Reviews for Averse Odium
UslessEpiphany26 chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
um im sorry but this kinda scares me. its interesting but it really scares me. when des this take place? after port angles in twilight or before?
SouthrnBelle chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
ha OK I must be a sicko for loving seeing my favorite character in danger...boo on me ;) But I'm surprised how much I liked this story. I initially assumed I would be completely turned off because you had Edward as the villain - but I must compliment you and your writing and say that in some far off dimension - this story felt plausible...irregardless of how OOC Edward was. In actuality, that almost made the story MORE intriguing. I almost felt like I was missing some crucial piece of the "back story". My mind kept thinking about the awful torture Buffy went through when Angel was transformed to Angelus. (yep...PS - total subject/story change...I'll be reverting back to your story/the actual series in reference in a moment. Did I mention I am totally ADD?):) The scene you wrote seemed like something Edward would do to Bella if he had somehow had the same thing done to him...and lost his soul. (I'm seriously praying you watch/watched Buffy...because if not - I'm sure I have TOTALLY confused you. Just in case - I'm complimenting you with this review.) :)I would LOVE it if you wrote a sequel to this story (I guess what I'm thinking about would be called a "sequel"...) but told everything from Bella's point of view. Her entire world (physically, mentally...) is literally being ripped apart by the one and only person she thought she could trust and love. I couldn't imagine what was going through her mind. Just a thought :) (PLEASE CONSIDER WRITING THAT!) I'm ashamed that I've resulted in begging you. I'll stop now. So...uh, yeah. That was pretty good. I kinda liked it. If you...couldn't tell or anything. :) I'm looking forward to hoping reading more from you soon? :) Thanks
yankeerose chapter 2 . 2/7/2009
I really enjoy dark themed stories. Yours is excellent.
Vampire-to-B chapter 2 . 2/4/2009
oh how sad.

well in response to the response you gave me, yes it was good, it just made me sad you know...very very dark fic.
Vampire-to-B chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
...

that's all I have to say.
Aeromance chapter 2 . 1/29/2009
Before I actually give my review I should say a few things.

I am one of those people who reads rape fics, I am one of those people who review and say 'This is so dark, and I can't help but love it!’ I am, by no means, a moral and righteous person. I am no better than anybody else and it is not for me to say what types of vile cruel acts are just crossing a line.

I highly disagree with your basic policy 'If you don't have anything fairly nice to say or you’re against my type of literature, shut the fuck up.' That's not what writing is about. You should want everyone's view points. What you should discourage is just a plain old flame that doesn't actually point anything out other than the reviewer's ignorance. The whole point of reviews is for 'not nice' things to be said. If we all just showered you with love and roses there would no point. To be a writer you really have to get used to the negative reviews and also try to use them to improve your writing.

I believe myself to be a very honest, open reader and reviewer. I will give you praise where you deserve praise and I will not hesitate to point out negative too. I don't believe I've ever written a 'flame', but I review, withholding nothing.

You do certainly deserve to be praised for certain aspects of your story. I honestly applaud you for not being afraid to go into a dark subject matter; I'm not applauding you for necessarily venturing into this particular subject matter, but I think you shouldn't be afraid to put your ideas out there. You also write wonderfully. You really have a great way to describe a scene and make me feel every emotion of the story. Its a gift and you should be proud! You definitely have a way with characters; not that I'm applauding you for your portrayal of Edward, but we'll get to that later. You didn't half ass it, though. I do believe I may have written my first flame if you would have. If you're going to create a dark horrific version of a beloved book character, you do it thoroughly and fully. Which is exactly what you did. You decided to make Edward an entirely different person and went through with it, which is an accomplishment in of itself.

Now, to the negative. I looked up the translation for 'Averse Odium' and it said the translation was more or less 'repulsive hatred'. That seems about exactly what I feel towards the Edward of this story. Of course I hate him though, he killed Bella. I really can’t ever see Edward doing that. This is probably the most OOC I’ve ever read Edward. Its pushing it for me when they have a Edward that’s a player, or when Edward is a little too un-sweet and Edward like in a cannon story. You can’t imagine how much this story just blew me away. I could see, maybe, if Edward really went completely crazy that he would reason that he should just kill Bella now so that she won’t become a vampire (and thus go to hell) or she won’t go through a painful death, but I can never, ever see him doing that. Not raping her. I just can’t see that happening. Here’s the line for me between possible crazy and just plain OOC . Its very simple. Quick pity kill morbid but slightly possible fanfiction. Rape of any kind OOC! I really enjoy the way you write but I can’t see where you possibly pulled this Edward out of Stephenie’s Edward. Another slight flaw in your story would be his logic, but I guess your whole reasoning is that he’s bonkers; so I guess this reason is kinda pointless, but I will point it out nonetheless! Edward doesn’t believe he’ll go heaven, and he’s still unsure he’ll even go to hell. So, how does he make the connection that he’ll be with her for eternity? She didn’t do anything to go to hell, and even if she did, he wasn’t sure that he would be joining her. Again, all of these arguments can be destroyed by your catch all ‘Edward’s just gone crazy in this story. You’re wrong, I’m right’ reason. The fact remains that you should really tack on an ‘OOC’ to the end of that story, because that’s what made me read it. I was wondering “How is she going to possibly have Edward rape Bella without it being OOC?” I got my answer; no one could possibly do that. I really would like you to reply and fully explain your logic of Edward’s mind. Because he doesn’t love her the way he used to. I’m going to make a HUGE concession here and possibly assume there was someway he could rape her and still not be outlandishly OOC. He wouldn’t want to see her terror and pain, it would be a ‘I’m doing this because I know you want it’ rape. Even that’s pushing it. But he enjoyed the pain; he wouldn’t let her enjoy the sex. Its all just so wrong.

You know, all this said, if you wouldn’t have clearly and obviously ended it at chapter two and I saw that you updated it, I would have continued reading. This is how people are made; controversy. I won’t hold it against you for stepping out of the box, for trying to be unique. It just didn’t work out. I don’t believe Edward would ever be that far gone that he could honestly do those things.

I really hope you don’t write this off as a flame and block me, or send m black this huge mean horrible message. I’m not trying to hurt you, I’m just giving my input, my feedback, something that is a gift.

The very saddest part of this whole ordeal; this isn’t even the worst fanfic I’ve read concerning Edward’s OOC-ness. He didn’t even really rape her in this other one I was reading. He just used her time and time again. The author basically took all his negative flaws and multiplied them by ten, then took all of his positive ones and threw nine tenths of him in the garbage.

Sorry, I’m rambling. This is about you. I encourage you to keep writing, and keep trying out whatever tickles your fancy, because this is ultimately about you. Your writing is for you. You’re obviously not making money from fanfiction. This one was just a little on the disturbing side. It really caught me off guard because pretty much all your other ones seem nice enough.

I’d really love to hear back from you and hear your feedback on my feedback. By the way; I am definitly subscribing to you to see what else you come out with!

Much fanfic love,

Chance

(Longest review, I've ever written!)
It's Lyrically Insipid chapter 2 . 1/29/2009
Good follow-up! It was great because it explained the alice thing and gave a look into his crazy mind! Really good story i liked it and as i said before it was good for me to read.

Awesomely written and well thought out about why edward would do it. Mine focusses more on why bella didn't wnat it rather than why edward did it but i really loved the crazy psyche you gave him.

Great one shot :)
It's Lyrically Insipid chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
I liked it! It was really good for me to read because i am working on a fanfic where edward rapes bella but it isnt a oneshot. It will be my first fanfic so this was good for me to read.

I like the way you did it. My edward is different but its still good to see your take on it. I have been looking for an edward rape fanfic for ages but couldnt find one so decided to write my own then came across this!

Very well written and it wasnt just crazy rape sex, you actually gave edward a crazed psyche which is cool. Nice work :)
Chantelle chapter 2 . 1/15/2009
seriously depressing but also really good. i loved it even though i cried
Guest chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
This is very differnt from any other FF i've read. It wasn't exactly my taste but it was well written. Good Job. One thins that could have made it better would have had a little of Bellas POV. Like at the end see how she is feeling, but other wise it was really good. Fantastic writing.
OlaMarmota chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
the caring side of me is appalled.

but the sadistic side of me loves this story.

and frankly, its just really good.

SweetlyDesolated chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Whoa! I wasnt expecting that at all! Even with that, I love the start and cant wait to read what happens next; I rarely see something where Edward is the villain...

Moony
grf chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
I really enjoyed reading this. You are an extremely good writer!
xx-intothewind chapter 2 . 12/15/2008
Wow, that was really frightening. Touchy subject, but I think you handled it brilliantly.
OtterInTheHat chapter 2 . 12/9/2008
You''re not on deviantart anymore and I'm hopelessly addicted to your work so i came to find you here. This piece is amazing. the best thing I have ever read. no lie. its so wonderfully dark...I just can't even begin to describe how amazing it is!
128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »