Reviews for Shall Never See So Much
Guest chapter 32 . 18h
This story is amazing. I'm sad it has to end but… oh well I guess.
It was a sweet torment to read your story and knowing the future it will reach can not abate the torture of an interrupted telling. You have talent, that much is clear.
Talonis Wolf chapter 32 . 1/13
Good luck, and thank you for sparing the time you have to bring us along this amazing journey.
Cara chapter 32 . 1/5
So I have re-read We That Our Young and Shall Never See So Much for the second time, and I can't get over how intricately detailed everything and everyone is. The characters are so vivid, and I can't stop wondering what will happen to them. (Yes, I guess we technically know where they end up thanks to the show, but that is merely a snapshot of their lives compared to what you have given us here). I find I am actually on the edge of my seat wondering what exactly happens in the practical portion of the exam. How does Maes meet Gracia? But what I really can't stop thinking about is the burning of the back incident. We already know that is a terrible moment in the show. But given the backstory and bond that you have developed between Roy and Riza here, I can't even imagine the emotion and pain that such a thing entailed. Even if you never finish this fanfic (and don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love for this to be finished), if you ever want to do a one shot with fullmetal alchemist pretty please consider the burning of the back incident.
Cara chapter 32 . 12/18/2015
I have only recently watched fullmetal alchemist for the very first time, and in my search for some well-written fanfic on my favorite characters Mustang and Hawkeye stumbled onto these fanfics. And they have just blown my mind away. I am in love with these stories, and though I know that you have put them on permanent hiatus, still can't help holding the tiniest hope that they will get finished.
kyllaros chapter 32 . 11/22/2015
Thanks for this awesome tale. I really love the detail and energy you put into these to enormous stories. My favorite was the chapter with Mustang and Olivia - I missed Mustangs deadpan humor until then ;)
I really hope that someday you will come back here and continue this awesome story. I wish you all the best.
Serrena094 chapter 32 . 10/8/2015
This is THE BEST fanfiction I have ever read !
When I first stumbled upon your story , I thought this will be an ok romance between Roy and Riza , but what I found was much more than that , what I found was EPIC. After the 2nd chapter of "We That Are Young" I just couldn't stop reading the fic. I stayed up till 4 AM reading your story and feeling so happy and grateful to you for writing this story.
I can't go back to the anime and not think of your story ( the development of the characters , the feelings of the characters ; not just Roy and Riza , but Maes and his family , Dr Howkeye , Kimbley and so many more ).
Throughout this fanfic I found myself thinking so many times that this really is the real thing , the real background story of Roy and Riza (how they met , the bound they formed , and the reason why Riza would give her life for Roy )
I hope with all my heat that I will come back to your story one day ( maby 3-5 years from now ) and this story would be complete .
Thank you so, so much for writing this story ! :*
Acae chapter 32 . 8/17/2015
This series is really incredible and I love the backstory you've woven for Roy, Riza and Maes; I often have to remind myself that it's not canon. I wasn't planning on reviewing this chapter, but the quote at the end made me so emotional I felt I had to write something. I don't mind that you will never complete this story, though I wouldn't be opposed to it if you did. You've made me happy enough without an ending, which is something not a lot of people can do. So thank you, I guess, for writing this, and allowing me the chance to read it.
WinryElric65 chapter 32 . 6/6/2015
This story as well as its prequel were amazing. I really enjoyed reading them and seeing how Roy and Riza both went from shy little children to soldiers in the military. I'm sad that this story will no longer be updated, but real life does come first. But I do hope that maybe one day you will come back and update again. When or if you do, you'll have a lot of very loyal readers waiting :) Thanks for the stories!
KuroitsukiNoMai chapter 32 . 4/8/2015
Aaw, super disappointing that this fic isn't being continued :/ It's really good. I love the world you've built, and I'd be ecstatic to see if continued, or the story resolved. Thank you for posting, anyhow!
Sweet PokePuffs chapter 32 . 3/1/2015
Hey, I know this is an old story but I just wanted to say that the two stories that you've written were beautiful. I finished both in a day. I've never read a fanfic as detailed as these. The back story, the Ocs, the canon characters, they're all written so perfectly. Although I'm sad that you stopped writing this story, I'm glad that you finished the first one. Someday I hope you'll return and give this story a proper ending that it deserves. It breaks my heart to see stories as perfect as these not compelted. Until that day, the other readers and myself will always be here waiting.
Hopeful-z chapter 19 . 11/15/2014
I wish you continue this story. It is a very good pre story for fma, with consistent and believable story line. If it was finished it would probably be on my favourite list.
Passerby chapter 32 . 10/31/2014
I would just like to thank you for your two amazingly written stories. The timing, the details, the way it was written, the character development from Riza being the cheerful little girl in the prequel to the Riza now, who developed her stoic facade. Not to mention Roy's helpless little boy attitude to his growing confidence to the point of pleasing women. It was just a nice thing to see these characters grow up. I sometimes think your stories are canon just because they are en pointe with the details, from Riza's isolation from family, to Death of Riza's dad in Roy's presence etc. it's just so wonderful. I wished, at some point, Arakawa wrote a more detailed and explored more on the backstories of Roy and Riza. I certainly got that here already. THANK YOU. I hope someday you will chage your mind about leaving such a good story unfinished. But nonetheless, thank you for this. :)
Andelevion chapter 32 . 10/21/2014
I read this and it's prequel over the course of a single day and I'm terribly terribly upset at seeing such a wonderful story prematurely ended. It's sad, but you've made your decision so I shall respect it. I will hope that you might eventually pick this up again, but I will not be an idiot and idk rage on about how you should totes write more omg why are you doing this.

Thank you very much for writing what's there of this story.
Guest chapter 32 . 10/11/2014
I still come back to this story and check on it at least once a year, by far the best fullmetal story out there...and there is still so much for it to cover