Reviews for Superwomen of Eva: Vengeful Devil
code R.R chapter 5 . 6/18
Oh wait...so these are all together? They share the same universe...huh
Dragonjek chapter 17 . 5/19
"Nothing can go wrong now!"
GodDAMN it, Asuka!

I like how Shinji's starting to deteriorate from desperation for his father's affection... and how he's doing so by picking up Asuka's driving need to be the best at Eva (in his own unique flavor, of course). But with him going south this early in the story, while other characters are still largely mentally healthy (by Eva standards), there's hope to pull him out of it. Sure, he's improving himself, but in a totally unhealthy way.
Can Asuka look at him and see how destructive obsession can be? Will she start to understand what motivates him, and what Shinji's actually like? What will she think of how he was strongarmed into piloting?
In the SOE storyverses, Shinji has often had his friendlessness and isolation enforced by Gendo. Has that happened here, too?

Also, just how intelligent/stupid IS Shinji, anyways? He can be surprisingly insightful sometimes, and despite having learned thermal expansion only that day, making the connection to using theoretical knowledge in a "real life" situation (when the resident scientist didn't consider it!) is a big part of applying science. He's also the son of a genius pioneer scientist and the man who out-manipulated a secret cabal that controls the whole world... and intelligence is, in part, inherited. I don't think he's *stupid*, per say... but I don't think Shinji has had much reason in his life to actually put any intelligence to use. If he wants a pliable, depressed pilot, someone confident in his successes isn't useful. It wouldn't be too hard to sabotage his grades, turn other kids against him... and without anyone to reward or congratulate him for doing well, or caring enough to punish him for bad grades, he would utterly lack the motivation to succeed that other children would have. I mean, he makes some bad decisions in the show, but a lot of those are from social ineptitude. It just doesn't make sense for him to be as stupid as he is often depicted in fanfiction.

With her having seen Kaji's deeds gnawing upon his soul, there won't be anymore negative Shinji-to-Kaji comparisons on her part. Killing off her crush opens up the chance for her to start to develop an attraction towards Shinji. I'd love to see more action in that regards-of course, I'm a huge fan of romances in supernatural settings or of the normal guy with superheroines (for a given value of "normal"). I must admit, though, I'm worried about Zarathos. As he admits, he's a bounty hunter... and we know that he gets influence over Asuka from the rituals. I'm worried about how much he may obtain.

I look forwards to seeing what you'll do with the Leliel battle. The only "congrats!" he wants to here now is from his father (although getting acknowledgement of Asuka seems to be becoming nearly as important! I liked the meal scene, by the way. I just wish Asuka could have learned more about him. They never did finish that "why do you pilot?" conversation.), so I don't think getting praise for his progress in Eva would give him a big head, especially since A.) Zarathos is ensuring Asuka scores higher than him (although damn, 7 points? Shinji's improvement is outstanding. He might actually end up going 100% to 100% with Asuka at this rate), B.) Asuka isn't jealous of him, and C.) the Shinji/Asuka dynamic is completely different in this story.

Still, even if she's more likely to take the lead, I hope Shinji's the one to get swallowed up. Asuka's reaction to being helpless to save him, then to Ritsuko's plan to basically kill him to save Unit 01, then to the ever-*beautiful* scene of spineless wimpy Shinji murder-ripping his way out of the Angel? That would be _delicious_ to read.

I'd like to add that I like how your Asuka acknowledges that Shinji has talent as a pilot. Having a sense of security in her own superiority has done wonders in that regard. Although it looks like her pride has come around to bite her in the ass all the same. Just being a bit more open with Mana would have made things go so much smoother-she wouldn't even have to reveal her identity, just be less of a jerk to her.

Although it looks like Asuka has now, well and truly, developed a sense of responsibility and realization of how important and dangerous what she does is.
"For doing all of these distracted her from cursing the one person she wanted to curse above all."
I absolutely love this line. LOVE it.
Dragonjek chapter 15 . 5/19
So... uh...

God DAMN it, Mana! Asuka needs to see Shinji's awful history so she can be more sympathetic towards him! Ugh.

Real curious about Unit 01's freak out, though. Is it really just a reaction to her holding a demon? Does Yui really object *that* much to all the killing she did, even if the victims were all fully deserving? Is she furious that Asuka tried to kill Gendo (honestly, she really shouldn't be)? Is she just pissed off at her for the attitude towards Shinji, even if it is improving?
Dragonjek chapter 4 . 5/18
"You told Kensuke about the battle! So even if you didn't mean to, you still helped him and Toji set up this stunt!" Hikari declared in an officious manner. "So you are going to apologize, you jerk!"
""So what about Shinji?" Hikari began again, snapping Asuka from her thoughts. "Has the jerk apologized to you yet?""

Wow. Douche move, Hikari. It should be obvious to anyone who heard the whole conversation-and who knows Shinji isn't an attention seeker, like everyone except Asuka long ago realized-that them using what he told them to embarrass Asuka was done without any inclusion of him in the plan, without any attempt to steal the spotlight, and without any malicious intent. There's no way jerkishness can even be inferred from that.
SSKF chapter 17 . 2/28/2015
I have to say, this story got me hooked on GR stories, which never really interested me before. Yours is really cool, you've managed to intertwine the 2 universes very well with many details that make it more realistic and easy to picture, the action is fast paced and really well written which is always a plus, but I think some more in depth psychology would make it more... fluid, tasteful. I mean, the focus on Asuka clearly turned Shinji into a secondary character for a long while, and while it is clear that you have a plan for those two (insert dark knight rises pun here), 300k words to get it going seems a bit... unusual. I guess it's because of the lack of major angels ( 12th to 15th, basically), since you focused more on Zarathos. I will be on the lookout for future updates and seriously, you have a lot of talent when it comes to writing.
shadowwriter01 chapter 4 . 11/12/2014
This is a really good story so far. The idea is good and works out quite well.
A comment to this chapter:
For all your problems with Asuka, I would say that Hikari is actuall worse here.
She shows blatant double standards when it comes to Asuka and herself. She is not above abusing her position to punish others during personal arguments. Like for accusing Asuka of making serious mistakes during her battle, but as she sees her actually attacking someone, she does nothing.
Her hypocrisy goes so far that she actually claims that Asuka never did anything to them, after she watched her punching Shinji in the face and then forces "him" to apologize and that by practically blackmailing him.
Yes, egoistical gloryseekers are a threat on a battlefield, corrupt individuals who are using their positions to get their way with others are a plaque in daily life.
beamknight87 chapter 17 . 6/24/2014
Sorry to hear about your loss, gotta praise you for continuing this story, which I just managed to read entirely and so far, I'm really liking it.
It certainly has a very different flavor compared to Mike's take on of the psycho redhead, this one is probably more fitting given her not-so-nice personality lol.
Nevertheless, you gotta admit that while it is cool to see Asuka as a flaming hothead laying waste on the bad guys, the confrontations quickly got old given that so far, NO ONE has been able to put a scratch on her (save for Blackheart goons, and they lasted less than a chapter). Giving you cliffhanger, I guess that Rei will be used as a very effective counter against the Ghost Rider and to guard Gendo given the whole "innocence" trait she has.
Looking forward to see what trick under the sleeve Mana has as the successor of Stark's technology and Shinji maybe taking some plot relevance? Because so far, he has been almost useless.
Anyways, eagerly awaiting for the next chapters of this story, which seems to be far from being finished given that events have just reached the 11th Angel. Meanwhile, I'll be reading the rest of your tales.
Quathis chapter 17 . 6/17/2014
I guess the phrase "No good deed goes unpunished" goes double or triple for demons trying to do good deeds by bad means. Might have been simpler and cleaner to just firebomb Gendo's house in retrospect. Until next time.
Quathis chapter 15 . 6/17/2014
Yeah, I would guess Yui wouldn't take kindly to Ghost Rider trying to take her over. The Omake still has me laughing. Until next time.
Quathis chapter 14 . 6/17/2014
Lots of ups and downs here for people. Mostly down for Shinji given his self esteem, and Misato worried a lot for her kids on top of getting shot and later kidnapped by demonic entities. But also some good friend moments, those were good to see. Until next time.
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 16 . 6/17/2014
Very nice, as always. Great details, very well written, good work instilling anticipation into the reader.

Keep up the good work!
Akuma-Heika chapter 3 . 2/13/2014
Does she have flaming hair? Also with her wearing a skirt and boots it will look VERY weird at least to me…might I suggest pants under the skirt? She is probably pisses about going down in cup sizes though lol.

She is rationalizing…it is a fair rationalization though.

I am curious of her reaction when she sees Kaji (who considering his work has probably killed before some innocent others not so much but not all of them deserved to die) or even better Gendo.

Murder isn’t the only sin they feel. If they guy had raped someone, he would have felt the pain and terror of his victim; if he stole their despair would have been inflicted as well.

Is the chain hooked around her waist or arm?

Her skull split?

We have seen the Silver God (01) but will we get to see a Crimson Devil (02)?

A skeleton has impressive female attributes? Is there a pairing for this? So far most of your Superwomen are from different worlds considering how some are exclusive to others. Spider woman was the first Super in her world and that was after Angel 11 at least while Surfer was after Angel 05. This also means pairings are not exclusive for the collection. Will this be Asuka Shinji? You don’t think much of Kaji and Zarathos is more like her new dad now.

Will you write a Super Shinji eventually? If yes might I suggest Lucifer Morningstar as his basis (from Sandman comics a branch of Marvel I believe)? He wouldn’t have any real equals though…unless that Angel with the Dirac Sea absorbed him. If that sea is a void than that would be the one being able to hold him…if he was not in an Eva anyway.

Lilith is technically a Seed of Life and the JP name for the Children of the Seeds are Tenso-Apostles. In that situation she is more akin to a god(dess) than an angel while Zarathos is far from a Devil King a being that would rival a god.

In other NEWS. In other words means another way of saying something.

How did she take all of them? Running back and forth to pick them up wouldn’t really be needed.

I am fine with an AsukaRei pairing.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/19/2013
REALLY THANK YOU VERY MUCH I EVA WILL NOW GO AND KILL ANY ONE THAT PLOT ME AND YOU ARE A FOOL JUST WATCH ME DO WHAT YOU PLOT OF ME TO YOU ALL ONE BY ONE IF BEEN A FAN IS A SIN WHY DONT U ALL FAKE PEOPLE STOP SINGING
Guest chapter 1 . 7/19/2013