Reviews for The Passing of the Chosen One
Shelomit chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
Obi-Wan listening to the cockpit recording is a nice touch, neatly paralleling the canon narrative. In both cases, Obi-Wan cannot keep himself from seeking out the truth, but finds only sorrow in it.

And then there are the comforters of Job. It is half-amusing how Vos and Windu are both equally insensitive, in different ways. Palpatine, on the other hand, has only one line, and yet it is so carefully manipulative. Like Vos and Windu, his words grate against Kenobi's grief, but in a way that subtly suggests commiseration, rather than lack of understanding. The statement that "he hated the cold so" reveals that Palpatine too was attuned to the quirks of personality that must be so familiar to Obi-Wan, and for which his fellow Jedi likely cared less than nothing. It is, to the observer, a tentative reaching-out, and Obi-Wan meets the Chancellor halfway. Of course, nothing Palpatine does is as it seems, and that line leads one to wonder exactly what part Kenobi may play in his readjusted plans.
Uncapped Ink chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
*gasp* This is so ridiculously sad. I hate you a little bit for making me cry over Pappa Palpatine.
Estora chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
I've read this story three times over already, and each time it just keeps getting better! It's so terribly poignant, but executed perfectly. The scene with Obi-Wan and Palpatine was truly chilling. I don't know if you intended it this way, but I almost got the sense that Palpatine was putting on a show for Obi-Wan in the hopes of drawing him in over mutual grief for Anakin.

I really loved this story. Thanks for writing!

Estora
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
A great story. Very good.
Barranca chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
This is certainly different. And you have managed to make simple comfort scene so ominous, I wonder if Sidious has already a new apprentice in mind. A very unexpected turn, I like :)
Kyer chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
I don't understand the other reviews for this. Honestly had to check the date to make sure it wasn't a very old offering.

Am I the only one who remembers that Palpatine was Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith? Of course Palpy was sad-(disappointed)-he'd lost the apprentice he'd been grooming! I bet it was he that fried Grievous for overstepping himself.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
Wow. There's just so much in this. An awesome Anakin-vs.-Grievous in space scene, Mace's callousness, Obi-Wan's "he hated the cold" and the implication of darkness...I'm very impressed.
Fialleril chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Beautiful work. The silence and the understanding between Obi-Wan and Palpatine, especially with all the other Jedi trying to encourage Obi-Wan to move on already, is deeply touching. The fact that it took Anakin's death to bring them together also rings very true. Nicely done.

Blessings,

Fialleril
minoki chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
very nice oneshot.i like what you did.
Argenteus Draco chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
There's very few cases in which I can imagine a Dark!Obi-Wan, but I could definitely see this as leading to a point like that. Not at all sure if that is what you intended, but certainly an interesting read none the less.
Darth KenObi-Wan chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Definitely AU. But definitely worth the read. It was beautiful! Well done!