Reviews for Ananke
Lillaflor chapter 25 . 7/18
(reviewed the wrong chapter)
Lillaflor chapter 1 . 7/18
Lily definitely chose a VERY wrong person to confide in. But your characterization of Dumbledore is just brilliant! I already hate him, yet you conveyed his motivations perfectly.
Lillaflor chapter 23 . 7/17
Finally! This was FANTASTIC!
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 54 . 7/13
Wow! What a GREAT story!
Love it, Love it, LOVE IT!
I see that you've not put 'Completed' on this, yet. Are you thinking of doing an epilogue?
Thanks for sharing YOUR genius with us!
This will be going into my 'Favorites', now!
Take care!
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 52 . 7/12
Wow, this is exactly who I thought Dumblefuck was, all along; without the smarmy, coy, :wink, wink:, 'spin' that Rowling used to plaster the 'rose-tinted-gloss' over the MOB! Perhaps you feel that you're painting YOUR AD with such dark tones, to enhance your AU tale, but I can't help but feel that you're doing an absolutely fantastic job at tearing aside Rowling's poorly erected facade, to get at the truly heinous creature; only hinted at in canon.
There is so much WRONG with Rowling's series; the plot-chasms alone would take multiple BOOKS to list them all, but the biggest failures are Dumbdumb's alone! Which leads the discerning reader to understand that THEY WEREN'T 'FAILURES' AT ALL: Dumbandbored WANTED the world he created; he WANTED the GENERATIONS of children, who passed through Hogwart's doors under HIS Headmastership, to be DUMBED-DOWN, to be under-educated in 'History of Magic' and HISTORY, in general, and Potions, etc. A less than well-educated populace is so much more easily led and manipulated! (I also believe that Allpus would have even taken steps to insure his OWN immortality [ala the Philosopher's Stone, perhaps? Surely he took the opportunity to make SOME of the 'Elixir of Life', while having access to the Stone... Of course if Flamel was stupid enough to allow AD to have access to the REAL Stone, then he and Perenelle reaped what they sowed.]; faking his own death and spelling a painting would have been child's play to someone of AD's 'chess master's' skill set!) AD WANTED to keep the status quo: If all your factions are so busy, being at each other's throats, then they're too busy watching for YOUR manipulations! Fumbledick could have been working on Equity for First Gen Magicals and Equality and Representation for ALL Magical Sentient Species, but HE didn't want that!
The only problem that Moldywarts presented was that he upset Dumbdumb's apple cart and disrupted his own plans! THAT'S the only reason he 'vanquished' Grindelwald, too!
Anyhoo, enough of my particular soapbox...
I'm really very impressed with your story and though I'm anxious to continue, I'm also afraid; afraid that you're going to allow Dumbasfuck (your 'anti-hero') to win as an allegorical/cautionary tale to highlight the current times we're living through. I really hope you don't. Just because RL is bleak enough and fanfiction is where I come to find a 'candle' to dispel RL's darkness, just enough to get through each day.
Thanks and I'll move along, now! ;)
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 25 . 7/12
Fuck that old bastard! THIS is one of the main reasons I HATED the MOB! Yet, in the Gospel according to Rowling, we're supposed to love and revere him! BS!
This is such a good story and I'm truly hoping that Lily can change her future and queer Fumbledick's game!
Thanks!
I am a hypocrite chapter 54 . 7/11
I started this story because I was bored and my other fav fics were incomplete. I knew that Snape loved Lily and she did like him as a friend so I thought that this would be a decent read. I was wrong.
This story just blew my mind. The plot was complex and simple at the same time. I liked how the characters reacted to a changed Lily. I always thought that Dumbledore was a manipulator but the way you portrayed him is just perfect for the fic. Keep up the good work.
fan girl 666 chapter 54 . 7/6
awww this chapter was so sad but I did enjoy how James finally seemed to pull his head out of the sand and see things more clearly
Kitala chapter 54 . 7/3
Wonderful to see an update on this one, I had been wondering what had happened to Lily after Nagini had bit her. It was also very interesting to see James as a mirror of Severus, I couldn't tell until you mentioned Remus who you were describing, Severus or James. I think if anyone could come up with an antidote, though, Severus could. I look forward to the next chapter!
London Knight .
Americanism slipping in : PAVEMENT not sidewalk in Britain . Still a nice start to the story . LK out .
contaku chapter 54 . 6/28
Omg, sad but hopeful 3 can't wait for more! Some phoenix tears for lily please, where's Fawkes when you need him?
Kashira1786 chapter 54 . 6/28
This ending may be bittersweet and sad. But I am also so weirdly proud of James
Amanthya chapter 54 . 6/26
Lots of thoughts on James, Peter, Remus, Dumbledore, Voldemort, Harry, the cover story, the archway, but most of all...Lily. This story would be a perfect Shakespeareian tragedy right where you left it - but I beg you: be kinder than that. Don't flip the universe around and take all that effort just to ultimately end up with Romeo and Juliet still star-crossed. JKR was cruel enough. Please add an epilogue, and let us see Lily snd Sev hidden away happy, and Harry coming to Hogwarts. If nothing else, a final goodbye to Lily, whether she wakes or not (preferably awake) because we need closure. We've been your faithful readers on this long journey. Please be gentle with the hearts you've stolen from us. I will have to review more deeply later, but this is my heartfelt plea.
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 6/24