Reviews for King Who Lived
alexceasar chapter 25 . 8/27
So very cruel to leave it there do so long! Please come back
kagome higurashi chapter 25 . 8/16
please write some more. what happens next. it's getting good. will harry reveal his parseltongue ability.
projectjay chapter 14 . 8/15
Poor Harry I hope James finds out and divorces Lily. No good lily
Tigress817 chapter 25 . 8/10
Dude... When I realized that this was the last chapter, I fricken SPASAMED! This is one of the BEST stories/fanfictions/whatever that I have EVER read! Dude! You're killing me! I know you probably hear this a lot, but please UPDATE!
allenx14 chapter 25 . 7/15
Well then ... that was a cliff hanger. Please continue when you can it was a great story.
FancyFangirl chapter 25 . 7/7
Umm, hi. I love your story, even if it is on cliche premise. Don't really like the bashing of Lily and James Potter, but I guess there has to be a sort of villain there.. Also, don't mean to nag, but I was wondering if you are continuing it? It's been a year so...
hp009 chapter 25 . 6/19
Please don't abandon this! I think it's really well written and hope that you continue sometime in the future! Ignore all of the negative comments; this is a really good story :-)
TheHuntHasStarted chapter 10 . 6/14
cookie chapter 21 . 6/8
At FIRST this story is really interesting and promising. BUT it gets worst, the author the rules and the character, it becomes suck and worthless to read
m chapter 25 . 6/1
more please
the metaphysical god of heroes chapter 18 . 5/22
Okay I understand this is a political story and all but seriously harry is literally king and he still takes shit from his family? Because of some reason or another okay NO he needs to get off his cross use the wood to make a bridge and get OVER IT damn this is a good but incredibly aggravating story
BlueAbstract chapter 18 . 5/3
While I did like this work and was very intrigued by it there are a number of things that just don't sit right.
For example, you made it VERY clear that the king was judged and chosen by MAGIC and yet his family become 'royals' because they are blood related? That's a huge contradiction considering in the history chapter you established that the entire ritual deal was to AVOID the back stabbings and fights for power that blood relations create. So then even if he did abdicate the throne, Chris can't rule as he wasn't chosen by magic.
Does that mean magic kills him and the search starts again? I can only assume so as the man that was chosen before would have had familial relations and yet they did not get the crown.
Here's how I see this situation:
Man Magic chosen king (This is the unknown man who was chosen before)

King Bitter rival Dead King (No matter if he has the official ceremony, he IS king as chosen by magic)

Dead King No heir Crown moves to blood relation? (You said no HEIR, but parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins were left unspecified. If blood relations became 'royals' after kinghood is bestowed then the crown would have gone back up the family tree to the parents and so on so forth until a suitable heir was found. HOWEVER this did NOT happen therefore strengthening my argument that only those chosen by magic can rule.)

So that means that in absence of a king, instead of defaulting to a blood relation, magic chooses again, in this case:
Dead King No heir Magic chooses again

However to abdicate (for monarchs) is to renounce one's throne:
King Abdication No King

And we KNOW that when there is no King magic chooses another heir, therefore:
No King More rituals Magic chooses a new King

But the real problem with this is you have this a major event, a massive ceremony held every seven years something that every magical knows about and understands and yet you have people believing Chris could rule if Harry died? (Please note above logic) The magical populous Know exactly why magic and not blood chooses the heir (remember history chapter) yet you have the Potters getting all kinds of titles and royal privileges.

This then leads into my next point.
For all the 'Oh look a ritual where magic chooses a king' and how much you stress the king's importance and how revered he is in magical culture, Harry has about as much power as a doorknob because people just ignore his orders and don't listen to him?
I'm sorry. What?
I literally can't wrap my head around this one.
He is the king that magical society has been waiting on for about 1000 years, he has literal execute authority and people just disregard his direct orders? (Looking at you Chapter15...)

There just seems to be some sort of meh-factor(?) Not really sure how to describe it but it left me feeling disappointed, and frustrated me as a reader when you build up all this hype about how much magical society love the king and can't wait for a new one and constantly have his subjects walk all over him, disobey him publicly, etc.

I have seen it all to often in fic where harry (or the protagonist of whatever the fandom I'm reading) gets some sort of 'power up' (here Harry's throne ascension) and the author immediately makes it almost useless (like giving power to his family who he lets walk over him), except in certain circumstances, as they attempt to balance because they fear it makes the character too powerful. And to be honest I've read this sort of situation enough that seeing it begin to develop will almost always get an instant close tab on most fics.

[Begin Rant that doesn't apply]
Even worse is when they try to balance by giving the supporting characters (generally the immediate friends or teammates) stupidly powerful and completely, totally unnecessary boosts/techniques/abilities/power ups. Don't do it! They are the Protagonists for a reason.
[Rant that doesn't apply Over]

I think they often forget that doing this just devolves the quality of the fic and frustrates a lot of readers (myself included).

All that said, I think this started out well with a good idea. A generally decent level of spelling throughout but maybe a little grammar work in the future.
Honestly, I find myself unable to continue reading this story. Harry was made King by magic and yet his power is so nonexistent. People ignore his will at every turn and I find myself angered by the lack of authority He seems to hold. Is he the king or not? I realize that chris potter is supposedly the boy who lived and that the people 'love' him but I don't see how that title would make him a rival in popularity to the king of all magic...I also agree with another reviewers comment about hereditary monarchy. Harry was chosen by magic. His family was not. Each if them underwent their own ritual and was specifically Not chosen to rule so why then just because Harry is king does this mean his family have noble/royal titles bestowed upon them especially without so much as a 'by your leave' from Harry, whose word and will are now supposedly law...
Kagome higurashi chapter 25 . 4/7
Please write some more. What happens next. Is Harry okay. What's wrong with his mother, why does she hate him. Will Harry and Sirius bond.
Nate chapter 7 . 4/4
Ugh - Kill the fucking Potters please.
1,547 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »