Reviews for The New Kid
AfterTheEpilogue chapter 20 . 1/28
Crap, I went scrambling for a sequel after this, too bad there wasn't one! Overall this was pretty good.
AfterTheEpilogue chapter 18 . 1/28
Yeah, I have to agree with an earlier reviewer. The whole Bonnie reaction thing was weird.
AfterTheEpilogue chapter 14 . 1/28
Josh seems pretty ooc here, it would make more sense if it was Eric/k...Some how.
AfterTheEpilogue chapter 13 . 1/28
Why the heck is everyone planning on raping Kim?

Also I feel pretty bad for Will Du in this for some reason.
AfterTheEpilogue chapter 12 . 1/28
Woohoo! Things are heating up in the action department!
AfterTheEpilogue chapter 9 . 1/28
I like your investigation of what Ron's personality could've been like if they hadn't met.
AfterTheEpilogue chapter 6 . 1/28
Okay, I admit it, I'm pretty invested in this story.
AfterTheEpilogue chapter 4 . 1/28
Oh my god, we're going to get an attempted date rape scene with Josh, aren't we? Oh no.
AfterTheEpilogue chapter 3 . 1/28
Glad he didn't just leave her in the park, that could've been bad.
AfterTheEpilogue chapter 1 . 1/28
This definitely seems pretty unique!
Orion's Left Arm chapter 20 . 1/15/2016
~Great AU. Kinda wish you'd gone into more detail on Ron as a villain, and how that caused him to be different from Canon-Ron. Still, very good.

~Admittedly, I was not a fan of how you wrote some of the villains of this story. Josh and Burns were completely one-dimensional and had little-to-no reason for doing what they did.
Shego's knife fight, and Monkey Fist's rape comment both seemed really out of character for them.
Lastly, Bonnie had no right to get upset at Josh for attempting rape. She might have thought Kim wanted to go that far with him, but she KNEW Kim didn't want it recorded. How many people would've seen that tape without Kim "wanting it." Josh did deserve those slaps though.
However, I WAS a fan of how you wrote Will Du. You actually made me like a character that I normally hate. Props.

~I really enjoyed this fic. Possibly the best KP fic I've read on here. You did a great job.
Bobtrumpet chapter 20 . 11/11/2015
AU stories have to go a certain way for me to like them. This one certainly did. There were some holes in the backstory (e.g., how did Kim get into hero work if Ron wasn't there to encourage her on the Paisley mission?) but they could be suspended for the sake of reading. While I would like to see a sequel, I doubt it will happen and, in any event, it is not really necessary. Nice work.
gabeclone chapter 8 . 9/29/2015
what? WHAT?! ok, let me calm down. you committed an unforgivable sin of writing. you made your characters act in a way that went against their character in order to get the story to where you wanted it to be. that is not ok. why would Ron talk about a job he's going to do in a public place? he's a professional! he's been doing this for two years. nobody who manages to go two years without getting caught is going to consider an empty hallway private enough to hold a sensitive conversation, especially when they know for a fact that the person trying to catch them is in the same building. that's retardation level stupidity and you made Ron do that. unforgivable. why did Ron stick around to see how the fight between Shego and Kim turned out? who would do that? i yet again say, he's a professional. what kind of professional sticks around while two of their enemies are fighting instead of just leaving while they're distracted? why does Shego even have a knife? she has plasma powers! she can cut through anything with her hands! there's no way she would actually carry a knife around. i know why you did these things from a narrative perspective: you wanted Ron and Kim to become partners again, so you had Ron act stupidly outside his character twice. once so that Kim could follow him and again so that he could save her. you needed Shego to attack Ron in a way that would leave him injured and wanting revenge instead of dead. those are not good reasons for having characters act against their nature. there are no good reasons for having characters act against their nature. you're not allowed to do that and still call yourself a good writer. if you can't make a certain situation happen without making the characters act against their nature than you just don't make that situation happen. this is unforgivable.
Guest chapter 20 . 7/18/2015
Great story! I enjoyed it very much.
Cloaked Glydr chapter 20 . 7/4/2015
This is fraeking awesome. I read Ron and Kim not meeting eachother, and Ron becoming Zorpox, but never one where Ron is a merc for villains. Despite that, they still bond remarkably. This fanfic is pretty awesome. The ending tho was very abrupt. Hope you make a sequel to this.