Reviews for The Emperor of Death, Destruction, and Despair
outtabreath chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Whew. I was tearing up there for a minute...but there's nothing like a little faked death and banter to bring a smile to my face.
humanthesaurus chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
well, since you asked...at first I thought for Ironman, & then I thought for privacy, but THEN I thought it was to stop making weapons...because I think he would like the shock-value of the un-charicteristic-ness of that reason.
BlueArcticWolf chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
After reading this story, I have come to several conclusions. It would make perfect sense for them to stage Tony's death. That way, he can continue as Ironman without anyone suspecting him. Or, so that Tony himself can have some sort of peace without being expected to carry on the legacy left to him. Perhaps he and Pepper with run away together to live in the Carribean or the Bahamas or Alaska... But most of all it seems to me that Tony will someday make a miraculous (grand) reentry into the world and bask in the shock factor he has created. these are my theories, take them as you will. This was great, hope to see more stuff from you soon!

-Wolf
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Oh wow! You got veryy tricky there at the end! I love the image of the yellow heels and the use of italics to slip the truth in. My guess is for Ironman's sake.
carpeeffingdiem chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Very sexy and amusing.

Tony's death was prolly staged b/c working as Ironman AND Tony Stark took up too much time that could've been spent tearing apart Pepper's clothing ;)

And I like how Rhodey was included in this fic. He's so darn funny and lovable.

Hope you write more Ironman fics in the future :)
Starkreactor chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Very nice, glad he really isn't dead, that would have sucked.
Emmy-Chan chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
I'm definately going to go with "for shits and giggles."

because seriously, this is tony we're talking about.
BatmansBabe chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
This was wonderful. I love the style, the way you've got their conversations littered throughout, the fact that Pepper's being treated like some mourning widow.

As far as why they're staging his death...I'm going with it's to flush out some evil mortal enemy by lulling him into a comfort zone. Or, you know, so he and Pepper can have lots and lots of anonymous makeout sessions wherever they want. Have some kid come up to them and say "Dude, you look exactly like Tony Stark! Can I take a picture with you. Man, my friends will never believe this!"

Thanks for this!
Cuits chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
I really loved this.

I paticulary liked the bits of dialogue in between sentenses wich are so totally in character that I want to marry them and bear all their childs.

Seriusly read almos anything and everything out there that is tony/pepper but it pains me to say that only a very small percentage is good fanfic and yours is pretty damn good.

Great job! please, pretty pretty please, keep writing
larazzledazzle chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
this was a good vignette, but i'm not a big fan of morbidness and it's depressing to think the mansion & his workshop is damaged/destroyed b/c it's a key background for their world. you mentioned another story in pepper's speech about how they met (him saving her) and i read the first ch of that story, but as far as i know the author never wrote any more ch's. if they did please let me know.
tamasit1 chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
They staged his death because to many people were after him. He and Pepper are going to an island that does not allow clothes to live happily ever after, lol. Ok, that is my dream of being with Tony, but hey it works. You did a great job with the memories, very Tony and Pepper. I liked that he had her wear the yellow heels. I could see Tony pulling something like that.
ASiriuslyGleekyTimeLord chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
I just know that my heart pretty much stopped when I realized it was a funeral for Tony. I'm like, no! Good story, I like it!

SiriusDoctorWhoHoney329

P.S. Would you consider doing a sequel wtih the reason why they had to stage a funeral? Just curious.
Redlioness62 chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
I was a little scard there for a moment. So tell us, why did he stage his 'death'?
the 85th writer chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
M. had me going for a bit there.I actually scrolled up and checked the damn category and was totally ready to quit reading if I saw Angts or Tragedy there :P

But woohoo, Tony lives! As to the theory, I dunno. Maybe SHIELD went all antsy on him. Maybe he just got sick of being Iron Man and wanted to be plain old Tony Stark for a bit. Oh no wait... Plin Tony Stark is an oxymoron right?

Why don't you just write up a fic and tell us? ;)
chocolatemooses chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Why hasn't there been at least a hundred reviews for this? This story made me say 'aw', 'WTF!', 'yea', and 'woo'. I really loved it, although you did worry me for a moment, i really thought he died. I especially loved how Tony requested that she wear yellow heels to his funeral. Superb, please write more Iron Man fanfics, with sugar on top.