Reviews for The New Kid
gabeclone chapter 8 . 9/29
what? WHAT?! ok, let me calm down. you committed an unforgivable sin of writing. you made your characters act in a way that went against their character in order to get the story to where you wanted it to be. that is not ok. why would Ron talk about a job he's going to do in a public place? he's a professional! he's been doing this for two years. nobody who manages to go two years without getting caught is going to consider an empty hallway private enough to hold a sensitive conversation, especially when they know for a fact that the person trying to catch them is in the same building. that's retardation level stupidity and you made Ron do that. unforgivable. why did Ron stick around to see how the fight between Shego and Kim turned out? who would do that? i yet again say, he's a professional. what kind of professional sticks around while two of their enemies are fighting instead of just leaving while they're distracted? why does Shego even have a knife? she has plasma powers! she can cut through anything with her hands! there's no way she would actually carry a knife around. i know why you did these things from a narrative perspective: you wanted Ron and Kim to become partners again, so you had Ron act stupidly outside his character twice. once so that Kim could follow him and again so that he could save her. you needed Shego to attack Ron in a way that would leave him injured and wanting revenge instead of dead. those are not good reasons for having characters act against their nature. there are no good reasons for having characters act against their nature. you're not allowed to do that and still call yourself a good writer. if you can't make a certain situation happen without making the characters act against their nature than you just don't make that situation happen. this is unforgivable.
Great story! I enjoyed it very much.
Cloaked Glydr chapter 20 . 7/4
This is fraeking awesome. I read Ron and Kim not meeting eachother, and Ron becoming Zorpox, but never one where Ron is a merc for villains. Despite that, they still bond remarkably. This fanfic is pretty awesome. The ending tho was very abrupt. Hope you make a sequel to this.
Robaezica W chapter 20 . 6/18
Super clever!
Villain in Glasses chapter 20 . 11/18/2014
Loved this fic, awesome stuff. I'm sad it only lasted 20 chapters but it was 20 great chapters
kingryu chapter 20 . 10/30/2014
Please write a sequel
Lord Sigfry chapter 10 . 6/3/2014
That's weak.
Indri08 chapter 20 . 4/5/2014
Amazing. Simply amazing.
SecretPlace chapter 20 . 3/22/2014
I love this story. I know it was written a while back, but you should seriously consider finishing it. I've read it many times, and each time, I want to know what comes next. Just wish you'd continue what you start.
ekrekeler chapter 20 . 3/8/2014
Yeah, this was written back in 2010, but I felt compelled to leave a review. So, I must say, this was unlike any KP fic I've ever read, being that Ron is both a criminal (well, he starts out as one), and he has never met Kim before it starts. I must ask though, did you write this already knowing about MrDrP's "Nacho Boy and the Dragon Lady"? If not, it a definite must-read.
I wholly enjoyed this story and plan to check out more of your work. There is one criticism that i have to make though: In my opinion, Ron gave up the crime jobs way too easily. Kim should have had to push him a bunch in order to turn him, not just pay him a couple hospital visits. Also, Ron should have gotten something out of it, like demanding that he could be Kim's sidekick/partner if he was to give up crime. It only seems fair.
Anyways, that's pretty much all I have to say. I don't know if you'll ever see this, considering your most recent activity was back in November 2013, but I know it's always good to leave a review. Also I really hope there will be a sequel to this one day. I'd hate for it to end like it did.

The Krekeler
all forms of fluff chapter 20 . 1/22/2014
This is pretty damn cool story. I like the concept of them meeting at a later stage in their lives. It is a bit wierd that Ron was a thief, but really as a skills comparision gose he has the same as Kim. They both break into heavly secured buildings disable the guards and complete a task before the autorites show up. I would like to know why Ron wasn't on Hench co payroll. He had all the skills and affilications. It would seem that Hench would recute him as a speliest, like his own shego. Then again I could toatly see him working for WEE also. I am surprised that Kim didn't have more gadegts. Without a partner to distract and confuse the enemy she would have to resort to gadets to fill that roll. I guess thats really the only comlaint I could make on this story. It was told and finished at a grood point that leave it open for a sequel. All in all it was a good read. Thank You for the story.
andy132 chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Amazing story, I think this is like the sixth time I've read it. I can only hope that you make a sequel, as this was one of the most original kp fics out there.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 20 . 1/8/2014
Exceptional bit of work, to say the least.
I always enjoy AUs where characters are morally inverted- within reason, anyway; as an example, making Ron Weasley an unrepentant Dark Lord would be taking things too far, but making him a socially-focused jerk who’s dismissive towards his sister is acceptable- and your darker take on Ron was an excellent example of that, more willing to make moral compromises without actually doing any harm to anyone, to say nothing of your intriguing look at how Kim’s changed without him.
You could have maybe clarified how Kim started the missions, given her initial self-doubt, but I suppose the support of friends like Monique could have helped keep her going without getting too over-confident, and I can certainly get how she pulled missions off without Ron; she may have had trouble without him in ‘Sitch in Time’ and other cases, but since here she never had a partner to rely on in the first place, she’s learned how to fight without. Besides, it was more straightforward to see how Ron’s lack of Kim as a moral focus and external incentive led him to channel his own issues into defying society when he doesn’t have her to be ‘good’ for; when you get down to it, a surprising number of villains turned out that way because they perceive themselves to be the ‘victims’ of society…
Their first meeting was very well-handled, the two of them falling into their ‘traditional’ banter and interaction despite their lack of prior contact, and their subsequent interaction continued to impress, the two unable to stop themselves chatting even when they’re acting on opposite sides of the law and Kim is making a conscious effort to NOT like Ron (Ron generally gave the impression that he was neutral where Kim was concerned, treating her more as an obstacle than a specific adversary), leading into the excellent moment when Kim finds herself ‘stuck’ with Ron out of self-imposed obligation.
With the two established as ‘partners’, you come up with some very plausible events to bring them closer together, starting with Ron’s confrontation with his arch-nemesis and then having Kim go to him with a far more human problem than their traditional villain threats; I would have waited to have them make the ‘partner’ thing official until they’ve done more than one mission together, but the conclusion worked out fairly well, all things considered.
All in all, a bit fast in a couple of places, but an interesting new look at how they come together that keeps everyone in character while acknowledging how they changed without each other; if you ever write that sequel you considered here, I’ll DEFINITEY be checking it out!
jon4576 chapter 19 . 7/16/2013
sequel sequel please
Exalted Demi-Soul chapter 20 . 5/19/2013
Wow, this was a top rank read.