Reviews for The Revel
ElenielK chapter 6 . 6/14
What I like about the story, and what makes it stand apart from numerous other fanfics is that it actually shows the writer thought about the society behind the scene. Institutions, history, human nature. All the things a story set in a world different from ours should consider, but fails - and I'm not just talking about fanfics, but published novels as well. It's a pleasant surprise to find such quality writing here.
ElenielK chapter 4 . 6/14
Glad to be reading a well written, well thought out story.
ElenielK chapter 3 . 6/14
And they call her the brightest witch of her age. snort.
aliduck chapter 11 . 6/10
Oh, this story is so good, please, please complete it...
aliduck chapter 1 . 6/9
Love your portrayal of Lucius already...
bloomsburry chapter 10 . 6/8
PLEASE UPDATE THIS! I'M DYING AFTER A REALLY LONG WAIT! THIS STORY IS JUST PERFECT!
cottonwoolspots chapter 11 . 5/29
PLEASE UPDATE THIS. This story has so much potential! So well written. Complex characters. Great plot... ahh! I want it to continue!

My prediction/guesses: I totally think Nikolai's parents were the muggles in the bunker and taken and raised by death eaters including Bellatrix? But how did they know he'd turn out magic as a baby? A prophecy?
HelenaVonValsa chapter 11 . 5/4
You do know, that you can't leave us readers in the dark, especially after such a chapter :-) I love it so much I'd like to hate you for it! But I don't because you're a great writer
TheLadyIntegra chapter 11 . 3/16
This story is absolutely wonderful! The way you write is so humorous - it's not a chore to read your long paragraphs, but a pleasure. And I just love the character dynamic here! So many fics with this pairing have Lucius as a complete sadist, who constantly tortures and abuses Hermione. Then, equally as unsatisfying are the fics where he's secretly just a poor, misunderstood guy. I LOVE the middle ground you've found here, it's just brilliant. He's a self-serving, power-hungry criminal willing to do just about anything he deems necessary to further his interests, but he's not a complete woman-abusing torturer.

I'll admit, the tension between him and Hermione is what makes this story such a pleasure to read - one moment they're getting along, but he's a Death Eater and she's Hermione, so at any moment things can go horribly south like it did with the gun confrontation. It makes reading this so brilliantly nerve-wrecking! I sincerely hope you continue this story to completion and that more confrontations and conflicts are to come. Despite the fact that it's not nearly as long as I would wish it to be, this has still become one of my all-time favourite fics :)
Iwanna chapter 11 . 3/1
A very gripping story! I do wish you continued it!
Thanks for what you wrote!
Niki chapter 11 . 2/28
I remember when you first posted this fic back in 2008! I know it's been a few years since you updated, but I hope you find your muse again. :) You made me ship Lucius/Hermione with this.
bloomsburry chapter 11 . 1/26
OMG! This story is perfect! Why isn't it updated? I really really wanted to know what happens next. This chapter was just friggin' hot!
UnicornMist chapter 11 . 1/6
Oh no- it's not complete! And I am so totally engrossed in the story :( Please please please continue, I have been systematically reading all of your stories and think you are an amazing writer capable of bringing these complicated characters to life again. Love your work x
lina0 chapter 11 . 12/31/2014
oh, wau, that is quite a work ;) It would be great you if you continued the story :)
Lady Mage chapter 11 . 12/23/2014
Any chance of a update on this one sometime soon? Great story!