Reviews for Prince of Nothing
Snowy Ptarmigan chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
This is probably one of my favorite Fire Emblem fanfics ever! It's written so beautifully and subtle at the same time. I especially love part when he's tracing her markings and talking about her scars. Truly superb to a crisp.

RafielxNailah is one couple I wish had a bit more background but it's still one of my favorites. :D
Beckon chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
All I have to say is that this story is the one thing that has influenced me the most for this couple; this story is really what started the fire. I didn't even know it was on here! I read it on livejournal a year or two ago, if I had known I would've reviewed it a lllooonnnggg time ago! How does this not have 100 reviews?

The details and interactions are absolutely breath-taking and you make the characters come to life. I personally would've loved to see more of their background together explained in the game but I think this story does that for all of us. This couple is just so... unique and interesting, it's hard not to be intrigued by them and you really brought that out. It feels like I can't properly explain how amazing this story is and how much influenced it served.

The ending is by far one of my favorite parts of the story. It's subtle and light but it says more than enough. It's short and sweet and to the point.

It may seem like a nerd moment here but this story really made the couple for me and it's what got me into them; you see so very few stories about them and I still question why. The fact that you reviewed one of my own Nailah/Rafiel stories... it's like getting feedback from a celebrity. Lol I know it sounds weird but this story was the building block of a lot of inspiration and influence. I just want to thank you for writing such an amazing piece of work.
SniperGYS chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Amazing and beutifull ... i hope more people write about Nailah and Rafiel, but is good to find an amazing fic like this :]
Dark Nemesis 7 chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Oooh, so good! I love the way you captured Rafiel and Nailah's personalities!
Mary Sue Militant chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
hm... I'm pretty sure that "etc" stands for "et cedere" other than that, I like the story alot
Shocked person chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
O_O This is the most amazing fire emblem fic I ever read!

I can’t even describe how happy it made me. I search forever for a Nailah and Rafiel fic and was disappointed in finding none. But I found one and it is greatest thing ever. I loved everything, and everyone was perfectly in character felt like reading something from the game. Your writing is such high quality. Honestly I was shocked to read something so good, with all the random pairings in this fandom. Thank you for this awesomeness.
Azure Teriques chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
It really is very wonderful. _
Blumpen chapter 1 . 1/6/2009

:D And a really good one too.

... O.o I looked at the end, and do I sense... RafielxNailah? :D Makes sense. They act really friendly in RD as well. Thanks for capturing that.

...Kudos to the writer, and they get my special Cupcakes.
Chaosmaiden07 chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
Wow, this is awasome! Please do another!
1472278 chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
A RafielxNailah fic, eh?

This is a first for me, and I've got to say this was written amazingly well. I liked the part where Nailah told Rafiel about all her scars, and how Nailah doesn't care a bit that Rafiel can't fly. And your descriptions of their caring actions towards each other said it all. Kudos!
zombiedog001 chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
D'Aw, I love it!

It's really hard for me to find stories over the couples I like. Although I was pretty sure Rafiel/Nailah were a given, seeing how they acted in the game.

Anyways, I loved the story! Especially how it goes through different parts and shows how they develop and get attatched to each other.

The ending almost got me though. It was so sweet.
Meelu the Bold chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
I really like this. I think what I like most is that the world, Hatari, on the other side of the desert feels real and aged and now that I've read this, I can't help but consider Hatari to be as you have written.
Kitsilver chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Oh, well done.

I know little of these characters except for the most essential details (which I looked up because of this) but it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the piece. It's well written with good flow, detail that is interesting and relevant, and characters that seem realistic.

Your description is impressive. It's detailed, but not too much so, and striking instead of trite. The markings that brushed her arms and legs "like ink or watercolor," adornments of gold but hair and fur of silver, the wolf queen "glinting like metal in the shade." Flowers with "petals that resembled wings" and others like butterflies or feathery moths. A tree with "long, paddle-shaped fronds" and "clusters of fruit spiraled around a heavy, drooping branch, green and brown." I can go on about the other details I like, like the robes of silk and gold patterned with "leaves and winter flowers, plum blossoms...and glory-of-the-snow." But this paragraph is long enough. Suffice it to say, description in fanfic often bogs down the prose with cliches and irrelevant detail. Yours paints an image that immerses the reader in that world. Yours is excellent.

As to the characters, I can't say for sure if they are true to canon since I don't know them well, but it feels right. I like Nailah's remark about wolvess climbing trees and the scar she received from trying to fly. I also like how Rafiel didn't believe her to be royalty at first because she didn't have the "strict reserve" that usually goes along with royalty. And I especially like how the bond between them is subtle and reserved, without mushiness or overblown gesturing, but real. "Does that make you mine, Rafiel?" as she smiles softly, is one of my favorite lines.

Really well done.
Silvara chapter 1 . 7/15/2008

I love you !

Thank you on thousand times ! xD

I can put it in my favs now, oh joy !

You can't possibly know how far my devotion for your pen is going... ;_; Ah, so much bliss in one day... I'll supply you a whole month of cookies ! I will, I will... !

(marry me!)
dont look at me you will die chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
I liked this. Rafiel and Nailah aren't written about very often so it was really nice to see a story about them. I really liked some parts like how Nailah talked about wolves climbing trees to make Rafiel feel more at ease and how she says they don't need wings because legs are good enough. Great work!