Reviews for Crooked
Play-doh Akumu chapter 4 . 3/16
It's always hard to see a good story like this die a slow death. I'm sorry to see that it was discontinued.

The story itself is intriguing. I haven't seen this idea done in quite this way before. Normally, Potter either understands his place in politics, or he bulldozes his way through them. Here, it seems more like he is coming of age by learning how to play politics.

It is always nice to see a new antagonist take the place of Voldemort. Isidore Lantz and his female partner in crime have a few tricks up their sleeve. It's hard to imagine what their motivation is, since they have only just been introduced. I'd hope that it would be something beyond, "I hate Harry Potter," or, "I hate Severus Snape." They may be trying to take over the Minister of Magic? That they have taken an interest in Harry Potter especially, may mean that they are trying to use his power or dismantle it. I wish I knew!

The writing itself is good. It could be polished up for maximum potential, but seeing as how you didn't have another set of eyes on it, I'm impressed. If, after 6 years, you are interested in resuming, I can be your beta. This is a fresh take on the plot and I like where it was headed.
Neeshack chapter 4 . 12/7/2009
Good so far. Can;t wait to read what happens.
Morgana-White chapter 4 . 10/19/2009
Yay! A new chapter! And a really good one. So good to see you're back :)

Please keep up the great work and update soon!
whitehound chapter 4 . 10/18/2009
OK, sounds like they're either planning to swap Harry for a substitute, or to use Snape to discredit him.

I'm willing to beta/canon-pick so long as you're not too prolific, or you could come join us on the Yahoo group Loose Canon, where we discuss the finer points of canon all the time.
WWT chapter 3 . 9/8/2009
Erm, Hullo... Why is there no snarry in a fic declared to be snarry! Why wasn't it finnish? -whimper whine-
Delete.Account.040110 chapter 3 . 1/24/2009
woot! updates pliz? seriously, can't start building up the supsense and then not doing anything about it! snape's cool so far, but harry needs to make him want to live again!

oh yeah, and tonks is awesome!
Azariah Everest Luciano chapter 3 . 8/3/2008
Very good story! Poor Snape! I really hope he is freed ,, and soon! lol great stiry , keep updateing!

-Snapes Griffin-
whitehound chapter 3 . 8/3/2008
Good. I wouldn't have called Snape cruel, exactly, but more spiteful. It's a matter of definition - I know JK called him cruel in interviews but she called Fred cruel, also, so she doesn't necessarily mean Snape is any nastier than Fred. Sulky and difficult he certainly is, and you write him well.

I'm not sure about the ring of Death Eaters retracting - that ought to mean they stepped back away from Harry, opening up the circle, but you have them actually fleeing so I suspect you meant they were retreating, not retracting.

And in context I'm nearly certain you mean that Snape has an air about him which makes oother people apprehensive, not that he hismelf is apprehensive.
wynnleaf chapter 2 . 7/26/2008
Nice start. Could you please clarify as you go to what extent this uses or doesn't use any of the events or information in DH?
whitehound chapter 2 . 7/26/2008
Well, Haryr always did think that rules only happen to other people, and now that will work to Snape's advantage.
whitehound chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
An interesting start.

“Yes, I’m breaking at the scenes, just like you…”

- are you sure it's not meant to be "...breaking at the seams"? That seems to make more sense.
Morgana-White chapter 2 . 7/26/2008
Great story!

I hope Snape will be in the next chapter, though.

Update soon!
Kate Andromeda chapter 2 . 7/26/2008
Good story and plot so fare, please write more soon.
T-TrainOrTurkeyT chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Not bad! I'm sure Harry will be able to save Snape. I look forward to the next chapter.
Morgana-White chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Very promising start!

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Please update soon!