Reviews for Final Fantasy: Returning Hope
FictionFanVI chapter 13 . 4/17/2014
This chapter was really great! Your descriptions of Zozo were really cool, too. Keep up the awesome work! I hope you update soon!
MoogleTerra chapter 12 . 1/28/2014
THIS CHAPTERRR. Oh my, this was great too! I can't wait to see how you write Jidoor and Zozo. Really! I'll be keeping an eye out for your next updates! I know I've said this before, but really, you have done a wonderful job writing this novelization.
MoogleTerra chapter 11 . 1/28/2014
This was such an intense chapter! I really enjoyed how you handled the battle and Kefka is an absolute monster, holy crap. You really have a talent for drawing readers in and working emotions! That's all I have to say for now, other than that I'm really enjoying reading this novelization! Great job!
MoogleTerra chapter 10 . 1/28/2014
Oh my goodness, this chapter was so great! It was super fun to read, especially the part on the Phantom Train. I really like how you described the ghosts and the way the spirits were herding them. Also, I like that you showed how Interceptor was frightened the entire time. It makes a lot of sense because I've always heard that animals can sense things humans cannot. Also Gau made me laugh so much, so wonderful job writing him! This is my favorite chapter so far. I can't wait to see how you handle everything else that happens in the game! (I'm really surprised to see that nobody has reviewed this chapter. It's so fun to read.) Well, n to the next chapter! :D
MoogleTerra chapter 3 . 1/26/2014
Hello there! I'm really enjoying your novelization so far! You write in a very mature way, and I really like the way you're presenting the story! Now on to the next chapter :)
Alhma chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
This looks promising! As well, you're even keeping it updated unlike many others I've seen. Time to read! :) I'll most likely leave a review after I've caught up. xD
strangestquiet chapter 6 . 2/20/2010
f you've been holding out on us! ;v; *shakes fist!*

Argh, I love the explanation you've provided for Sabin's techniques. Like so much of what you've already written, it's just something I've never really given much thought to before. It's always really weird in stories where people are all like "MAGIC NO WAI" when they can do equally weird and amazing things, so I was really happy to see you break down Sabin's Blitz ability like that. Neat little details like this really go a long way to fleshing out the bare bones of the game script. :D

TERRA NO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING, HE WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU A GENJI GLOVE YOU FOOL

Xesphanite chapter 3 . 10/6/2009
yay! you updated! i was in class when i realized you updated and i promptly read it right then and there 8D keep up the good work! i really like the way the story's shaping up and all. Can't wait for the next one! Thanks and good luck :)
strangestquiet chapter 5 . 10/5/2009
You know... it somehow never occured to me that the house outside South Figaro and the house north of Narshe where you find Duncan in the WoR were the same house. I guess I always must have thought Sabin was just mooching in some random house he found. Wow.

Ah, I love impatient!Edgar. 3 He's a good king, and crafty when he wants to be, but it's nice to see his protective older ("older", I guess) brother side too. That part of him that cares so much for Sabin that he'd rig a coin toss to give him what he wanted, without letting him lose any face. Awesome. :3

And even though it was a little different from the game, I loved the journey up the mountain! In game logic I never even really thought twice about just... climbing up a mountain, even though that would be so freaking difficult to actually do. Not to mention dangerous, which you got across so well here. :D Ah I'm super into this now... MUST PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN. Or have you write more. Even though NaNo's coming up, so I guess I shouldn't hold my breath. XD3
Xesphanite chapter 4 . 6/27/2009
Oh wow. I found the story to be awesome! I liked how you described the characters and the setting very much, especially how you portrayed Terra! She rocks. :D Hope you update soon!
Lockea Stone chapter 4 . 4/5/2009
Wow... Amazing!

Okay, yes, I know you posted this chapter some few weeks ago, but I very rarely go looking for FF6 fan fiction, and even more rarely do I read the novelizations.

But this novelization is amazing! It stands out so much from the other ones for reasons I can't quite point out. I think it may be your character-centric storytelling style and the way you bring out Terra's voice as our fragmented and confused narrator. You have an excellent mix of actual story telling and artistic reinterpretation to keep me, a long time Final Fantasy VI fan, interested in the story, but still retain the essence of the story for someone who has never played the game.

I am really looking forward to more!

Lockea
Anaiya chapter 2 . 1/21/2009
You probably abandoned this story long ago, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed what you have of it. Everything is a rather refreshing spin. The description and characterizations are amazingly well done!
Agent00Latin chapter 2 . 8/2/2008
Very good first chapter, I hope youre able to do what alot of writers have yet to do - finish the story. Youre writing shows a maturity and readability that alot of fan fic writers lack, so I personally would like to see yours all the way to the end. Thanks
fffan231 chapter 2 . 8/1/2008
Hello. I believe the correct way to send a story to a Beta Reader is with a DocX document, but it seems a task unknown or unfavorable to some. It is simply for people who wish to have their work read and improved before posting.

But for you, I didn't find it all that necessary.

To see that this story has been posted for approximately two weeks and has received no reviews is beyond me. Along with very few spelling errors, you're descriptive choice of words and fashion of beautiful sentences is pleasing me as a reader. You know just how to choose words and put them together in a sentence that can describe a scene or person well, yet you use a limited amount of words, keeping the story informative, interesting, but simple. I've found myself prone to wanting longer description, but your writing fashion makes it unnecessary.

Although I am a large fan of Final Fantasy, I have not played VI all the way through. But this story seems one I would most enjoy reading all the way through, as it is one of the few well-written stories on . My only issues with continuing are the M rating and the warning of gore and intense language. I carefully avoid stories such as those by choice, as I cannot enjoy them when I find myself cringing at the use of too much of it, but how you write your work is up to you. I just won't be able to promise I will finish reading this promising story.

You'll be glad to know I found very few errors. There were about two incidents where I found the word 'thought' in place of 'though,' but that is an easy and common mistake. Just be sure to proof-read you're chapters before posting. If you already have, well done. Other than that, no noticeable or important spelling errors were found. You're grammar is beautiful, as I find each sentence fashioned well and keeping my eyes on the screen. Some stories are put together so badly I find myself quitting after reading one sentence. Luckily, this was not one such instance. As I said, although I am extremely used to long description, the beautiful grammar is enough to keep this long enough for me. I was well informed on the appearance of an area or character, making an image of it all quite simple. Overall, I was very pleased with this piece :).

I cannot promise I will continue because of the pre-determined gore and language, but at least know that not reading this to the end will be painful, as it seems very promising and has caught my attention well. Thank you for choosing me as a Beta Reader, I hope my first real Beta Review was up to snuff, and keep up the good work!