Reviews for The Truth About Stamford
Rat chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Super cute. I love this idea. I wonder what Sherlock deduced about it and what his inner thoughts may be to the situation?
sckid chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
This is absolutely hilarious.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Great reunion with Stamford. I liked the part where Holmes was inpatient to get down to The Yard.
Marie Nomad chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
This was a pretty good story. I liked Stamford and how that he tried to create revenge but failed. The description was pretty good.

But, I wanted to see more about how Stamford saw Holmes as a nutjob. Maybe make him think about some of Holmes' antics in the lab. It just needs that much more.

But, I do like the idea and it is original. Nice job.
KP chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
This was hilarious, and I don't mind the un-Victorian writing. Really. :) I could see Stamford doing this, as well. Oh, this made my toes curl. Thank you.
Ennairam Atrum Austerus chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
That was really funny! :)

I can just see him doing this: Stamford groaned and buried his face in the menu

That really maked me laugh XD

My compliments!

Sincerely,

Marianne
bcbdrums chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
LOL! watson's rugby build... i'm swooning ;)

that is by far my favorite version of the stamford story. absolutely delightful my dear!
aragonite chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Watson might have gone barmy, he thought, but at least he seemed happy about it. Surely all this broke some sort of law of physics.

OK...that is just...genius. Sheer, mad, wicked genius. Keep writing!
Bowen Cates chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
ha ha! that was great! I liked the ending espessially.
Protector of the Gray Fortress chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Hilarious, I always thought that Stamford's objections were half hearted!

The last sceen was perfect, with both Watson and Holmes being there, totally normal for all of us ut not for poor old stamford. hee hee.

Nicely done.
KaizokuShojo chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
LOL

A very nice answer to the prompt, indeed! XD

Great work. :)
pebbles66 chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Oh, this was wonderful! I love that Stamford told Watson about Holmes as revenge - yet it turned out to be one of the best partnerships ever. And Stamford was a little afraid of Watson hitting him!

*I was waiting for Penelope to be charmed by Watson* LOL!
The Fool's Hope chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Squee! I love this! And I am SO glad you did it! I was hoping someone would do a "Stamford-has-a-score-to-settle-with-Watson" version-I was on the verge of it myself, but I couldn't think of a reason why ANYONE wouldn't like Watson! You did an excellent job of giving Stamford a very plausible reason. And the last little moment between him and his fiancee was perfect XD Excellent job! :)
xravenscroftx chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
That was hilarious! Wonderful job!

"'What charming gentlemen!' Penelope exclaimed. 'You really should introduce me to more of your friends, Henry.'" LOL!
KCS chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Oh, how lovely! As in, I love it! Heh, poor old Stamford, his revenge totally ruined.

"Holmes had learned to get along with another human being? Watson could stand him? They actually enjoyed each other’s company?"

-Ah, the greatest mystery of them all. :D

Loved it - and you can pick and choose the prompts; I for one won't care if they're all as amusing as this one was!