Reviews for The Assassin in the Smoky Shadow
tanzar81 chapter 1 . 7/17
I liked it more than I thought. I was afraid with how shot it is that it would read as a rough draft or worse. As notes for a rough draft. But I was pleasantly surprised.

I would be very interested in reading a story about your Naruto teaching at the academy and finding his apprentice even if you don't go into him training him/her. Could be fun.
Reichenfaust chapter 1 . 4/18
This was really wicked. A true assassin in the Naruto world, and Naruto is trained as such. All of the deaths were excellently executed, truer words won't be spoken. But the final challenge lays ahead. Training a successor!
Rakaan chapter 1 . 2/16
Damn you write good stories!
Cersesi chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
I like it.
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
Nice story, though I don't understand why he keeps using the name 'Naruto' if he doesn't want Kakashi realize who he really is.
lord-kurama chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
Awesome story mate awesome story...
uwishuwerecool chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
loved this story soooooooooo much
Amidamaru88 chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
- small plothole : if the Hokage believed him dead in the attack then how does Naruto know his own name? no one told him that so how...
- so Kakashi and the Third see him and decide no he isn't the same Naruto?
- did Jiraya know who he was and decided not to train him?
- everything seemed to have gone far to easy for him during the missions
Navn Ukjent chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
Very nice story.
Griffygnus chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
Las chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
I love this story! More chapters, maybe?
its88notthathard chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I really like the story but I feel the Raikage isn't very well described in the story.
Sorasdream chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
Wow, Naruto as an Assassin kicks ass.

I do believe Naruto and his teacher are correct, that ninja's are definitely not the honed in their own so called techniques and they seem to lack a lot of common sense. It made so much sense how Naruto got rid of his clients, E and D rank techniques have never been so awesome!

We all know it, it's been said time and time again that Kakashi was a worthless teacher, that much was true. It showed in this story, and professed his true apathetic life realistically I think.
Ame no Kagaseo chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
Heheh, hundredth review! I remember reading and reviewing this story many years ago when I was a lurker.
It's been almost five-six years, and I suddenly remembered your name from browsing my memory.
A toast to the greatest writer I've ever had the opportunity of knowing. Wish you good luck wherever you are, DW.
Laconeko chapter 1 . 2/27/2014
So, for the first time (okay, not really the first time, I've read other stories by you but bear with me) we see an actual ninja in a story about 'ninja', and he disguises his proper-ninja-behaviour by going undercover as a normal-narutoverse-'ninja'.
His difficulty in training a successor is also something I find amusing.