Reviews for Make A Memory
KatieMalfoy19 chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Hey! OMG! I love this story! Its a real actual conversation between the boys and hurt!Dean! Yay! Great job with this story, like always! ~Katie~
lunasgathering39 chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Thank you so much for such a great story. It so realistically captures how Sam has to constantly remind Dean that the brother thing goes both ways. This conveys perfectly how Dean can't bring himself to believe he is worth it. You always get the in-between a hunt times just right.

Oh, and tried to change my pen name to match what I go by every where else on the internet (including my website), but apparently lunasgathering is already taken. I only thought I was original. _
jenilee chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Wow auction fic already! You are quick. Congratulations to Lunasgathering and it’s very sweet of her to allow you to share with us or maybe there was no choice whichever way we appreciate it.

Very nice story. I really loved that Sam got Dean to understand that their relationship goes both ways and he’d do as much for Dean as Dean would for him. Also Dean’s telling Sam that nothing he did or didn’t say in the past would have changed the outcome of what he felt he needed to do to have Sam back. Although I don’t know if his knowing that will help Sam feel less guilty or not.

Ok love this description- “The first fluffy flakes had gradually given way to more and more of them, and as the wind picked up they’d begun to swirl dizzyingly making it impossible to see more than a few steps in front”

We have snow for a lot of the year and that was a very apt description and I especially love the "dizzyingly" cos they do, do that.

Everytime I read the title I start singing the dang song and that was before I even read the story. Quick hum a few bars of "La Bamba" LOLOL totally teasing you I hope you know.

One weird thing to mention is the word "treacle". I was reading a book the other day and that word appeared or actually it was treacly but whatever, same thing. I'd never seen it before which in itself is rather amazing considering how much I read but long story short, looked it up and now I swear I’ve seen it several times since! I’m sorry. I know that really had nothing to do with anything but I just thought it was very odd.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
Hey, I'm still here, well hopefully I'm still logged on as the computer said I needed to wait to type my review.

I leave on vacation tomorrow, been so busy, I'm behind on my stories, so I'll be off to read your other one next.

This was perfect timing for you to post a new story. Luna put up a good battle, I made another bid on the final day, but moved to soon as I had to borrow a computer to place the bid and than she outbid me. It was fun though, I've never done online bidding before, just silent auctions in person.

But today is my birthday, so I still got a present, a new story from you, though you did make me tear up towards the end. You know how I feel about the deal and still a little upset that Sam failed to save Dean, so nothing wrong with your story, just means you did an excellent job writing the brothers.

Anyway on with your story.

As I have said many times and will continue to tell you, awesome job with the brothers and their voices. Your stories could be an episode or scene for the show. Thank you!

Though Dean was hurt, I was laughing as Sam 'was mildly impressed at quite how many new and inventive curse words Dean managed to fit into such a short sentence.'

Love how even injuried, Dean still wants to go first into the cabin, 'Dean couldn’t risk shouting after him, just in case there was someone or something inside, so he had to settle for fuming silently and reminding himself that he really needed to smack Sam upside the head later.'

Than of course Dean just wants Sam to skip looking at his knee and Sam 'decided it was a good thing to have a full set of teeth at his age so abandoned the idea.'

I'll admit I started tearing up when the brothers talked about the deal, well Sam made Dean listen.

I loved this line from the season two finale, which actually makes one smile and give you hope.

“You’re my big brother, Dean. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for you.” Dean's/Jensen's expression during that scene was perfect.

Loved the ending to this story, 'There was still time to make a few more memories, to go with the lifetime's worth they already had.'

Thanks for sharing another story with us. I think you are the first writer to post from the auction.

Until next time, take care.
charis-kalos chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
So, I'm all teary and sad and "bloody Dean and his self-sacrificing streak" here! Love the boys, love the conversation.
riquitv chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
sniff sniff, great fic, thanks so much for sharing. I love it :)
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
Great story!

I'm sure the person who bid on you is very happy!

I hope Dean is ok because his knee was hurting him pretty badly...
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
I can't believe how fast you were! First one out of the gate, I think. : Thank you again for doing this.

And I liked some of the points you made in your conversation, especially about Sam not trying to hurt Dean with his gnawing on the issue, just needing Dean to see his side...and probably venting some of his own pain, as he always has to Dean. Good insight. Also liked Dean's line about Sam looking with his fingers. :
Nana56 chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
Great fic, sweetie. Love the brother momemts. Love the hurt!Dean and angsty!Sam. Well done.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
Awesome story, the winning bidder certainly got her money's worth!

Again, you got them out of your wardrobe and got right inside their heads - their words and thoughts were spot on as usual!

Dean dropped down on one of the couches with a wince but held up a hand to stop Sam as he approached. “You know, the first aid kit is in the car and I don’t think they’re gonna have anything round here we can use, so why don’t we just leave it alone, ok?”

“Because I need to see how much damage you’ve done. For all I know you’ve broken your kneecap and you just neglected to mention it.”

Dean tried to look innocent. “I’m sure it’s not that bad and besides, do you happen to have your portable x-ray machine on you? No, I thought not. So why don’t we not prod the very painfully swollen knee and then I won’t have to hit you.”

Again you had the lighthearted thoughts amid the serious conversation they were having and their conversation about the deal was perfect, emotional without being mushy and it conveyed so much of how they were both feeling!

Dean swallowed and looked away, focusing on the flames in the fireplace. “I had to save you. I couldn’t live with you gone, I’ve told you that. This was never supposed to be a punishment, not for you. It’s just the only option I had.”

“And what about me? You expect me to just let you go, to accept that you couldn’t live with me dying, and you won’t understand that I feel the same way! It’s not that you saved me that I have a problem with it’s the price you’re gonna pay, Dean. I don’t know how to live with that!”

Dean was silent. There was nothing he could say, not this time. This was one problem he didn’t have a solution for and the truth was, what it was doing to Sam hurt more than the idea of where he was gonna end up.

“Look at me.” Sam got no response and tried again, leaning forward a little. “Please?”

When Dean finally did look up Sam felt his breath catch in his throat at the pain he could see in his brother’s eyes. Without even thinking about it he got up and moved to sit next to Dean on the other couch, careful to avoid knocking his leg. “Dean, I’m not trying to hurt you with this. And I don’t mean to make you feel bad, I really don’t, I’m just. I’m just trying..”

When he stopped, Dean prompted him. “Just trying to what?”

Sam looked him straight in the eye. “To make you see that this goes both ways. You really don’t get it, do you? All these years you’ve been so busy protecting me, so ready to step in front of a bullet for me, you never even understood that I didn’t need you to be that. I just needed you to be there. To be my brother. And that hasn’t changed, not even now. You know I saw your face, when I said what I did after you told me about the deal. You honestly never realised that before – did you?”

“You’re my big brother, Dean. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for you.”

I've said it before but you write the boys so brilliantly you could well be Eric Kripke in disguise!

Fantastic fic, loved it!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
OMG HUN

this was incredable, way to go to make so much profit!

hhe, aww i bet the new wheelchair is like...a sam and dean masterpeice hhe x

aww x

OMG HUN i loved this fic, absoloutley awesome!

this bit had me smiling my head off-Dean tried to look innocent. “I’m sure it’s not that bad and besides, do you happen to have your portable x-ray machine on you? No, I thought not. So why don’t we not prod the very painfully swollen knee and then I won’t have to hit you.

haha so much like Dean!

your an amazing author hun, loved it x
KatieLB chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
congradulations to the winner on buying a great story... we just can't get enough of those tortured boys can we. great job on this story and rising to the challenge of writting what they asked...great job
staceycj chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
Finished this, absolutely sweet. I really liked it and the girl who paid for it got her money's worth!
Loves the Supernatural chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
OMG U R my most fav author ever on fanfiction. U write the best storys.

amazing story
sergeantmicky chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
*Sigh*. Wow. That was a tear-jerking ending! :) but i loved it. The arguing in the middle was fantastic! It had me laughing so hard, it was great. Especially Sam's thoughts on how it would be good to have a full set of teeth at his age. Definitely cracked me up! Awesome job once again. It just makes me wonder even more how Sam's going to manage without Dean for a while next season. :( Dean had better come back soon! Anyways awesome job, as usual! :)
30 | « Prev Page 1 2