Reviews for What You Need
08joanna chapter 7 . 7/21/2008
Yes, of course there had to be a chapter where a new cane was needed because House destroyed one "in anger and frustration." Very much in character, for both of them. I love that Wilson showed up in the ER at 1:00 am to check on him and bring him a new cane, and that House didn't want to give him the details of what happened. It's a perfect reflection of their relationship.
anitablakevampirehunter chapter 7 . 7/21/2008
Oh! I felt so sorry for House in this chapter! he just let Wilson think the worst of him - I know this is in character, but I really felt sorry for House! : (

Overall really excellent again!

VERNIE chapter 7 . 7/21/2008
I've been reading but am just now reviewing. I'm really enjoying your little ficlets and how every cane tells a story that lets us into his past and says something about his personality. Keep it up.
notlupus chapter 6 . 7/20/2008
Is that supposed to be the one he used in All In? Because the only other thing I can think of is Lucius Malfoy's cane in the Harry Potter movies.
anitablakevampirehunter chapter 6 . 7/20/2008
Enjoyed this chapter - House in his weird way has reached an acceptance of sorts! lol

Poor old Chase doing all that work on his lonesome! lol

anitablakevampirehunter chapter 5 . 7/20/2008
I liked this chapter as well - I thought that House trying to blend in was very accurate, trying to hide his cane. Really good chapter!

anitablakevampirehunter chapter 4 . 7/20/2008
Wow - I really liked this one. It seemed darker, and more serious, but very House like! I felt sorry for House in this chapter, and I can imagine this happening. Really, really good.

cryingblacktears chapter 5 . 7/19/2008
Wow! You update quick! I really liked this mini-chapter...very House-like that he bought it by accident...

This paragraph was my favourite:

"House knows he can't hide from everyone. Every step he takes makes it clear that he's a cripple, even if people never noticed the cane they'd see the way his body angles to one side. But it would be nice to think that every once in a while, maybe they wouldn't see it. Even just for a moment."

Very sweet and sad...

~CBT
cryingblacktears chapter 4 . 7/18/2008
awesome...I really like these little snapshots...they're very in-character...

~CBT
Cay13 chapter 4 . 7/18/2008
I really like this story, it is a very original idea. Maybe one way House tracks his post-infarction life is by which cane he used. You are an excellent writer and I have enjoyed all of your stories.
rocks and glass chapter 4 . 7/18/2008
This is good, nice little interesting snapshots of House's life at different stages/canes. looking forward to more.
notlupus chapter 3 . 7/17/2008
Classic House!
anitablakevampirehunter chapter 3 . 7/17/2008
Lol - classic House move - an exorcism of Stacy! I liked all the double agent stuff - and the fact taht HOuse, without a thought to everyone in the hospital, called a 911! lol

Really good - looking forawrd to more!

The Flaming Dragonfly chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Oh, this is nice. I really like your explanation of his using the cane on the "wrong" side. Beautiful language.
08joanna chapter 2 . 7/16/2008
These are great so far (not unexpected, of course, coming from you), but I'm wondering if you meant for this cane with the gently curving handle to be the same as the one House starts using towards the end of S1, when he shows up at Cameron's door to get her to return and she says "new cane" and he says something like "vertical stripe; it's slimming." At the start of S1 he had a different one, also dark wood but without the gracefully curving handle, and it seems weird that he'd go back to "Stacy's cane" (if indeed it wasn't new when he started using it on the show) at that particular point in time. But, regardless of which one you meant, the idea that Stacy would buy him a good-looking cane, and that he'd want to use it but also not want to give her the satisfaction, is right on the money and an interesting manifestation of their troubled relationship at that point.
48 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »