Reviews for While the Ring went south
Word cannot describe how much fun I had reading this. I am so happy that I found this story. It had me reading up through the night, I couldn’t stop. Ever single character was written perfectly. The dialogue was perfect, the pace of the story was perfect, everything about this story was perfect. You are an extremely talented writer!
MandalorianPirate chapter 21 . 7/7/2020
This was absolutely amazing! I enjoyed it immensely and am on my way to find the sequel! :-)
Heyo chapter 21 . 5/9/2020
Omg I can’t believe it’s over! I was hooked
Nuntio chapter 7 . 2/4/2020
q
User7389 chapter 3 . 2/25/2019
I really like this so far. Your pace and flow is pretty good, my dude.
TheRedScreech chapter 1 . 1/11/2019
Oh, my gosh! I am cackling so hard! I am positively howling with laughter! That barb of Legolas' about the orc nearly had me in stitches!

And Gandalf and Aragorn have formed a betting pool! And Merry and Pippin are keeping score! I wonder how Frodo's faring in all of this. :)
Dariuchka chapter 21 . 6/25/2018
Wow, thank you for this journey!
S0lstice chapter 8 . 2/3/2018
This chapter and the last one have always been my favorites! Lots of worrying and caring for each other, and the spark of Gimli appreciating Legolas in a new light, whether he cares to recognize it or not. And the way you write and your descriptions - I can picture everything, and practically feel what our water-logged companions are feeling. I’ve reread these chapters so many times!
S0lstice chapter 2 . 2/1/2018
Can I just say how happy I am that you posted this? I don’t know anything about the reposting stuff I’ve seen (has been purging or something?). But I initially read this years and years ago, pretty soon after you first posted it, and it has *always* in my mind been the best, most well-written, most well-rounded, and most true to character/world LOTR fic that I have ever read. It’s always been *the* classic to me. It is genuine head canon for me. Your characterizations are so accurate and completely believable, as is the story itself. So good...I’ve always adored the rivalry between Legolas and Gimli and the friendship between Legolas and Aragorn, and you do them both so well. But I also appreciate that you have spread the focus to each of the characters in turn, so we get the full, well-rounded fellowship experience. ;) Believe it or not, when I first read this all those years ago, it was before I had my own computer so when my parents were out I used theirs to print the whole thing out to keep in my room. I must have used up so much paper and ink! Anywho, I’m so excited to read through this again. Thank you so much for all the work you put into it, it’s amazing! P.S. I’ve read a bunch of your other stories too and will most likely read through all of them again too bc I loved them all. :D
Gbuggie chapter 11 . 1/14/2018
This story is amazing lmao
Guest chapter 13 . 1/10/2018
I’m getting really annoyed at the dwarf-elf feud. I guess that’s kinda the point, and you can’t do any character development til Lothlórien, but still.
Guest chapter 8 . 1/9/2018
“Ceaseless pestering”. I like that. I’m going to use that phrase sometime:)
VanyaNoldo22 chapter 5 . 10/14/2017
Did he really just pin Gimli to the tree... by his beard?! Hahhaha, that is hilarious! Nice story, n
mellon nín!
wotumba1 chapter 21 . 8/26/2017
what a great journey!
thank you for sharing it with us!
wotumba1 chapter 18 . 8/26/2017
yay, they are reunited again :)