Reviews for Innocent, Vigilant, Ordinary
Lauz1 chapter 15 . 8/20/2008
Firstly I just want to thank you for updating so speedily after your vacation and I hope you had a lovely time.

Secondly, what a wonderful chapter. The pace of your fiction is really refreshing, it's moving at a steady pace keeping time and making sure that nothing is left behind.

Jacob is the epitome of her first love; he's her best friend, he's loyal, he's everything that he should be and yet he's not enough because it's not a two way street. Bella's never been presented anything other than unattractive Mike Newton's and in waltzes this extrodinarily beautiful and gifted young man who she connects with on a completely higher level. It's like a breath of fresh air.

I cannot wait for more Edward/Bella moments and also for the Jacob/Bella, haha, never thought I would say that.

Please continue ASAP. Your story is my kind of heroin.
Radish Earrings17 chapter 15 . 8/19/2008
I love love LOVE your story! How does it have so few reviews? After reading way too many Twilight rehashes/outlandish plots I began to lean towards all human which became repetitive but your story is a perfect balance! It maintains the essence of the characters but I can't easily predict exactly how your story will go which is refreshing in the fanfic world! I was so sad after reading it all in one go to see you were away but now you’re back! I must admit that part of me was hoping this chapter would have Jacob wolfing out after being around Edward, leaving Bella alone and confused and pushing her into a certain pair of cold, ripped arms ;-) Please update soon!
darcy13 chapter 15 . 8/19/2008
Amusing simile—“the way his eyes drooped like a basset hound’s” You have quite a few really descriptive and entertaining similes in this chapter.

“I was annoyed.” Liquid courage AKA truth serum strikes again.

How can something that causes one to be euphoric necessarily be a reason to call it a mistake? “an in-the-flesh reminder that my entire evening had been a mistake despite and possibly because of the euphoria I’d felt for the past two hours…” It makes you wonder if Bella has had much euphoria in her life. Contentment is not euphoria. Happiness is not joy.

Should we have to self-censor with our “best” friends? “I usually censored even in my own inner monologue.” Isn’t that what best friends or soul mates are for—sharing our true selves?

Great line—“I’d been a middle-aged woman who took care of those she loved.” But has she ever taken care of herself? And not just taking teenage risks, being silly, and having fun, but really done something just for herself? Because SHE wanted something? In the Twilight series the character of Bella willingly sacrifices her own happiness for the happiness of those she cares about. Their pain is her pain, so when she is the one who inflicts the pain by being selfish she can hardly bear it. You have perfectly mirrored this character in your AU.

This line has such a ring of truth to it—“I had fallen so deeply into my own selfishness that Jacob’s pain irritated me.” Because she hurts Jacob with the truth she sees herself as selfish. Yet what about his comments at her birthday dinner? Does she see Jacob as selfish when he says those things? No. It’s classic Bella. In Twilight Bella’s first selfish action is in wanting Edward and then in needing him more than anything else in her life. Goodness knows the havoc her guilt wreaks in Eclipse.

Beautifully stated—“When we were at dinner for my birthday, you acted as if I couldn’t do it; that I was afraid, or at least too loyal to ever do anything that would hurt you. But I have to know what it feels like to put something up to chance. I have to be selfish. Just this once.” I’m so proud of her for grabbing at the brass ring.

I never could picture the character of Bella settling down in Forks or La Push regardless of the AU. In the beginning of Twilight she imagines going to college somewhere warm and with palm trees. You confirm it here—“Suddenly, I couldn’t picture anything in our future that didn’t involve picket-fenced lawns in La Push. My heart began to race as if my body were running the last leg of a marathon; I was exhausted.”

Even in this AU where they are boyfriend/girlfriend (romantically involved) they have a very sibling-like relationship. Little heat or passion. More comfort and familiarity.

You are doing a marvelous job with the characterization in this AU. You’ve nailed it perfectly.
sdfwekjfnsdfnafkdnaerkfank chapter 15 . 8/19/2008
great chapter! update soon please!
JennaB82 chapter 14 . 8/12/2008
This is such an excellent fic!

Your originality is so refreshing with the angle you've decided to take on it.

Very much looking forward to reading more...
Lauz1 chapter 14 . 8/10/2008
...As if you left it there?

Someone should haul you off to jail where the only thing you would drink would be rusty coloured water! I mean honestly, what a cliff hanger :)

I loved this chapter. The writing is still superb and I love te interactions between Edward and Bella. Dare I say it for possible public lashing, but I love your version of Bella a teeny bit more than SM's!

Have an excellent holiday, don't get too Bella-like and fall off a dock after having one too many mai-tais and please continue as soon as you get back.

Loyal reader

Laura
NatTheHippieChild chapter 14 . 8/8/2008
awesome, really i love reading this, can't wait for next chapter
Bellacullen1901 chapter 14 . 8/8/2008
I love this story so much. I'm sorry that I haven't reviewed before. Please update soon!
darcy13 chapter 14 . 8/8/2008
Great chapter. I hope Bella's self-confidence grows and that she doesn't allow her fear to limit her opportunities. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I hope she's strong enough to stand up to the tirade she is sure to face from jealous Jacob now. You have to ask yourself why he holds on so tight. The answer is pretty obvious.

Enjoy no internet and have a mai tai for me!
eamc-bmsc chapter 14 . 8/8/2008
WOW! this is really good and i hope the next chapter will be up soon!
DevineZ chapter 14 . 8/8/2008
oh that was awesome... and sweet... and just really cool.. lol... I wanna have a vampire boy to flirt with damn it! *pout* hehe.. have fun on your vacation :)
searchingforstories chapter 14 . 8/8/2008
This is really creative. I like your approach to this story.
alecheve chapter 13 . 8/8/2008
haha I loved this chapter cause its totally Bella like to never let go something so silly like: “You’re just not the type to do something crazy… You’re smart and sensible.” and I love the gold retriever thing it was funny!

And Bella drunk!

And you have another chapter !

Im gonna review that one after... cause I gotta go right now

I loved your chapter :)
Howardgirls2003 chapter 14 . 8/8/2008
Great chapter. Edward is dead sexy, and drunk Bella is amusing!
Vicky Connolly chapter 7 . 8/8/2008
chapter "Shakespeare" was amazing and I love your story!
5,709 | « Prev Page 1 .. 368 375 376 377 378 379 380 .. Last Next »