Reviews for Two Partners in the Lab
Another "Wow"! Good job.
DaLiza chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
Very hot! Nicely done.
PlaywBunny chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
God, this was just as good as the other one. You did a great job. I loved the imagery in the story. Great job!
Jesus.Lives chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Yay for B/B.

I love how it started out with Brennan assessing him. :D
MariaPim chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
I'd almost forgotten how good this story is... Beatutiful, sensual, HOT smut, with just a hint of desperation!

Doesn't get any better than this!

M
xBeMinex chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
i like the touch with the x-rays there. can totally see booth wanting to be with bren in the lab, at least he had the sense to sort out the secuirty lol,

another fab smutty story x
MeakoXIII chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
You should totally write more! This is amazing, as is the other one. There should be a third part, I think. It would fit.
space77 chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Just awesome! And I think the scene when he first comes up behind her is one of the hottest things I've ever read... can't really put my finger on why it seemed so intense? Just was.

Great job, would love to see more from you!

Space
daisydol chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
That...was...awesome. Seriously, your style is so engaging! I can't wait to go and read the "Captain Morgan Misadventures" now!
corik80 chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Why did you have to stop there? You are such a big meanie, as my kids would say. Great job by the way!
danireed chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
wow that was a great fallow up to that Captain Morgan MisAdventures and you did it really well. I hope that you will cont. with these, they are very good.
Luvin Lulu chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
Hot and steamy and very well-written. Nice work!
mumrulz chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
Wow!...This just overwhelmed me. It was perfect, right up there with the best...so much so that I was able to overlook my dislike of 'B&B sex, just for the sake of sex', without the relationship to accompany it.

They both may have wanted this to just be satisfying, gratifying sex, but it was so much more, whether they (or you) want to admit it.

**But she wanted this… this lie. She wanted the screw; the passion and lust. She wanted to believe it was sex.

..he was doing this for her, believing that this was the way that she wanted it, so that she wouldn't have to face reality of what they were, who they were.

They can put on a performance with sterile surroundings, have hard & fast sex, try to remain detached with no talking directly to each other, no looking into each others eyes...they can pretend it's just sex...but it's not.

There were so many little clues to prove this (intentional or not) that said 'this is more than just sex'.

Right from the beginning, Brennan look at this 'meeting' as a date - now if she thought that it was only a rendezvous for satisfying biological urges then she wouldn't consider it a date. Then there was her reaction to the blue rose:

**But, she just couldn’t squelch the desire to keep it close to her. Mystery… impossibility… possibilities, they became a tangled web in her head as she lifted the flower to her nose and drew in its sent.

...yes it had a definate affect on her, making her think of what it could represent.

There was the extra effort that Brennan took in buying new lingerie...for him...the way that she was satisfied with being able to affect Booth with the garters...the sparks of electricity she felt at his touch & making her weak at the knees...she wanted to turn in his arms & hold him close...oh yes!...all of these add up to this being more than just sex to her.

Booth had also taken the extra effort to dress in his favourite suit, his favourite socks & tie, & his favourite belt buckle - all for his favourite person...for her...PMSL at the throbbing beast - now there's an image for you. ;-)...the faith that he had in her, knowing her to her very soul, faith in them, faith in knowing what she could do to him, what she did do to him.

**He didn’t want to look at her. He wanted it to be rough. He knew he couldn’t behave like this if he had to look into her eyes. He’d want to hold her and stroke her, chase away any bad thing that lingered behind those eyes, in that soul. He’d want to make love to her,

...all of these add up to this being more than just sex to him.

Just loved the way that Brennan was identifying the 'remains' by the x-rays - very clever...I managed to cotton on straight away. LOL. Loved all the play on words, the metaphors:

**the faux habit of her revered order. Sister of the church of science and logic. Mother Superior of the House of Reason. Her faith hidden behind the alters of fact and evidence.

...again very clever.

**It felt good to have him take possession of her body and soul. It felt right to have him mark her here in this place. A joining of the things that meant so much to her; the most important things in her life. Her lab, her partner. Together. It was a blessing; it was an inevitability; it was fulfillment of a prophecy.

...It could never be just sex between them, they are in too deep, so if you ever decide to continue on with this particular fic, as there seems to be so much more that you can still expand upon, I will be first there, armed with 'support & friendship' - I need all the friends I can get...& thanks for the tingle.

Always looking forward to what you have next planned for us. :-):-):-)

BTW...surprise, surprise...I did go back & reread Captain Morgan MisAdventures...yep forced myself!
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
Hi there,

Oh this was different but good...a bit more serious and angsty, but still with all the good stuff...It was like Seeley Booth wanted Dr. Temperance Brennan to exorcise his demons...

Loved the blue rose...Everything about his 'fantasy' had to be just right...Loved "His favorite striped socks and red tie; his cocky belt buckle holding in the throbbing beast at his waist."...

Loved "Sister of the church of science and logic. Mother Superior of the House of Reason. Her faith hidden behind the alters of fact and evidence. He wondered what her gut told her about the danger of opening herself to him. Did she think of him as her Judas, or her Satan?"...I reckon Temperance Brennan thought only of him as her saviour..."She wanted to believe this was all predestined"

Whatever about Seeley Booth's fantasy, the whole thing was turning her on no end... "she wondered if her blood wasn’t reaching a dangerously high temperature? She wondered if she could hold off the flame long enough to feel him inside her?"

Loved how she empathised with all that he had been through and how it had affected him, also how he had continued to live and not let it affect him..."He was Atlas… the world on his shoulders"

Thought that the scalpel was a bit risque and wondered why that was part of his fantasy...cutting her very expensive panties off of her she thought was 'money well spent she sighed,'...

Seeley Booth was definitely having his fantasy but why was he letting what should have been a fun and beautiful moment for both of them be so angst ridden and cathartic at the same time...

"He didn’t want to look at her. He wanted it to be rough. He knew he couldn’t behave like this if he had to look into her eyes. He’d want to hold her and stroke her, chase away any bad thing that lingered behind those eyes, in that soul. He’d want to make love to her, and this was not about love. This was about possession. It was about biological inevitabilities and chemistry."...I think that it was about more than just possession and chemistry here, especially for him...

"He was a heretic in the House of Reason"...All this was only in his own mind...she did not feel this way..."Her lab, her partner. Together. It was a blessing; it was an inevitability; it was fulfillment of a prophecy."

Wow, I can see why you separated the two of these stories in one sense rather than making this chapter 2 of the last one...it was definitely a whole different 'beast' altogether...

Love your writing and looking forward to more...

Ger
bea.tricks chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
oh lady j, this is so hot and well written! (even tho some of our spelling corrections got lost ;) ) a fantasy with powerful and deep language. the religious metaphor is so right for booth and the WAY he thinks about it is just right for his romanticism.

"Seeley Booth, without all that tight self-control, was a force to be reckoned with."

HOO boy! d mn right he is.

"his cocky belt buckle holding in the throbbing beast at his waist."

a mighty hot line. well described.

"He was a heretic in the House of Reason, and he wanted to contaminate her with his blasphemous thoughts of faith and hope and love."

i'm still melting into the floor from this line. i melted yesterday and i suspect i will still be melting tomorrow.

i know you don't want to, but if you ever DID decide to expand this thing, you totally could. it's got far more depth and room for continuity than most oneshots. well done!