Reviews for The Longest Hour
Snickerer chapter 2 . 4/30/2006
*snrk* Ai’s got a point there.

“I am an idiot. But I'm still glad I found you again, Shinichi. Even if I do feel like you deserve a good thump on the head for this-” Yep, that’s Ran, alright! Quite an understandable reaction, considering it has been a year!

And she handled Ai…really very, very well, considering. Smart of Ai to be armed, actually, not so smart way to demonstrate it.

Excellent job with Ai’s speech, by the way. She’s really hard to get a handle on, and I think you did very nicely with her calm, logical unpredictability. And yes, a, ah, tactical withdrawal would very much be in order.

Heh. She didn’t want him to be able to talk her out of it, huh?

The sharing of the same dual dreamspace is /very/ nice. And Conan’s contributions to the conversation were great!

"You know, I think you should have said the 'I love you' bit and I should've said the 'you're beautiful' bit..." His eyes never left Ran's face as he mumured "Pipe down, pipsqueak." XD

“No doubt Shinichi is calling for my head on a platter by now” *snickers* Oh, look, he /is/ predictable…

And the conversation on the bus…is just perfect.

It’s not hard to have this basic idea. Writing it into an outstanding, wonderfully characterized fic, on the other hand, which you’ve managed beautifully…well. There’s a reason you’re considered one of the goddesses of DC fanfic. *grins*
Snickerer chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
Heh. Love the little rumination of breakfast, cooking skills and lack therof

Though Shinichi can’t have been all /that/ bad if he was living on his own. (Conan, I can understand, since even if he knew how he might not be /able/ to do it.)

You capture looking through Ran’s eyes very well, too. She’s not stupid, but this is hardly an ordinary situation.

“it occurred to Ran that her father wasn't completely oblivious, after all...” Nope! Just most of the time

Ai comes across as wonderfully not-quite-creepy, as well. Can’t blame Agasa for being rattled!

And I quite liked Conan’s little response about his age and to Ayumi’s crush. Poor guy is getting awfully tired of it.

The whole confession scene comes through beautifully. She cares, but she’s also Not Happy, which is really completely understandable; this isn’t an easy thing to just accept. The karate is perfectly appropriate…
Lawlypop chapter 2 . 3/19/2006
WOW! amazing! that was SO good!
Encrypter chapter 2 . 12/14/2005
That's a darn good fic there. Very good. I'm especially happy to see that you wield the English language with a skill and a prowesse that is rarely seen among fanfiction authors.

Will there be any sort of continuation? I think a lot of folks would like to see people's reactions to the transformation; especially Kogoro's. We all know what it'll be, but it doesn't detract from the story at all.

And anther thing: how will the Shonen Tantei handle all this?

Wren Truesong chapter 2 . 9/8/2005
...Sugoi. sugoi-shii... This is quite decidedly the most fascinating, unique and downright -poetic- solution to The Problem I have ever encountered. You marvellous thing, you.

I love how the dreams were real, especially, and that Ai-chan is such a kowakawaii twisted little romantic.
KumoriKage chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Several things I forgot to mention in my other review.

- I like the fic it is very well written with a few errors in canon...

- The transformation takes place within minutes, not over half an hour. At least it occurs rather quickly once the smoke starts rising. It probably is rather painful as all of your cells are destroying themselves...
KumoriKage chapter 2 . 7/14/2005
Several problems are apparent. For one if Haibara or Agasa had the drug they would be able to synthesize an antidote, so she wouldn't have thrown away a clue to an antidote. Another thing is that usually Apotoxin 4869 (the drug that shrunk them) kills. In testing the rats only one of them shrunk, the rest were killed. Shinichi was the only one that wasn't killed by the drug, and by chance neither was Haibara. Also I don't think that she would be able to get her hands on a gun, seeing as this is set in Japan and guns are illegal there. I know that all the criminals seem to be able to get their hands on guns, but these criminals are not 7 year olds trying to get their hands on a gun. I also doubt that the professor would be willing to buy her one (and where would she get the money). The professor might be willing to make her a tranquilizer gun, but it is unlikely that it would be shaped like a gun or have a clip.
D.G. Ling chapter 2 . 7/14/2005
Now that was one of the best DC stories I ever read,it would be nice if you wrote a seqal.
Sapphire Blue Priestess chapter 2 . 5/13/2005
Amazing. Really. I love this story and its prequel; I'm going to go read the sequel next. It was so... unexpected and sweet. I especially like how you got Ran's new name by looking to Sherlock Holmes. Himitsu Rin - so cute! Keep writing!

Shota Fairy chapter 2 . 3/14/2005
fu fu fu! how's about another chapter, hmm? onegai?
sapphirestars chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
continued the story from "The Window" very well; I loved the dream sequence.
Elizabeth Shaoblane chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
Perfect. Absolutely perfect. When the anime Conan spills the truth, that'll be the reaction. You got into the character of Rachel VERY well. Yes, now you can tell your friends that you own Case Closed. :P Oh yeah.

And that was just chapter one! Long chapters make your readers happy.
Doctor.Tracey chapter 2 . 12/22/2004
Awesome! I thimk you should make one more chapter with Ran telling her parents and their reactions. That would be funny! I would like to see how Kogoro reacts most!

Fyliwion chapter 2 . 12/20/2004
AW *giggles madly* That was even cuter then the sequels (wow you wouldn't believe how hard it is to remember everything after reading the monster of a fanfic you call windfall *snorts*) But at least this helps give me the back up story.. either way you're definantly like my favvy author *smirks* Your stories are just awesome.. I swear.. you write a book tell me the title and I'll be there midnight the night before it comes out to buy it *winks*
Kuroya chapter 2 . 10/19/2004
Possibly one of the best fanfics I've ever read. Everything- the characters, conventions, etc.- is perfect! _ And it was sad, but happy, and very cute... _
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »