Reviews for Solitude
thrawn92 chapter 4 . 4/11/2013
this story is pretty interesting, any chance you will try to update this story again? even though it has been five years?
Wraith Five chapter 4 . 12/19/2010
i think this story is actually fairly well written! (much better than if i had written it _)

anyways, i know its been 2 years since the last update, but i sincerely hope you finish this! it shows a LOT of promise! (also, doesn't really give many hints about future plot elements) could turn out to be one of those 100 chapter epics that needs to be broken into 2 fics, could be a 50 chapter story! nobody knows! (except maybe the author XD)

Mr. Gasbomb
Andrea Foxx chapter 4 . 11/8/2009
For a story you told me sucked sweaty camel teats, this is actually not that bad.

x10 times better than the work I classify as unreadable.

Jolly good fun. You write Samus well, even if you hate the story. chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
Great! It seems very well polished. great details about the characters. You deliver more than the average fan fictioner. The characters have a good amount of depth to them too. I wanted to read a good Metroid story today and you definitely delivered :) email me once you update this again!
DrkAbsol chapter 4 . 1/28/2009
This story is really REALLY good. The relationship between Davin and Malysa is authentic and funny and I think you portrayed Samus Aran's coldness perfectly. I'm intrigued about how Samus and the Ortry's will cross paths again. I hope you put the next chapter up soon.
Dreamwalker chapter 4 . 1/11/2009
This is a fantastic story. Far better than anything I've read in this fandom, period. Do us all a favor and keep writing, mm'kay? Thanks.
Samus 117 chapter 4 . 12/23/2008
This is a really good fanfic! I haven't seen one like this in a long time in the Metroid section! Please keep up the good work!

silverwolf05 chapter 4 . 12/23/2008
Another awesome chapter. The details on the environments particularly struck me as fantastic. Too often in writing, environments are ignored in favor of the characters, so it's nice to see you take the extra time to flesh them out. There is a totally different feel between Nugx's black market garage and Solomon's pristine office overlooking earth. It's also great seeing how the characters interact with their environments, such as when Nugx smashes and flicks the bug away while he's talking to Malysa. It's a small action, but it adds more depth.

Admiral Welles is also quite despicable. I hope he meets a sudden, painful death. Him and his precious idiot.

Anyways, again great job, and I'm excited to see how the Ortrys pull off the heist.
The-Jaron chapter 4 . 12/14/2008
cool chapter

a lot of character development with the siblings

and a new evil character, perhaps the tyrant?

Jaron out
I-En-Tee-Jay chapter 3 . 10/27/2008
*Jaws music plays as Samus closes in* Can't wait to see where this goes, probably already in the top ten (in my humble opinion) metroid stories.

Keep it up.

p.s: I like your zelda stories as well.
I Am Sparty chapter 3 . 10/26/2008
This story is looking really good, Davin. I'm impressed with the ingenuity you possess while writing about the Ortys' escapades.

So we come to the hunt, something Samus is known for, but never seems to be doing in any of her games. I mean, at least in the first Metroid game she was hunting the Metroids, but it's always for the Galactic Federation. You know what I mean? When we think of Bounty Hunting, we nerds always refer to Boba Fett, who tracks down individuals, either killing them or bringing them to the to the client for a reward.

You make the Ortys out to be very resourceful, but it's not too far of a stretch, so it's actually believable. I also like how you've written Samus, how she's quick and to the point all the time, no fun and all work...almost like Boba Fett.

I see a lot of Star Wars references here, and though both SW and the Metroid universe are both Space Operas, it'd be cool if you separated the two a bit, maybe inventing a bit of your own technology that's different from Star Wars, or researching a bit more into what kinds of systems the people in the Metroid universe would use, much like it seems you did with the Space Pirates' weapons. Concepts like Hyperspace and Ion Cannons may bridge the gaps between many Intergalactic Sci-Fi stories, but perhaps you could have called the Ion Cannon something different, and Hyperspace could have looked different when viewed through the cockpit window.

Still, this story is very good, and I'm interested to see where you're going with this "Tyrant" character, and Samus' new client, Frederika Solomon. Good work, and keep writing.

HAL-9001 chapter 3 . 10/24/2008
A few guesses:

- Frederika is the Tyrant

- The reactor is not really a reactor, but a weapon, or if it is a reactor, it can easily be modified into a weapon. Possibly Phazon-powered.

I like your portrayal of Samus.
silverwolf05 chapter 3 . 10/23/2008
Interesting story - you've got a lot of great descriptions that really bring the story alive. I might have missed it in one of the chapters, but how can Malysa change her hair without dying it or anything? Is it one of the Ortry traits along with canine teeth? Poor Samus. Those Ortry really got the slip on her, but no one can escape the Hunter for long :)

Anyways the story is quite intriguing, especially with the introduction of the Tyrant and Solomon. Sounds like there's quite a tale involved and I'm excited to hear it.
The-Jaron chapter 3 . 10/22/2008

the metroid story is back

i womder how this will play out...

Jaron out
DrkAbsol chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
This story is really good! I can't wait for the next chapter. The way you write your stories is really engaging and interesting. The suspense also keeps the story interesting and grips my attention.