Reviews for Lone Flower
Mabra46268 chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
This was certainly an enjoyable fiction. One of the not so good points about the Bleach anime and manga is that there are so many interesting characters that you simply can't do justice to all of them. Juushirou Ukitake is a character that is not seen much in the manga. However your Juushirou Ukitake sounds much like I imagined him to be. Thank you for the oppurtunity to crawl inside his head.

I enjoyed Juushirou's dressing down of Cordelia. Frankly that was all she needed to start growing up. The fight against Dark Phoenix was well done as well. We got to see the extent of Juushirou's power. Something we have not yet seen in the manga.

The return to Sould Society was the best part of the fic. You managed to show the depth of Juushirou and Shunsui's friendship as well as panicked state of soul society in the aftermath of Aizen's betrayal.

I think the biggest problem with your story is that you tried to do too much. To start with in the Halloween section you needed knowledge of BtVS and Bleach, though that was a given considering this is a crossover. However you also needed knowledge of another anime series, Lovecraft, and Marvel comics to fully understand the story. I have to admit I had to look up Black Cat and Brian Lumley. Also, you introduced the concept of slayers and potential being created from fragments of a youkai. All in all it made for a complicated story that I had to read a couple times before I really understood it.

All in all, this and its sequel were a great stories. I look forward to more in the future.

P.S.

How did Juushirou manage to not see Aizen's shikai? Both Juushirou and Aizen were shinigami for ceturies.
Missed Nin chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Ooh, I like this fic. The details about Japanese culture and all the arcane monsters (yuki-onna and the ch'ing-shih, for instance) really added to the Halloween episode. There are a lot of crossovers based around that idea, but yours is one of the better ones by far. I like your descriptions, especially those of magic and the Slayer-spirit. There's something poetic and awesome about the sensation-based imagery: "the nettle-aura still prickling at his senses..." and all. Lovely :D

I don't know Train and I only have a vague idea about Phoenix, but the characters didn't bother me too much - it was readable enough knowing only the Buffy and Bleach cast. The action sequences were well-written and interesting, and characterisations seemed good. I liked the scene with Angel, (but that's mostly because I _dislike_ him), and I was amused by Juushirou fighting the 11th division. Zaraki Kenpachi makes all Bleachfic better. The idea that the Shinigami have just been ignoring Vampires is kind of unlikely, but you've done a good job of fitting the demon concept - the youkai - into Bleach without breaking either canon.

Well, thanks for a most entertaining fic!

MN
B.B. Rain chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Hm.

Good, like all your stuff. Liked the sequal too.

Giles' advice to Cordelia was nice.

"Never submit, and never compromise. Even in the face of Hell."

Very Rorschach.
Star Lin chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
*snickers* Poor Juushirou, very out of his elements but quickly caught onto what was going on. I love all of the crossovers that you have done for the Halloween night epsiode. I am curious about why the 46 have closed down all of the information on Sunnydale. *quickly heads off to read the next one*
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
You are the only writer who consistently tempts me beyond the RuroKen universe. Another mighty crossover. You amaze me with the wild ways you adapt things and weave them and make them work.
Lightwhispers chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Awesome! I loved the "O! A fight!"

The Slayer Spirit being a fractured wolf-youkai also makes sense... and when(if?) it finally gets free... things will become very interesting. A powerful Dire Wolf youkai who has experience with humans enough to maybe interact with them well, and kinda-sorta-(won't admit it, though)-likes her 'little sisters'... *grin*

Also, the change of inscription on the school is very appropriate. I like.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
If I didn't know for a fact that you'd already posted the sequel, I could almost hate you for the cliffhanger ending.

Though I was seriously confused the whole first part of the story (it took me far too long to realize exactly whose body Juushiro was inhabiting) after the Halloween aspect kicked in I got it and enjoyed it thoroughly. Loved the inclusion of the X-Men character. The Dark Phoenix saga was one of my favorites.

Now on to 'Petals In The Wind' (while trying to repress mental throwback to the V. books)
E.Tphonehome chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
This is realy good, i love your stories i got sucked in by one of your kenshin crossovers and got suckered in to reading almost all of your stories even though i'v never seen even one episode of most of the anime's and tv searies that you do crossovers for. They are just so well writen that they can be read as stories in their own right even if you dont know the characters they are using.

I love it its great and i hope you write heaps more.

_
LachwenII chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Shiny!

... the one-armed dog demon was Fluffy, wasn't it? Inuyasha's older brother? *snicker*

You mentioned the Makai, and I know its not an only-yyh place, but any chances of you crossing over YYH with this? Kurama and Hiei and Soul Society (not to mention that Yuusuke and Ichigo (or Kenpatchi /gg) would probably get along like a house on fire) would rock, if you did it.

As always, much worship for another amazing tale. Absolutely awesome - must reread your stories AGAIN (and again, and again, and again...) :P

Lachie
Bakageta chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
I am so happy that you've become interested in the bleach fandom. Right now I've been reduced to fangirl-happiness over the pure excellence that this fic is. All of your fics are well written, and in all of them you tie everything together so well, especially in the crossovers. And Jyuushirou and Shunsui, you've got their characters so well. I don't know much about Buffy and her crew, but I'm seriously considering checking it out as well. Regardless, you write them well enough that, except for small details, I don't need to know the show to understand their characters.

~Bakageta
Youko Rayah chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
o.O

*meep*

you crossed... and then brought in...

and ... damn.

Phoenix in Sunnyhell. our favorite long haired bishie captain with part of the Slayer Sperit in him? major "wow-damn"

and this:"Shame. Met an inu-youkai in the living world a few decades back. Cold bastard, but even with one arm we kicked each other's asses best I've had 'til Ichigo got hereā€¦."?

just pure shinny! I love Zaraki. and the thought of him and Fluffy-Sama (aka Seshomaru) going at it? glee worthy.

ant them going to the hellmouth? I forsee many bad things happening to the things that go bump (and crash, thud, owie) in the night.

nice. very nice!
Strumwulf chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Another excellent story. This is one of the best Halloween fics, I've read to date, and the Bleach crossover element made it even better.
Arkeus chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Very, very good work there!

Loving this XD!