Reviews for While the Ring went south
Jim 47BB chapter 21 . 8/3/2017
Ido not know how to give a review for the whole book but it is excellent One small point. When measuring distance sometimes leagues and furlongs are fine but to talk about metres just does not seem right
teacuppy chapter 21 . 8/2/2017
masterfully done, truly beautiful writing...
C chapter 21 . 5/16/2017
Incredible!
Andreri25 chapter 5 . 3/24/2017
"the sun has just risen" legolas you lil s#'t
teacuppy chapter 3 . 10/18/2016
lol, dying here... laughing so much... brilliant writing and also very funny ... and the Vengeance was so good...
Guest chapter 1 . 4/10/2016
THIS is why I read fanfiction. WHY can't everyone follow your example and fill in scenes and gaps in the original with a keen imagination and a skillful imitation of canonic style and languagr and stay true to the original characters? You have lifted me too, with the humor of your tale, from a dark hole in the ground of depression.
PSW chapter 21 . 8/25/2015
This was a great story, I really enjoyed it! Thanks so much for all the hard work that went into it...
Guest chapter 21 . 7/19/2015
I'm so impressed with your story! You did a wonderful job with this! You stayed true to Tolkien and the characters he created. I laughed a lot while reading this, so thank you!
Nimblelf legolas chapter 5 . 6/14/2015
HAHAHAHA I love the ending and I just love this elf! :)
Guest chapter 21 . 5/24/2015
Thank you. Enjoyed this a lot
Talath Amanya chapter 21 . 5/23/2015
Wow, this whole thing was so amazing! It's nice to read fics that directly follow book verse and especially in LOTR's case it changes the entire atmosphere of the writing. Well done!
kelwin chapter 21 . 3/14/2015
very good fic. I like lord of the rings fics but most just are all about pairings and not the war of the rings.
MoonChild07 chapter 21 . 1/31/2015
This will be an overall review of the entire work, not just this last chapter. I greatly and thoroughly enjoyed this story. I know this review is YEARS after completion and publication but I stumbled onto it when looking for Bookverse fanfiction. I love most Movieverse stories I find, but was in the mood for something more book-related when this popped up. It feels familiar, so I may have read it a few years ago but it has been long enough that I felt like I was reading something new.

I particularly liked how you incorporated the actual dialogue from the books with your own imagined scenes, it lent an air of authenticity to the story. I thought your portrayal of the various friendships and relationships (Merry & Pippin along with Frodo and Sam, Gandalf & Aragorn, and Legolas & Aragorn) were very well-done and felt natural. I loved how you wrote Boromir and his musings on traveling with other races and the Heir of Isildur. I find it difficult to come across fics with well-rounded Boromir characters, so this was a point of delight for me.

A few other little notes and I'll let this be done. I grew up where it snows a lot too, and thought your depiction of the tunnel was great! Just what I would have done, and probably have done in my childhood! And I completely understood what you were getting at with Bill's shying. Yes, horses raise their heads when shying at *some* things, but not all horses react like that. My old Quarterhorse would always put her head a little down and to the side, and while she didn't freeze often, when she did I would have to lean on her rump to get her to move.

I look forward to reading a bit more of your work!
DashOfPeppers chapter 5 . 1/5/2015
I have wanted to say it often, but I have been unable to say it before until now; I get a shameful sense of elation every time I read Legolas's and Gimli's quarrel-well, perhaps 'quarrel' isn't the right word...'barely restrained lacking of beheadings' would probably be far more appropriate. But I digress. I love your style of writing, and I giggle every time Gimli tosses a heated glare at Legolas, and vise versa. Well done, my friend! I love it!
Guest chapter 5 . 5/4/2014
Oh Legolas XD
I think you can tell which team I'm cheering on in this one
981 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »