Reviews for Quirk of Fate, Part 5: The Master Planner Returns
pikachucat chapter 6 . 12/21/2012
awesome story
Radio Driver chapter 6 . 2/24/2009
Love how this story is goin. Keep on keepin on.
Song chapter 6 . 2/20/2009
You're back!

"You'd think she was a secret superhero or something."

And Aunt Anna is still suffering from extreme obliviousness, I see.

"Out after pictures" for a WEEK? Denial is clearly a river in Egypt for these guys. If somebody's gone for a week, something's WRONG!

Watch it, Captain; if somebody says that a person is NOT going to get away/out of town, then they definitely WILL.

Language, Jameson! "Frosty-faced fink"? Well, that's a new one,anyway.

Yeah, using *explosives* to get it off your leg. Great thinking, J.

Amnesia in radiated rats? You don't say. Wow, that conclusion was awfully convenient.

Wait, is Ben Peter's clone? Why does he have blond hair?

And we are gathering all of our forces, reaching critical climax point...

And now it's DECISION TIME!

Overall: Okay, not bad, especially as a comeback- bad case of writer's block, I assume. Anyway, most parts were pretty good, although I think the boys stumbled upon the correct solution a little too quick and defended it a little too steadfastly. Not to mention breaking in and stuff. But other than that, I don't have any beefs. Hope to hear from you soon!
Radio Driver chapter 5 . 11/24/2008
Good goin. Keep on keepin on.
Song chapter 5 . 11/14/2008
Hello again!

Ha, I like the Doberman metaphor, it's right on.

"Are you HIGH?"

I think our boys (and girls) in blue underestimate the emotional toll superheroing takes.

Wow, I totally forgot about the Scorpion thing.

Bounty hunter, is it? Why is your description so reminscient of the role of a superhero, if you so despise them?

"" made me chuckle.

"Did you KILL her?" Holy cow, hysterical. Didn't even find the bloody sheets yet.

Oh, nightmare. That makes sense now.

... and now poor sick Anna's gunna wander blindly around from person to person trying to find MJ.

Well, THAT was a long time coming.

Jameson's quite the foul mouth.

Ooh, nice move, Carolyn. I hate to admit it, but nice move.

Overall: I quite enjoyed reading this, especially after the hiatus. Definitely up to par, well-written. What can I say? Hopefully six will come along soon.
Wolvmbm chapter 5 . 11/11/2008
Nice usage of the various police allies of Spider-man and the other supporting characters to Spidey's history. :D

I must say that this story arc is a very good and better adaptation to the original story arc. :)

Please I encourage you to continue on with your great work on making another good story. ;)
The derpstermonster chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Very nice I hope Otto gets ressurected because the universe is not looking good with out him.
Shinzochi chapter 4 . 7/27/2008
This story is REALLY cool, i'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Radio Driver chapter 4 . 7/26/2008
Great story. Keep on keepin on.
Song With No Soul chapter 4 . 7/25/2008
In response to your e-mail:

Okay, then, I will ask her: Carloyn, WHY in the name of Otto Gunther Octavius (yes, I went there!) did you dye your hair purple?

Actualy, I did catch the reference in the names; I just didn't mention it.

Yeah, she really does like her brother. That's too bad, if fate similar to in the original story is going to befall him. However, it seems more likely that she's going to take the fall for his mistakes instead.

Onto the story:

HE's oblivious. "Oh look, a nine by twelve foot hole (those were the dimensions, right?) hole in the wall. Right after a little old lady has a panic attack. No possible connection..."

"Personal bodyguard". So, you're going by the Movieverse for this, as opposed to the Avengers plot?

I see, dead. So are they going by that story, (which is a bit more dramatic than I was expecting,) or did she mean that figuratively?

As far as Jameson is concerned MySpace is the entire Bugle building.

Jameson's not the greatest boss, but at least he could remember PETER's name.

Good job, Liz. I think he should be hung up on more often.

Uh oh. Tony needs the heart of the suit running to keep the shrapnel out of his heart.

And now you know.

“Well, I can't remember any of it, but I must believe you; I've no other choice!” I like this phrase. It's so dramatic, it sounds right out of an old comic book. "I'm sorry, Lois, I don't want to kill you, but I have no other choice! I'm sorry, Jimmy, I don't want to take lifesaving vaccinations from sick children in Africa, but I have no other choice!"

Too bad she doesn't have the experience to know to trust her instincts.

Probably it's a good thing that it's not complete- or MJ would probably be permanently brain damaged or a smear on the pavement instead of just having amnesia.
gen x chapter 4 . 7/23/2008
Not bad.
Song With No Soul chapter 3 . 7/22/2008
It's a good idea, I'll give you that, Carolyn- but, unluckily for both of you, you picked the wrong suburban townhouse to rent.

Why *did* she dye her hair purple, anyway?

MJ- he's TALKING to her. Not flirting. TALKING.

Yes, I would agree that love triangles tend to be awkward.

Ouch, Ned. Still, MJ, you DID deserve that for your unglorious ditch yesterday.

Yet.

Nice attempt at self-control, MJ. Now she's suspicious.

"...help you with your homework." This- you *do* know she's in college, not elementary school, don't you, Aunt Anna?

Hopefully *this* Aunt May isn't as oblivious as the one in the originial Nullifier story arc was. Otherwise, MJ is in serious trouble.

Interesting... ALL of the surviving clones have apparently established identities for themselves.

Like I said, MJ, way to tip her off.

Good, Aunt May came through! And she's packin' HEAT.

I guess all this excitement was too much for her delicate constitution.

BETTY is going to become the Scorpion? Apparently, she's really desperate to save her stupid brother from the Mob.

What's with the lizard? A nod to Boy Genius?

SHE hasn't, but I'm guessing you have...

But in the comic book world, animal tests don't mean a damn thing.

She might be a bit hard to pass off as unchanged, then. But since she'll probably be in jail or on the lam before anyone notices she's gone, this doesn't really matter.

Oh dear, what with her delicate constitution and all, this can't be good.

Overall: Quite interesting, particularily the revelation of who the Scorpion is. Poor Betty. Nice to know you. Most places were quite well-written, as well. MJ is going to be up to her neck in villains soon. Good luck. MJ. You'll need it.
Shinzochi chapter 2 . 7/20/2008
This is a really really good story, although i have no clue what some of the events mentioned are referring to probably cause i haven't read or watched the Amazing Spider Woman, but anyway i'll be looking forward to reading the next chapter.
Song With No Soul chapter 2 . 7/19/2008
I'm surprised at how eager MJ is to just go out with Pete's clone (and the Jackal, although she has no idea of knowing that,) and ditch her boyfriend. I mean, I know he reminds her of Peter, but you'd think she'd have learned, if nothing else, to be nice to her boyfriends (sinced they tend to die so quick).

Juggle cars AND murder your son (in your opinion, anyway.) You'd think that the second item would be more concerning.

So... here we have the Scorpion, too, on top of the Master Planner moving in.

Yeah, so she's gonna steal the Nullifier (I'd run if I were you, Ben- don't want her to see you) and hightail it back to Aunt Anna's house.

I was wondering why he was blond all of a sudden.

...and now she's gonna track her to her aunt's house and scare a year off of her life when she realizes.

You can bet the Nullifier won't be safe for long.
Excel chapter 2 . 7/19/2008