Reviews for The Journey of Aang
This is absolutely beautiful! I can literally feel aang's pain in these two chapters, his inwrmost thoughts, exactly how he would think! Not many people write that kind of stuff so I'm soooooooo glad u did. Excellent job, you should be proud. You must add more chapters, such as in the desert :)
Eleanor the great chapter 2 . 10/28/2010
That was gorgeous! I really loved the idea of showing what Aang was thinking, thankyou very much for writing this - keep up the exquisite work
arizony chapter 2 . 10/28/2008
I like the way you are adding just that little bit extra to each part of the story, to let us know more about what happened, in your view, to help tell the story a little more fully.
my trancey inspiration chapter 2 . 10/22/2008
Your grasp of Aang's character is staggering. Like you wrote his part yourself. Wonderful.

I always liked this particular episode, even through Aang's sadness, because Sokka and Katara realized that they were exactly where they were supposed to be: with Aang.

I really liked how Aang totally kicked Zuko's butt in this episode he blasts him out of the well, followed by the water and himself, and then lands all suave-like with the water showering around him, Katara's necklace in hand. EPIC
Canada Cowboy chapter 2 . 10/5/2008
Thought-processes fics are often hard to do, because they only tend to stay inside one character's head and rarely if ever involve anything "exciting" or entertaining. They usually get branded as dry and boring, but I certainly disagree with that statement, considering how interesting this fic is so far.

I like how you had gone into sequences that the show didn't reveal. Having Aang feel the destruction of his temple (even though in the show, he supposedly left before the Fire Nation attacked) or letting him "wallow in his guilt" with Bato was unique, as it offered us a new POV as to what's going through his mind. I personally think it'd be more powerful if you involved other elements outside of his brain into the chapters, just to complement the situation. That way, you add an additional description level that builds upon what you already have.

For example, in this chapter, you could have described the ocean and the lighting around it. If you intended it to be day, then place him on the spot and make him look isolated; if it's night, then engulf him in the darkness so that he looked like he's the villain. If you did that, it'll make the story just that much more powerful.

BTW, I'm going to really keep an eye on your story, because I actually plan on doing something like that. I want to go into the thoughts of each character, not just Aang, and see what their thoughts are like when they go through their lives and grow up. I think I can really get a good feel of how to do that, and thank you for inspiring me.
Invaderk chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Aw, that is so tragic. Poor Aang.
Avatarfanx2 chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
An interesting begining! I hope to see more of this! :-)
Writer for the Tylwyth Teg chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Yes, thank you. It's about time someone did something like this from Aang's point of view. Very, very good so far. I love Aangst, much to everyone's dismay. xD I'll be watching this! _