Reviews for Puppet
gossamer - glass chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Oh my goodness, this was awesome.

I love the confusion of the names - I think that is very realistic, and I think that you nailed the whole post-battle angst thing without turning it into wangst.

Max II is completely in character, down to the fact that she *knows* that she is being tracked - something that the 'original' Max would be too slow to pick up on.

And as for the whole killing Jeb? Well, it's something I could picture her doing, but with her level of . . . companionship (I hope this is the right terminology . . .) with the whitecoats, I would expect more worrying about it, even though he is talking about her with no care about her life.

Speaking of Jeb, what do you mean "Resurrect"? Are you saying that he did die when he left the Flock behind before The Angel Experiment? Because that sounds plausible, but a bit too far-fetched.

I love her affection for Lukas, and, at the same time, her recognition of how she has to put him behind her. Max doesn't do that - she'll wangst about how it will hurt if she has to, then she goes ahead and continues on doing what she's doing.

Bottom Line: This was a wonderful portrayal of a character that doesn't get the spotlight proportionate to her backstory and role - I wish I could favorite it several dozen times to show my appreciation.

Keep writing,

Project Aero
Jessavi chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Max II, I think, has a stronger grip on reality than the first Max. Max I doesn't really know that much about the School, whereas Max II knows everything. I personally like this Max better than the original.
Pray for me. Pray chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
oh poor max II...that was good angst. And I see Jeb from a different point of view, and understand max II's logic. And Jeb was resurrected before?