Reviews for Shattered
Violin Ghost chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Oh, another E/L story, lovely! The title rather frightens me- who, or what, is shattered (or going to be)?- but I enjoyed this rather light opening chapter. Your characters have different personalities, it seems- and I don't like this Gaerost. What a familiar, annoying character he is.

Anyway, marvelous start, I'm looking forward to the rest! :)
Lialathuveril chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Well, I think there are still plenty of story ideas left, so I don't fear that we'll run out of Eomer/Lothiriel scenarios any time soon ;-)

And Lothiriel is out of his reach for now. Hmm... I doubt that his time in the Mark will make him forget her though. Aren't we lucky that the Gondorians go in for long engagement periods!

Lia

P.S: wouldn't they ride west at the end?
ticktacktock chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
I always love seeing a new E/L story from you, and this seems just as promising as all your others. It has me wondering, though, about ice in a time period similar to this - is there a natural source, or are they able to manufacture it? This isn't meant to be a jab in any sense, so please don't take it that way! ;) I'm just wondering if you happened to do any research on the topic that you could share. It's made me so curious, and searches of my own haven't been very helpful! Thanks.
blacksleeves chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Yay!

I always enjoy your stories, and the E/I stories are the most entertaining. keep it coming!
Medea Smyke chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Haha! I have been digging into the archives lately but I was very excited to hear that you were up to something new.

This is a very good start! Poor Eomer! I'm glad that Eowyn wasn't pressing him too much. It's a touchy issue. Now, one with breaking that engagement!
Lady Anck-su-namun chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
*Happy dance* Always so exciting to see that you've written something! I can't wait to read the next chapter!
sweet-dreamrose chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Oh, please update soon! I feel so bad for Eomer :(

Hopefully Lord Gay-roast is discarded soon.
Eisheth chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Hmm, a very intriguing twists. It'll be interesting to see how Eomer and Lothiriel get together - although she doesn't seem to fond of Lord Gaerost, haha.

And I'm totally being nit-picky here, but is Sirrin an Elvish name? It struck me as rather out of place, and I can't pick any Elvish, or even Numenorean words in it. Just something you might want to change :)
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
I'm actually surprised this sort of scenario hasn't come up sooner- I guess it sort of did, the one where she used to be betrothed to Theodred, but it should be interesting to see how this one plays out. I liked the thought that Rohirrim prefer checkers because chess is too slow. :D And I'm assuming that when Eomer was referring to watching Theoden with his advisers, that was before Grima came onto the scene?

I'm going to try to keep up this time. We'll see if it works. ;)
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Good beginning! I don't like the Pretty Boy, but I like this Lothiriel and Eomer together. I think this is one betrothal that is better off broken! Looking forward to more.
SheWhoWeeps chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
lovely as always ) looking forward to more [nice twist]
shireling chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Hi Deandra,

Believe me, I don't think anyone will ever think you can write too many E/L stories. . .they are all unique and all delightful.

I look forward to watching the dance as Eomer and Lothiriel's relationship develops.

Helen