Reviews for That which we call life
0 Lady Stardust 0 chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
:( So good. So sad.
Vera-Sama chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
That made me cry. That was so sad, and so sweet.

I loved it.
Kanki Youji chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Geez! Does your writing always have to make me depressed?

as always, wonderful job. Can't help but love how you write Matt.

Personal preferance based change:

I think

'I think I'd reather be dead' sounds better as simply 'I'd rather be dead' but you're the writer, so it's up to you, and you're a million times better than I'll ever be, so I should stop trying to give you suggestions.
WithABunny chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Dear A and MM,

Angela and MiniMix, for goodness' sake! Are you trying to make me sad with this one?

'Cause, let me tell you, it's working. I'm starting to mourn for Mello all over again!

Takada, why? Why?

Now, please excuse me while I hyperventilate.

Okay, I'm done now. I have to tell you, I just - wow. Wow. Plain wow.

I love absolutely every line in this one, to be honest.

So, let's see, this has...imagery. Excellent, excellent imagery, as can be expected from you. Oh, and humor ("I covered Near in glue just for you", I had to smile at that one!).

And angst. Enough angst to bring down the most cold-hearted of people. This whole thing is so bittersweet that I'm actually going to add this to my Yahoo! Bookmarks just so I can look at this again.

And again. And again and again and again and - okay, I have the strange feeling you get the picture now.

The last four lines, by the way...what can I say besides pure genius? While I get the feeling that I've already used those same exact two words to describe your other stories, that's still what those lines are made of.

And once again, your use of the children's rhymes payed off quite well. There's a strange "childlike innocence" vibe I'm getting from this, as if Matt's still a kid who's looking for his best friend...who unfortunately, isn't coming back.

Angela and MiniMix, if I end up tearing up in front of my family tonight whenever I think of the letter "M", or see chocolate, or anything gun-related, or anything else that remotely reminds me of this story...'s your fault.

And yes. That is a compliment.

TheCityTurnsOrange chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
This was sad...but I liked it. Very stream-of-consciousness, you know. It was like we were hearing the exact line of thought from his mind.
Li'l Lawliet chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
…AW! *Sobs in emo corner* That was really good. Short, but sweet. Do you mind if I steal your concept of Matt still being alive? I sorta had a one-shot in mind… (Not like this one, except for the starting point).

Good story! And I agree with you that the on-screen keyboards suck. Well, in my opinion, Microsofts suck and all need to be burned so Mac can rule the world, but that's a different conversation. ;D

-Emmy (Li'l Lawliet)
Yami Roojii chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
D -sniffle- Nu! Poor Matt. T_T

Great idea! ...But now I'm sad. ;_;
NearTheEnd chapter 1 . 7/18/2008's always the stories about their deaths that make me either tear up or cry. And this one was just like the others, but in a good way! I love it, and good work! Poor Matt must be suffering without him...