Reviews for Poseidon For Dummies
SkyHighFan chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Nice, but while its true that they could have done that, they probably wouldn't have survived anyway: they were too far from the surface to swim there. Probably at least a hundred feet down. No WAY they'd make that just by holding their breaths.
Comtesse-Dynamite chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Hey there

Very cool oneshot. I watched the movie yesterday and I always ask myself if there wouldn't have been a chance to save the people in the great hall, the dining room. I also thougt that it was not so clever to turn the ship around, since you're absolutely right, it had more space to hit the M.S. Poseidon. I didn't think of the pressure-clue though, but it sounds logically.

I would appreciate it if you write more "(Random movie) - for dummies" I'm really intrested.

Greetings
Aero-Quart01 chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Okay... you've got a point here, but I've been considering this:

If they really broke one window in the ballroom, (it's not called 'dining room' actually) the room would flood over and the ones who can swim can go out from it. But what about the ones who are injured and can't move? They would die instantly!

And considering from the amount of decks the six survivors have been through, there must be about six decks dividing the ballroom and the bottom hull. Since it's capsized, the pressure will be too great for one to swim over. And when one broke the window, the water will hit them back like being hit over by a truck since the pressure is being released just into one opening.

And for the 'natural instinct' you wrote, I think the masses are too shocked by the event and they are desperately finding their relatives. The captain's words are also the thing that complicates things.

Anyway, your one-shot is good. I love it. (But I want to strangle that "biatch" teacher so badly)
Pikajenn chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Nice story. I often thought that the actions of the survivors ultimately led the the demise of everyone else. I hadn't thought about breaking one of the windows in another area.

Do you think the director of the movie gave clues about that? I remember one scene (shortly after the flip) where there is a panning of the camera from the ocean, where a chair is floating around, through the glass and back into the ballroom.

The movie wasn't bad. I actually like it a lot. I just wish that there were more scenes of the ship before it flipped. I know that the one of the lead crew people had said that there was no point to a lot of screentime for the ship when it was upright and sailing, but I think that person was wrong. It was on the special features on the dvd. Anyway, I think there might have been a greater sense of what was lost (with people and the ship itself) if more time was spent on introducing the people. I recently heard on another dvd's commentary that if you don't care about the people, then you probably don't really care about the movie.

Enough of my rambling. Good story and yeah it would be cool to read more of these on other movies. Sometimes there are just such glaringly obvious errors or duh kind of moments in movies.
pepper chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
I thought of that when I was watching that! The entire time: Break a window and swim to safety, IDIOTS! They were so stupid! But it wouldn't've made an amazing movie if they all survived.
JenD16 chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
I actually had the same thought about breasking one window and being able to save themselves. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that. I like the story it is good.