want to sterilize abusive people. I still have alot of pent up anger.

He chose not to comment on that, though, because it would only upset and embarrass her, and he knew it would cause a temporary rift between them; that was something he himself could not handle. Silence between friends sucks. I'd rather be whipped.
Xirysa chapter 3 . 9/21/2008
You said this was bad. No, it wasn't. At least, I thought so. Alright... I'll admit it got a little... Out there. But other than that... I thought it was good!

Could have brought out the sense of smell a bit more, but...

Oh, stupid general. ANIMAL CRUELTY RIGHT THERE. (I'm a proud tree huger.)

[...her own father shot her dog, killing him.] That's the only part that had me go O_o It sounded a bit repetitive. But that's it.

GO GO GO DO MORE. C:

loulou.k chapter 3 . 9/21/2008
Well, it's not that worse, taking that it began in a good, light, cute thoughts…and then turned to be tragic and hurt, then ended with comfortable thoughts ( Andre instead of MY pillow…I wouldn't sleep well tonight) _

Now from the beginning: When you said that she met Andre for the first time at the stables, I said loudly: no she didn't, it was in the hall, then I read the next(but she supposed that meeting him in the hall did not count, because that first day, she had only become acquainted with a kid named André) So I freaked out…Manna can you hear me form there?

The scene which they were talking and Andre working was very…Full of life, how could you do this? Write a conversation with a motion and feelings…you are geniuses.

Ah, having a slobber dog bigger than her, how they would looked like together!

Seeing her hiding and trying to delay the punishment…well, I don't know how to look at it, as a dissentious girl who gets herself into troubles or as a little poor girl who couldn't be as her Father wants her to be, and she had to deal with his angry with a brave soul? Both are…uncomfortable scene to watch!

(Mentally, he filed away things he needed to do before that happened. He had to save Oscar something to eat from his own dinner, because he doubted she’d be given any, and then he would have to check and see if there was any antiseptic, if there were clean towels, bandages, and—oh, yes—he would have to draw her a bath, too.) Oh My GOD! Is that is his emergency or evacuation plan?

Speaking of which, you wrote once about General's way in banishment and how Andre took care of Oscar after that…it was so rough, so why you have to do this again…couldn't you just pass it this time- and all times-please?

(She squirmed. “What’s this for?" Because you look like you need it." Well I don't." Maybe I do." That's not very manly, André.”) I didn't know what to do on that scene, it's sad situation but her reacting was funny.

(“For you,” she said. “Because I certainly don’t need it.”) You liar, who was scaring and crying all the day…, stubborn little blond?

Aww…when they went to sleep…that's so sweet, but then she had to open her big mouth (“You smell like hay,” .. “You smell like hay and horses."," I know." I like it.” )

Oh, the ending was so touching, each one thoughts of having a peaceful night… (Especially when she found herself in dire need of a pillow.) Ah, I hate my Pillow!X_X

Perennial Rhinitis chapter 2 . 9/12/2008
I agree. General Jarjayes most probably was involved in some way in André's learning how to read and write (as can be seen in the series and the manga). But in that period, a lot of people know how to read and write. But I guess servants don't get to.