Reviews for Moments of Time
Validos chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I enjoyed this very much. Makes me wanna buy a sega saturn and play Dark Savior again.
GaretStrife chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Pretty unpredictable story. I haven't played this game in years! I guess you could say Jack was to blame for everything. After all the damn bird knew to much. Good ending to a good game
Martin III chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
Before I make any comments, I should first say my understanding is that the Garian in this story is Garian 3 or some very near variant. So if I'm wrong about that, my remarks may be rather off-base.

I confess I'm rather confused by much of this story. I understand Jack turning back the clock to where the parallels split, since that was strongly hinted in the sub-parallel where Garian leaves Kay to die. However, your allusions to Jack's reasons for doing this don't help me much. I've tried reading them over a few times, but I'm just not getting it(I am, admittedly, bad on the uptake). Also, Garian's reference to the warden("You let Kurt waste his life like the fool that he was!") is especially perplexing.

Anyway, just one more thing to get the negatives out of the way. A nit, really, but it seems odd to me that Garian would think of Kay before Tracy. In the game he admitted to feeling more of an attraction to Tracy than her sister, and he had met her as Garian 2(including all variations), so she would seem familiar in the same way as Kay.

So, one good thing is that I love your depiction of Garian. Granted, with the length of this story there's not much to chew on, but in every piece here I get the strong impression that you have a very deep understanding of the character and his values. That alone makes me look forward to your future Dark Savior stuff with great anticipation.

Also, even with the amount of this story that I "just don't get", the essence of it is very pleasing. You've created a powerful sense of Garian's endless cycle of realities, and in terms of essential character, it feels very believable for Jack to be putting things him (as Larry Hama would put it) the rinse cycle. This feels like a very valid, even official, addendum to what the English versions of Dark Savior left us with. Really, on more than one level this is a piece of the puzzle that Dark Savior fandom has gone far too long without.

So, overall very pleased with this. A lot that I don't follow, but then I'm not as much of a Dark Savior expert as you. Thumbs up on this little tale!
The Exile chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
OMG I LOVE DARK SAVIOR!

I didn't know there was a Dark Savior category. I shall have to write something for it.

I've been parallel six-hunting for years. You don't happen to know where it is, do you?